• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Tarkus one, the Jotaro one (which people are saying it doesn't scale to anyone), and Stone Free being stated to have High 8-C levels of powers within a guide or something.

ProfessorLord said:
Star Platinum breathing can be scaled to his strength, right? Pulling in fog with your lungs from a distance takes lung strength.
I think it's safe to assume if his lungs are that strong, his other muscles should at least be comparable and realistically, stronger.

@Chartate Considering like half of the AP calcs for JoJo were either invalid or inapplicable, I feel like we should make sure and double check it.

Good news, though! Bambu had me calc the kinetic energy of Planet Wave's asteroids (since we didn't have a timeframe, that was from the wiki), and it came out as decently far into 8-C.

So for 8-C we have:

• Tarkus splitting the hill
  • Star Platinum breathing
  • Jolyne deflecting meteorites

Star Platinum Breathing may not scale to all stand users, but it probably scales to other close range powers like Za Warudo, CD, KC, DD, etc

Considering we have two feats that are 8-C that can scale to most stand users and at least three feats for DIO, is it safe to say that the max strength of most stand users right now is 8-C?

Planet Waves is an awesome stand by the way, forgot about it.

9-A Jojo is a fun thought though, seems like they're wildly out of place in that tier for some reason lol.

Are there any more calcs or can we come to a final conclusion of 8-C Jojo with exceptions being 8-B RHCP and Kars?

WeeklyBattles said:
Actually, can someone post more scans of the jail cell so i can get the dimensions of the room?
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Jotaro vs Avdol ENGLISH DUB 2-33 screenshot
You can get a good idea of the cell's height here

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Jotaro vs Avdol ENGLISH DUB 3-39 screenshot
length and width here

I'd multiply whatever results you get for the volume of the room by 2 as it can be felt significantly outside of the room.

Side note, if we gonna be scaling a good few people to Westwood (Planet Waves' user) it might be worth having a profile for him that we can link along with the calc. It would be real simple

Anyone here wanna toss one together or should I?

Haven't made a JoJo profile myself, so I'd like to take a whack at it.

@Prof was the chain game before or after Deep-Pass?

Even if it was before, getting your neck snapped isn't exactly something you can scale from.

I would add a note on the profile that if the stand was used at higher altitudes it would be stronger, and that the Large Building is the power for sea level and that general height

@Iap I don't think Planet Waves was used anywhere but the prison, going by what I remember of the fight.

Also I have no clue where you're getting High 8-C from, the KE was calced at 8-C. I made a faulty High 8-C calc then immediately removed it when I realised the timeframe was from the wiki and not the manga.

Also the prison is in Florida, so it's actually probably near sea-level, lol.

It wasn't, but don't forget that the meteorites get smaller and smaller the more they fall towards earth. If he were higher in the air, a madara situation is more likely to occur.

I meant building, my bad.

That is true, but if you look at how to stand works higher altitudes would make it naturally more destructive, and lower altitudes would make in naturally less

I'm re reading the fight, but I found a time when Planet Waves pulled down an even bigger meteor. Is there any way to calc this one falling from such speeds and distance?

Planet waves bigger meteor

Jonathan was forced into a game against Tarku were both of them were chained by collars and hooked up to a pulley system where pulling on it lifts and hangs the other fighter. Normally this would be a battle of lifting strength but Tarkus doesn't use slow strenuous movements as you would when lifting something, he yanks on it as hard as he can and Jonathan is not only hung by his chain but skyrocketed to the ceiling over and over until Tarkus breaks his neck from the force.

Zeppeli steps in, dies, gives Jonathan his hamon. Cue Jonathan casually overpowering and now doing the same thing Tarkus did to him.

Should Jonathan scale to him? Yes, at least tt his durability. because otherwise he would have been obliterated when he hit the ceiling. After he got the upgrade his AP should scale to Tarkus as well. He also gets a significant boost to his lifting strength seeing as how he could now break out of his collar which not even Tarkus could do.

Hope that gives you enough context.

@Iap The issue is that Jolyne doesn't get hit by that meteor, nor does Stone Free deflect it, so it wouldn't scale to anyone. You can still calc it if you want, though.

@Prof So his AP doesn't scale, but his dura does?

Dargoo Faust said:
@Prof was the chain game before or after Deep-Pass?

Even if it was before, getting your neck snapped isn't exactly something you can scale from.
It was when Deep Pass ended up being given to JoJo

Also, pretty sure his neck never snapped, he was just slowly getting strangled as he was pinned to the ceiling. He definitely was doing fine for a good amount of time before getting amped.

Dargoo Faust said:
@Iap The issue is that Jolyne doesn't get hit by that meteor, nor does Stone Free deflect it, so it wouldn't scale to anyone. You can still calc it if you want, though.
It was stated that Jolyne is comparable to Planet Waves' meteors in power, so the high ball is valid to scale to her

I thought I made it clear but yes, pre tarkus Jonathan is 8-C in durability but should not be in AP.

Post tarkus he should be 8-C all around, on par with Star Platinum and Stone Free and the such.

Also no, I can't source it now but I'm almost positive his neck was snapped from Tarkus yanking on him. Should also have several conclusions too, lol.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
It was stated that Jolyne is comparable to Planet Waves' meteors in power, so the high ball is valid to scale to her
Can you link that?

And that's also incorrect by default seeing as Jolyne has to practically put holes in her arms just to deflect smaller meteorites.

Weekly has a point too, it just seems off to say he can take hits from Tarkus pre-Deep Pass considering his trouble with relatively fodder minions of Dio before it.

I think we should just scale him to the fodder (9-A from what I recall).

I'll need to find it. Its the same scan that says stone free smells like soap, I'm looking for it right now actually.

Her AP scales, but not her durability

If her AP scales, so would her dura, seeing as a bagillion other stands have strength comparable to Stone Free.

Even then I'd call foul on using the largest meteor, seeing as meteors which were ridiculously smaller than that greivously injured her stand when it barely deflected it. The 8-C calc is actually above her AP and dura, seeing as deflecting it made her injure herself a decent lot.

WeeklyBattles said:
>8-C (only had his neck broken by Tarkus pulling on him with a chain)

...Why does that not should like it should scale to his durability
Because you worded it in a way that highlighted he was still injured by an 8-C attack but failed to present it in a way that demonstrates that had he not been the same tier he should have been obliterated.

For example, "8-C (Managed to survive being throttled against a stone ceiling by Tarkus repeatedly.)"

Weekly is wrong, Jonathan had little trouble against any fodder character before Burford and Tarkus. Burford because he was much faster and adept with a sword, Tarkus because he was much beefier. Jack The Ripper, the snake zombie and others he easily stomped.

If an attack does significant damage like breaking your neck it wouldnt scale to your durability

Thats like saying every human is 9-C because any human can survive being shot once and live if they receive medical treatment immediately after

Dargoo, just because an attack gravely wounded or injured you doesn't mean it's out of your tier. If she reflected it then she's within 8-C range. Boxers are gravely injured by their punches all the time despite being equal tiers. Tanks of the same tier can blow each other up.

Being badly injured by an 8-C meteor means you are 8-C at the very least, possibly the max 9-A goes depending on the gap. If you aren't then any attempt to reflect it or punch or whatever should immediately fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back