• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WeeklyBattles said:
If an attack does significant damage like breaking your neck it wouldnt scale to your durability

Thats like saying every human is 9-C because any human can survive being shot once and live if they receive medical treatment immediately after
You blatantly ignore the fact that Tarkus repeatedly slammed him against the ceiling and Jonathan was relatively OK. Not great and he was bleeding, but OK.

Also if Jonathan was borderline 9-A like the fodder zombies than Tarkus forcing him into it over and over would obliterate him. Isn't that a 25x difference or something like that?

@DMUA

Comparatively speaking, "small meteorite" can mean absolutely anything, considering "meteorite" can mean an object entering the atmosphere at the size of less than a molecule.

So I feel like Jolyne deflecting decently sized ones with major injuries makes much more sense than conjecturing she can survive larger ones she had to dodge, since that statement has little to no value, and the size of the rocks I used in my calc, which we have concrete evidence of her countering, are already massively high in size compared to other meteorites in relative terms.

Unless you have more scans of her deflecting other meteorites, 8-C is where we're at, and I think it's generous given the abundant consistency of 9-A.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Jotaro vs Avdol ENGLISH DUB 3-39 screenshot
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Jotaro vs Avdol ENGLISH DUB 2-33 screenshot
Avdol increases the temperature to 45C with Magician's Red

Room Temperature in C is 23C, so thats a change of 22C

Jotaro is 1.95 m tall

1.95 / 626 px = 0.003 m/px

435 x 0.003 = 1.305 m x 3 = 3.915 m

496 x 0.003 = 1.488 m x 3 = 4.464 m

1.95 / 648 = 0.003 px

0.003 x 1011 = 3.033 m

LxWxH = 53 m^3

As the area outside was heated equally, doubling this is a fair assumption, so 106 m^3

Density of air at 300k (near room temperature) = 1.177 kg/m^3

Mass of this air = volume x density = 124.762 kg

Specific heat capacity of air (with constant volume) at 300K = 0.7178 KJ/kgK [in this case, volume will be constant)

Energy needed to heat up air = mass of air*specific heat capacity*change in temperature

Energy = (124.762kg)*(717.8J/kgK)*(22C) = 1970191.5992 J

Wall level

Has anyone calculated the Tusk Act 4 crater yet? He vaporized the ground where he struck valentine. I got the colored version just so it was clear that the smoke coming out was not just dust clouds. the hole has some weird perspective shots tho

Act 4 vaporizes part of the ground color

FunnyValentine2
Act 4 vaporizes part of the ground color
Funny is 846 px tall

Assuming the average height of 1.76 m

1.76 / 846 = 0.002 m/px

Coat is 528 px long

528 x .002 = 1.056 m

Coat is 151 px long

1.056 / 151 = 0.006 m/px

609 px diameter crater

609 x 0.006 = 3.654 m

3.654 / 2 = 1.827 m radius

Volume of crater = 12.7725 m^3 = 12772500 cm^3

12772500 x 214.35 = 2737785375 joules, .6 tons of tnt

Low-end Building level

Genericstickman said:
The OVA has some good feats, the only problem with them is that they're non canon and contradicts a bunch of stuff
flashbacks to the removal of Speedwago

I was told.... By Google+ wan- you know what I'm not going to finish that sentence, alright, they're 2 things as I thought, moving on, OVA isn't Canon.

>vaporized the ground

You do know that dirt, like, compressess when you apply pressure to it? Such as punching it hard, like Act 4 is doing there?

Unless vaporization was stated.

I wouldn't even call it pulverization; he's just compressing regular, normal dirt. Sure, compressing that much dirt takes a decent amount of energy, but nothing outside of 9-C+ or baseline 9-B.

The main issue is that stuff like stone and metal shatters and breaks when you apply enough energy or force to it; Dirt just compresses and releases air that's inside of it. According to this article, you're still breaking molecular bonds like breaking any other material, which "require high amplitude, high impact forces to squeeze and mold the material together".

So maybe pulverization would work, since you're punching hard enough for a decent lot of the dirt's bonds to break, causing it to reshape itself? Not really too sure.

Since it seems we're all on the same page, should we begin implementing changes?

I find it kinda weird that this was never highlighted. But would Jonathan get an 8-C+ for being massively stronger than Tarukus, or no?

Apparently if a character is .00001 Tons below 8-C+ and another character is massively stronger than them, you still can't add the modifier, according to Kal.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Seems like a needless complication and a pointless qualifier, holding bureaucracy above common sense
Exactly, characters should be allowed to jump tiers if they can far stronger than characters who are by themself very close to jump tier to tier, with the expections of anything that is above infinite 3d power.

Torlikoff said:
I find it kinda weird that this was never highlighted.
I'll highlight if we get to a second thread, right now this is a bit too messy since it started on Q&A.

A) That calc hasn't been accepted.

B) I'm unsure how breathing scales to anything.

ProfessorLord said:
Star Platinum breathing can be scaled to his strength, right? Pulling in fog with your lungs from a distance takes lung strength.

I think it's safe to assume if his lungs are that strong, his other muscles should at least be comparable and realistically, stronger.
vf

Lungs aren't a muscle, though.

Being able to breath in a lot of air actually has little to do with your physical strength. The KE just comes from moving a large amount of air in a small amount of time.

That put I would have absolutely no complaints about High 8-C Post-Deep Pass JoJo, I'd just like a better feat.

Sort of? Do stands even have Diaphrams?

I don't see why it would scale to physical strength.

I'll make a new thread soon and highlight it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back