• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Josuke Higashikata vs Nora Valkyrie

Status
Not open for further replies.
She oneshot four 8-C+s with one attack, oneshot a grimm that was basically undamaged by any attack from Ruby, Ren, and her unamped self, and casually thrashed a guy who was overpowering Ozcar and Qrow, albeit because the last one was due to a stronger source of electricity

WeeklyBattles said:
She oneshot four 8-C+s with one attack, oneshot a grimm that was basically undamaged by any attack from Ruby, Ren, and her unamped self, and casually thrashed a guy who was overpowering Ozcar and Qrow
And how long does the amp last?

I strongly doubt one of her bombs would amp her as much as she was then.

"Greato-daze, you get stronger the more you absorb electricity huh, like a battery? That means if it enters your system..."

Nora gets interrupted by a DORRRAAADORADORADORA during their fight.

"I can use Crazy Diamonds ability to revert it out!"

No more amp, now Josuke knows he can hard counter her semblance.

WeeklyBattles said:
For a few attacks but she can amp herself with her electric weapons if she needs to
I don't see her doing anything other than charging electricity into her weapon in the vid you linked me.

She can't charge electricity into somehting, then re-absorb it to gain more power. That makes no sense.

Because Crazy Diamond literally bodies her whenever she tries to approach Josuke. Yeah she's strong, but there's nothing stopping him from lifting the 5'1 petite girl as she tries to dash into Josuke.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo She doesnt charge electricity into the weapon herself, its mechanical
She didn't hit herself with said weapon in the link you sent me.

She wouldn't amp herself.

Also, why would a single, 8-C+ missile amp her to one-shot range? What?

@Professor The superior lifting strength of said girl would be enough to wrench herself out of CD's grip, and if CD is holding her he's leaving Josuke open to grenades and blasts of electricity

WeeklyBattles said:
@Professor The superior lifting strength of said girl would be enough to wrench herself out of CD's grip, and if CD is holding her he's leaving Josuke open to grenades and blasts of electricity
CD just decks her in the face, she recoils from the confusion, then kicks her out of range. She can't react to it.

Repeat until aura is down.

Nora gets haxxed.

Dargoo Faust wrote

The hammer can amp her as shown by her charging up and one shotting that Petra Gigas.

TheRustyOne said:
Dargoo Faust wrote
When did he ever say she hits herself? The hammer can amp her as shown by her charging up and one shotted that Petra Gigas.
"she can amp herself with her electric weapons if she needs to"

"he amped herself with electricity from her own weapon against the Petra Gigas so yes she would actually do it with her own weapon."

And it isn't amping her, from what I can see. It has electricity, yes, but it's not going into her.

@Dargoo I never once said she hit herself with it, she absorbed electricity from her hammer through the aura that was coating said hammer

joske is still smarter and as he was able to trade blows with star platnium, his AP should be higher than hers, by a rather large amount. Not to mention CD's ability to revert things their previous form, so any charge she gets can be undone in a single punch.

still vote josuke.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo I never once said she hit herself with it, she absorbed electricity from her hammer through the aura that was coating said hammer
It didn't look like she absorbed electricity from her hammer.

It looked as if she either A) Charged her hammer herself, or B) It just charged itself with electricity that wasn't channeled into her.

@Super Josuke's AP is 1.1 tons, Nora's is 1.42 and when amped she can oneshot people with 1.42 ton AP and durability

WeeklyBattles said:
Every time I bring up lifting for some reason your brain goes into lifting Stat vs lifting Stat mode. That's not what wrestling or grappling is, Weekly.

You cannot lift your way out of a throw. If someone has you on their shoulders no amount of lifting strength can save you, unless you rip their jaw open or something. If Crazy Diamond goes for a double leg takedown into a charging Nora she's done for. She just plants herself into his shoulders and now he can either toss her 20m away or better yet, revert her electricity and take away from her amp then spam her skull onto the ground and force her into an unavoidable barrage.

Yes she is a strong lifter, but it doesn't help you get out of every grappling position. Maybe if she could interact with CD she could sprawl and pull a suplex on his ass, but she can't.

@Professor If he tries to throw her she just uses the throw as a means of letting off ranged attacks or redirects herself with her hammer to get extra power, both of which are things she has done in the show.

@Weekly

Nora can't react to Crazy Diamond's attacks. An invisible punch to the face would disorient her enough to knock her back out of range. CD would hold her off until her amp is over, then break through aura and hax her.

Also Nora amping herself with her weapon was in Vol 4, not 1-3. She presumably got upgrades going from Ruby's dialogue.

And as i said before, if she gets hit by something she cant see she would go for range spam. CD's range is limited while Nora's is much higher than Josuke's

WeeklyBattles said:
And as i said before, if she gets hit by something she cant see she would go for range spam. CD's range is limited while Nora's is much higher than Josuke's
Range spam doesn't work, as I've also said before, because of Josuke's stand ability. The missiles would just go back to her weapon after a single touch.

In a natural situation, she would be charging toward Josuke. Crazy Diamond would be forced to halt her momentum, easily done by lifting the object and spinning it around once or twice. She can't shoot or do shit if he has her bear hug style by the waist while being spun around.

From there he can revert her amp and slam her into the ground for a free barrage. I don't see a situation where Nora can fumble her way out of it, but please do throw some more ideas out there

@Professor No, in a natural situation she'd start off with range spam at the range theyre starting at. And can also shoot at the ground, something she has also done in-character.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo Which would cause her to blow herself up with electrical grenades and amp herself agai
Josuke isn't an idiot. He would just send them back to the weapon after he realizes the first time that it amps her. As I've said, he has fine control over how far back he can make an object go to its previous state.

I thought we were past that, of course she spams her projectiles and of course Josuke redirects it to her and amps her. Then she goes for the melee KO because she's super strong and fast...

which leads into my situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back