• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's because of the way explosions work; you can see how far they are away from the point where the explosion took place, so you should find out how much of the explosion Dio actually took instead of assuming he took the whole thing.

I've discussed this with Bambu on another calc, get the intensity of the blast, then the surface area of Dio's severed head.

The main issue is that no character is the source of the explosion so we can't directly apply the energy, we just know a character survived it, which can be done with much less durability than the full blast of it.

@Kal

Ah, I saw it. It honestly doesn't make much sense by my account; characters who scale far above one character who's on the bleeding edge of a tier are typically put above it. I don't know why the same shouldn't be applied for the + modifier.

@Prof I'm not too sure, as I never got back to Bambu on that. I'd advise asking a calc member about it.

Seeing as Dio is a fairly large man, body surface area should be ~1.9 m^2

The average human cross-section area is 0.64 m^2

1.9 x 0.64 = 1.216 m^2

The head takes up 18% of the total body surface area, so the total surface area is 0.21888 m^2

We'll use the current calc's result of 141.66 m radius explosion, plugging that into a surface area calculator yields 2.52e+5 m^2

2.52e+5 x 0.21888 = 55157.76x less surface area

2.7091191e+11 / 55157.76 = 4911582.88516 Joules

Wall level

Thank you Attack on Titan practice calcs

Here's my take on it:

Dio looks identical to Jonathan (and Jotaro) whenever they are in the same frame, so it's not a stretch saying that they are probably just as tall and weigh just as much as each other.

That means Dio is 6'5", 105kg, giving him a body surface area of 2.3m^2

In an adult, the head only takes up 9% of the total body surface area so the total surface area is 0.2079m^2.

Using the current result of 141.66m radius explosion, the surface area would be 252176.3 m^2.

252176.3 x 0.2079 = 52427x less surface area.

2.7091191e+11 / 52427 = 5167412 joules

Small Building Level - DIO

What about Jonathan?

His entire body withstood the explosion, no? At least the front of him did, which would account for 50% of his surface area rather than a measly 9% for DIO. That would leave him with a surface area of 1.15m^2.

Okay, I'll be off for a while. Keep in mind we've got 8-B RHCP as the highest calculation as of now.

Is it an outlier? If there are no other 8-B calculations than yes, I agree it would be.

So everyone is 8-C now, right?

Seeing as we've for the most part sorted out the ship explosion issue as of right now everyone is 8-C yes

Again, I see nothing wrong with the 8-B Wheel of Fortune calc, so it should be consistent. Kinda hard to screw something like that up.

@Arbitrary It wasnt done all at once and its a digging calc, that automatically calls into question its legitimacy

However I'm a bit iffy on RHCP's scaling. It supposedly scales to CD, right? Going by what I've read above it seems to be a durability feat. The only way I could see CD getting this scaled to its AP is via being able to hold back The Hand's hand, which could damage CD and make Josuke cough up blood.

My problem here lies with The Hand's fight with RHCP. RHCP, when the motorcycle's electric battery was its source, was able to damage The Hand, make Okuyasu cough up blood, cut off his hand, and even survive getting its head stomped on rapidly without its skull caving in.

This scaling would mean a normal powered RHCP would be on par with a full-powered RHCP.

@Arbitrary Hence why the fight against 8-B RHCP is likely an outlier due to RHCP's power varying depending on how much electricity it has absorbed.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
My problem here lies with The Hand's fight with RHCP. RHCP, when the motorcycle's electric battery was its source, was able to damage The Hand, make Okuyasu cough up blood, cut off his hand, and even survive getting its head stomped on rapidly without its skull caving in.

This scaling would mean a normal powered RHCP would be on par with a full-powered RHCP.
Wrong, at no point when he was connected to the battery was he trying to actively fight The Hand. Dodging and taunting him, yes, but no fighting. Not until he got the shit kicked out of him and he collapsed near the floor. Then he taunted Okuyasu into swiping and revealing the power lines, granting him access to the city grid (he says so himself) and then he cuts of his hand and shit.

The only reason why the weakened version survived The Hand I suppose was because at that point, Okuyasu was told by Jotaro to wait and let them come and handle it so it was probably in the forefront of his mind making him hold back.

No, there was a clash between them. At one point RHCP punched The Hand in the stomach and made Okuyasu cough up blood.

And no, Okuyasu definitely was not holding back. He's not exactly a reasonable person, and made it clear with his words that he was boiling up with anger, so it is to be expected that he'd try and settle things himself despite being told not to. When was the last time you saw someone stomping on someones head rapidly in anger while shouting "You little shit!!" being labeled as "holding back"?

So my point still stands; this scaling places a normal-powered RHCP on par with a full-powered RHCP.

Yeah he's dumb and angry but that is not reason to strike your opponent with all that you've got especially since those weren't a factor until after RHCP started taunting and exploiting him. Jotaro told him wait, he has no closure and even ended up making RHCP a deal a few seconds after they collapse. Why would he want to know where the stand user is if he also wants to kill the stand? I can beat someone up after they killed my brother but hold back so as not to kill them.

I think weakened RHCP is weaker than The Hand, who is weaker than Crazy Diamond. When he gets the towns worth of energy he becomes on par with Crazy Diamond in strength but outclasses him in speed of course. If he truly was far ahead of CD then he wouldn't have lost to him the last time he was hooked up to the power grid and there would be no need for a clash between them in which CD holds his own for a fair amount of time. Josuke also wouldn't have survived the punch he threw either.

This scaling does not have to place normal RHCP with full powered RHCP. Weakened took on The Hand, full powered took on and slightly surpassed Crazy Diamond. Crazy Diamond >>> The Hand.

I'd like to try out a few calcs before I pull the trigger on downgrading JoJo.

The first one in question is Star Platinum punching Hierophant Green through the roof of the school and causing the building to split and the ground to shake. The force on HG is going to be far higher than the destruction dealt to the building, so it may be an 8-C/8-B feat in the end.

The second one is Star Platinum causing a 15ft water sprout generated via punching underwater and causing the excess liquid to be directed to a manhole. This seems like a good feat too.

I don't recall any kind of destruction being done to the building. Some windows were shattered, yes, but it's probably Wall level at best. Much like many feats in JoJo. As someone who has calc'd tons of wall level calcs I can easily tell you that isn't going to get any Tier 8 results. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

I watched the anime and looked over the manga and one part of the building collapses. People inside had their windows shattered and the room was shaking too.

We´ll see, I´m calcing it now.

I got help and did the building feat, its coming out to 9-A, small building level. Makes sense.

Also as for the Avdol feat... why is it invalid? Because Joseph worded it a little weird? He didn´t dig it out with his hands or something, he didnt have enough time to do that with context. He clearly vaporized the hole for them. Joseph is saying he ┬¿dug it out┬¿ with his flames, not with his hands.

I mean, if he hadnt vaporized through several feet of concrete here I would agree with you guys, but since his flames have demonstrated the ability to vaporize dirt and ground in the past I think the feat should be legit.

And again, weird old Joseph saying ¨Thats the hole that was dug by the flames earlier!¨

When he said good job digging it out to Avdol, he meant with his flames... not his hands.

"Vaporized through concrete"

I think you have a very, very loose definition of vaporization considering you can see the stone shatterring, not turning into air. So, do you agree, then?

Even if he "dug it with fire", calling it vaporization without ample evidence is NLF at its finest. Why not call it atomization? It has just the same amount of evidence.

You need heavy evidence for vaporization, most of the time direct statements, as vaporization always yeild massively high results for almost anything.

I mean it needs to burn its way through the ground. Shattering rocks underground does not displace them, otherwise you would see the ground shifting continiously from Avdols attack. That being said at the last moment, yes, it did shatter the very first layer of concrete.

I dont see any debris thrown to the side nor is there any implication that there was, his flames just made a hole. So if we are shown that there was no debris left over, the logical smallest leap of conclusion is that he must have vaporized the material. Him atomizing it is a larger leap.

Just want to point out Avdol dug out parts of the ground in his fight with Polnareff without actually vaporizing it

so how many 8-B feats do we still have? Dio and Jonathan on the ship (only thing it "invalidating it" is being outlier, which it may not be), Avdol and the tracks. Am I missing any?

EDIT: also, does anyone plan on/think we shoul re calc the hill busting feat from Tarkus?

@Chartate The Ship calc was redone and the yield is now 9-A

Avdol was debunked as digging and not vaporization

The only 8-B feat there is now is RHCP and it doesnt scale to anyone as its a situational amp

To be fair, it looked more like Avdol just causes a small explosion rather than vaporize parts of the stone, but good point.

The shot of the hole is extremely narrow, for one, so we don't know if the dirt was just displaced, espcially considering "dug" and "vaporized" are two very different words. We would see smoke (coming off of the ground, not the wood) and charred ground if he actually vaporized it.

So far, Red Hot Chili Pepper Amping itself and Tarkus doing 8-C stuff

@Garg the highest feat we have is Red Hot Chili Pepper's 8-B electricity amped feat which doesnt scale to anyone

Other than that the best feats we have are like ten 8-C and 9-A feats

Tier 7 ice was a miscalculation. Lest, Tier 7 ice on the scale of Pet Shops'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back