• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
It can be dispersed/outlasted before then, as just being stronger doesn't mean it can't be overpowered, as being close to Cinder isn't what Test wants lol
Johnny's tornado is far bigger, so dispersing wouldn't really help. Plus, it depends on how far apart they will be if this clash were to happen.

All Cinder needs to do is make a gap big enough to not hit her, or she can hit Test/forcefield it
This is also assuming the clash would even happen btw.

If either person attacked first, they would both just find ways to avoid or block the attacks (Johnny being the one to avoid, Cinder being the one to block).

And guess what? He's done it in combat before (as I've shown above), so it makes it combat applicable.
Not as often as he swings his arms. We go for the most consistent use of things like that, it's why Thought-Based time stop for DIO is argued, he thinks it out more then he shouts it, in this case Test swings his arms from up to down more often then anything else

Not as often as he swings his arms. We go for the most consistent use of things like that, it's why Thought-Based time stop for DIO is argued, he thinks it out more then he shouts it, in this case Test swings his arms from up to down more often then anything else
Using hax consistently is different from having a certain amount of power consistently.

If someone is depicted as consistently 5-A, but then has a couple of 3-A feats, the 3-A feats will be immediately scrapped, as that character is consistently depicted as 5-A.

However, if someone consistently shouts out their attack, and occasionally doesn't shout out their attacks, it will still be considered that the person won't shout out their attacks when they're serious or like desperate.

For another example. If someone normally doesn't use teleport in combat, but on a few occasions, have teleported in combat, then it should be said that the character can teleport when they absolutely need to.

I had to go to bed and so I missed a ton of the conversation, I’m just wondering how Cinder gets past her attack just being blown out. Johnny’s wind has shown to be able to disperse large amounts of fire before (temperature won’t provide any resistance to that and Johnny has the ap advantage). If she has a good way to get past that I’ll vote for her, but I’m not sure she can get past that.

Last I checked that attack makes it pretty clear it’s going to happen. Are you referring to the one she used on (forgot how to spell her name: good witch), because that isn’t a hidden bomb it’s super obvious and has a charge up.

Last I checked that attack makes it pretty clear it’s going to happen. Are you referring to the one she used on (forgot how to spell her name: good witch), because that isn’t a hidden bomb it’s super obvious and has a charge up.
Sometime the foe is off guard for it especially if they don't know about it

It makes a loud noises on top of being a bright ball of fire. It prevents Cinder from being completely defenseless but having her entire win be based around an attack that only works if the opponent was caught off guard is ridiculous. Especially since Johnny can teleport with multiple different ways here.

Well a few questions: would that be an ap thing or a lifting strength thing? Also that brings up if Johnny manages to prolong the fight for any decent amount of time. Johnny is a very annoying person, and Cinder already gets annoyed very easily. Add in Johnny purposely being more annoying in fights and Cinder is going to be as pissed as she can be very quickly. Cinder has shown to be a spasy brute when especially annoyed. So her thinking of using wind to get rid of Johnny’s versus just trying to burn everything like she normally does, seems unlikely to me. And her using her wind to disperse Johnny’s wind gives him time to taunt her since the only attacks she has that are going to be really effect here are her fire attacks (and sometimes ice but Johnny can counter and she rarely uses it)

Also that brings up if Johnny manages to prolong the fight for any decent amount of time
Johnny should be able to do this via Teleportation spam, which he's shown to do in a few different ways, as I've shown in this thread.

Cinder's only true wincon is her fire, but Johnny has many ways around this.

Either Johnny outlasts (highly doubt it), or he overwhelms Cinder with his Tornado Spam.

I think him teleport spamming is both, worst for him, and more unlikely than him annoying her in some other way. If he teleport spams he’s just going to get stuck doing that till her dies because Cinder’s just going to nuke everything in fire once she gets annoyed enough. If he just keeps taunting her with the tornadoes she going to become less focused on stopping them and more focused on just killing Johnny.

I think him teleport spamming is both, worst for him, and more unlikely than him annoying her in some other way. If he teleport spams he’s just going to get stuck doing that till her dies because Cinder’s just going to nuke everything in fire once she gets annoyed enough. If he just keeps taunting her with the tornadoes she going to become less focused on stopping them and more focused on just killing Johnny.
I mean, Johnny can teleport as far as space, so he shouldn't have a problem with avoiding Cinder's attempt at nuking everything with fire, since Cinder's range is Several Kilometers, and Johnny's teleportation range is far above that.

I mean, on one hand Johnny isn’t the smartest, on the other hand he would have a pretty obvious reason and a lot of time to teleport that far.

Though big thing is, I don’t think Cinder should have that range for all of her maiden attacks (if any). That range came from making storms, but the maidens making storms is an outlier now. I guess the bit of the storm Amber manipulated won’t be an outlier and was that far away but then 1) Their justification should be changed, 2) I have no clue why that would scale to any ability other than wind and electricity manipulation (the fire and ice come from a completely different location and work differently in general).

I mean, on one hand Johnny isn’t the smartest
He has the common sense to teleport a far enough distance to avoid danger. He's actually pretty clever when he tries.

Though big thing is, I don’t think Cinder should have that range for all of her maiden attacks (if any). That range came from making storms, but the maidens making storms is an outlier now. I guess the bit of the storm Amber manipulated won’t be an outlier and was that far away but then 1) Their justification should be changed, 2) I have no clue why that would scale to any ability other than wind and electricity
Can't say much on this. Only thing I'll say if that is the case, then Johnny will outranges Cinder, which will be even more detrimental for her.

"It makes a loud noises on top of being a bright ball of fire. It prevents Cinder from being completely defenseless but having her entire win be based around an attack that only works if the opponent was caught off guard is ridiculous. Especially since Johnny can teleport with multiple different ways here."

It being noticeable would make Johnny all the more likely to stop attacking and teleport away, which would stop him from attacking and give Cinder an opening as its already been established that Johnny cannot attack and teleport at the same time and that johnny needs to actively move his arms in order to teleport as him teleporting once without doing so is heavily inconsistent with his other showings.

"Also that brings up if Johnny manages to prolong the fight for any decent amount of time. Johnny is a very annoying person, and Cinder already gets annoyed very easily. Add in Johnny purposely being more annoying in fights and Cinder is going to be as pissed as she can be very quickly. Cinder has shown to be a spasy brute when especially annoyed. So her thinking of using wind to get rid of Johnny’s versus just trying to burn everything like she normally does, seems unlikely to me. And her using her wind to disperse Johnny’s wind gives him time to taunt her since the only attacks she has that are going to be really effect here are her fire attacks (and sometimes ice but Johnny can counter and she rarely uses it)"

that was already brought up earlier in the thread, it wouldnt apply here as that only applies to Cinder before volume 8 as per word of god, after her 1v1 with penny she ditched this mindset completely

It being noticeable would make Johnny all the more likely to stop attacking and teleport away, which would stop him from attacking and give Cinder an opening as its already been established that Johnny cannot attack and teleport at the same time and that johnny needs to actively move his arms in order to teleport as him teleporting once without doing so is heavily inconsistent with his other showings.
How would that give Cinder an opening when she doesn't know where Johnny is teleporting to? Plus, pulling down both of his arms takes less than a second to do. I've already explained how using hax inconsistently is different from being a certain level of power inconsistently. If someone is consistently depicted as 5-A, but has a done a couple of 3-A feats, those 3-A feats get scrapped. But, if someone has consistently shown to not use teleportation for combat, but on a few occasions, has used teleportation in combat, then it's safe to say they would use when they need to. Johnny has shown to have a poof effect when teleporting, and he's also demonstrated that he doesn't have to move his arms to teleport, so it's safe to say he can teleport that way, just not consistently.

that was already brought up earlier in the thread, it wouldnt apply here as that only applies to Cinder before volume 8 as per word of god, after her 1v1 with penny she ditched this mindset completely
She would still get pissed and/or annoyed if a kid's running circles around her, constantly mocking/taunting her.

Even if Johnny can only pull down his arms in order to teleport, Cinder would have to react in time, and she and Johnny will have to be certain distance in order to catch him before he teleports. That's not going to happen, as Johnny's a range fighter, so he'll be able to teleport just fine.

How would that give Cinder an opening when she doesn't know where Johnny is teleporting to? Plus, pulling down both of his arms takes less than a second to do. I've already explained how using hax inconsistently is different from being a certain level of power inconsistently. If someone is consistently depicted as 5-A, but has a done a couple of 3-A feats, those 3-A feats get scrapped. But, if someone has consistently shown to not use teleportation for combat, but on a few occasions, has used teleportation in combat, then it's safe to say they would use when they need to. Johnny has shown to have a poof effect when teleporting, and he's also demonstrated that he doesn't have to move his arms to teleport, so it's safe to say he can teleport that way, just not consistently.

She would still get pissed and/or annoyed if a kid's running circles around her, constantly mocking/taunting her.
Doing it during a world ending event isn't pressure? I think if he doesn't do it often at all during that then it's a non-argument

Johnny won't even be in range to even begin to taunt her without risking getting tagged.

Also this assumes the fight will take place in a leveled city, something that won't happen for awhile and give Cinder many chances to just slaughter test with her fire.

Back