• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming Prof doesn't come to save the day, since Tarkus' feat is a hair's length below 8-C+, and if we go with that, how about we have Post-Deep Pass Johnathan and Dio as 8-C+? As well as anyone who would scale, maybe have 8-C+ for A rank strength stands.

There better be a lot to say, by the way, since Pet Shop's feat was debunked to 9-A, meaning 8-B is even more of an outlier.

We can't put pluses without calcs putting the plus there unfortunately

I see it done all the time from X Tier + to whatever tier is next if there are sufficiently large scaling chains. It isn't that much of a stretch to say Dio is what, 1.3 times stronger than his minions?

Where does it say that's not allowed?

Kal started the movement, but then later said "nah" to the notion. There ain't anywhere it's written, it's just kinda a general rule that +s need calcs.

We have a calc though, we're not scaling from baseline. The calc is right next to 8-C+, it's not a large stretch of the imagination to say that people who utterly outclass Tarkus are a fraction stronger than him.

Yeah,I know, I'm saying the calc needs to be a +.

Cole literally has to be little more then 2x stronker then his BoG self but he simply can't have a +, rules are rules.

Unless they aren't.

I dunno, Kal knows this more then the one just telling you what he thinks.

No plus without a calc, and we need to have it written down.

Kyoko scales to 50 megatons by existing and she needs to be .2x stronger then that for 7B+.

We don't give a plus without a calc and Im making a thread on that soon

There's... nothing to change though.

It's just something Kal said I assume, and isn't in stone, and I see stuff like that done on the site all the time. Heck, some verses have scaling chains that go over entire tiers.

Dargoo Faust said:
Hate to burst your bubble, but RHCP's feat is ED, and can't be scaled to AP/Dura as unless you disperse an electrical attack entirely you shouldn't scale to its energy, something that was established on another thread.
I would agree with you if his entire being did not rely on scaling 1-1 with energy consumption. The more energy he can get access to, the stronger he can get. The inverse is also true. It's not just him vaguely having access to it.

My memory isn't the greatest so I went back and looked at the chapter (313) , his exact words are:

"I'm concentrating all of the town's electrical power within Red Hot Chili Peppers!" and he goes on to explain that the reason he didn't do it before was because he'd be left with no power. Queue him giving Crazy Diamond a hard time and eventually punching him so hard him and Josuke get sent threw a forklift.

That means CD took the entire electrical power of Morioh concentrated into a punch and managed to survive it. If we can accurately determine a calculation for how much energy Morioh uses, then we can use that value to scale to most of JoJo.

This is going to be difficult to do so please bare with me, I'll put this into a blog post and get it evaluated after a little feedback here:

We need to know how much energy Morioh produces. To do that, I went about it by using a compariso. In 1999 (where DiU took place) the average energy use per capita (how much energy a person uses) was 8147 kw/h per year, according to this website. Dividing it by 365 gives us 22 kw/h per person. (which isn't that far off according to this . the 22 kw/h per person may seem a bit high but it doesn't account for utilities and other buildings where people don't live, so it seems fine.)

Morioh has a population of 58,713, multiplying that by the 22 kw/w gives us 1291686 kw/h for Morioh, or roughly 1111 tons, that would be a low 7-C feat. I can consider this the mid-end calc, if we divide the 22 kw/h per person to half of that (which now matches the UK average), it still gives us 555 tons, or 8-A.

But then again, you can make the argument that RHCP didn't absorb a days worth of energy in Morioh (despite being hooked up to it for presumably that long) which I can acknowledge and concede to.

If we take the 22 kw/h per day and divide it by 24 hours it gives us 0.9, the amount Morioh should produce in an hour. Putting it into the previous calculation gives me 46 tons, or still 8-B.

Also keep in mind that RHCP could withstand a beating from the hard hitting The Hand, when he was weakened and restricted to only 12 volts even when he was weakened and restricted to only 12 volts . Him having access to a towns worth of energy and still only being 8-B seems fair if him being weakened is not far off from 8-B in the first place.

@Professor That seems more like a variable tier based on how much electricity it absorbs rather than a single solid tier seeing as it gets weaker or stronger proportional to the amount of electricity it has access to.

I agree and he would get that revised, but the fact of the matter is Crazy Diamond took a beating from him while he was empowered by the entire electrical grid, keeping in mind his weakened form is still strong enough to survive a beating from The Hand.

Based on it being far above what any of the other stands have shown to be capable of and based on it being much stronger than anything Crazy Diamond and Star Platinum have taken or dished out

I know i keep making this analogy but 8-C RWBY characters have taken hits from 8-Bs multiple times throughout the series but we dont scale them to it because its an outlier

It's not far above Crazy Diamond, just above it to an unknown degree.

They still traded punches and CD took the hit despite RHCP being bloodlusted. Josuke was launched through several shipping containers and he could still stand after everything was said and done.

That implies one is of superior power, but not overwhelming power. He's not far above CD, if he stopped moving around so fast then he would have been in grave danger.

This is acknowledged when he's previously connected to the towns power supply but still taunts Josuke by giving him a "free hit" and ends up regretting his decision, getting wrekt and being forced to retreat in order to power up more and do some investigation.

Crazy Diamond is 8-C to 8-C+ depending on where they land after the revisions, RHCP is 8-B+ (76 Tons). That is a gap of over 70x. Its an outlier.

... based off current feats.

I'm not done with the giant ship explosion yet, I'll see if I can't manage to salvage it and make sense of it since so many people have basic questions about the legitamacy.

If my RHCP goes through and I can revise the ship explosion and we end up having two 8-B feats, then that means we're generating some consistency.

The number of feats does not mean its consistent my dude. RWBY has 2 8-A feats and two 8-B feats but theyre all outliers.

@Prof I commented on the blog; it looks good, but you assumed every person in the city owned their own house. Instead, you should find the average number of individuals per household in Japan in that year.

Keep in mind that doesn't account for apartment complexes, the homeless, and other populations that don't own property.

Did I? I thought I just took the average electrical consumption that any given person would generate in 1999 Japan, then multiplied it by the number of people in the town.

Oh, nevermind. I thought you wrote per household and not per capita. You're in the clear.

DMUA said:
There ain't anywhere it's written, it's just kinda a general rule that +s need calcs.
Actually it's written on the tiering system page. And if you want to be technical, Ant started it, i'm simply making sure that people respect the current rules.

Edit: On the attack potency page actually

I have to ask, why do people not think Jonathan and Dio were at the epicenter of the ship explosion? The giant rowing mechanism/engine thingy was literally a few feet away from them. They can't get any closer unless they're hugging it. The coffin is literally brushing up against it.

Image from 30 Dec 2017 (8)0

Just trying to make sense of this for myself.

Epicenter is subjective isn't it? It means center point. Depending on the scale of the explosion, epicenter can change. If it's planetary in size then saying the epicenter was Texas is fair. Is the room in this case not the epicenter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back