• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Johnny won't even be in range to even begin to taunt her without risking getting tagged.
Johnny doesn't need to be right in front of Cinder to taunt her. He can still keep his distance while taunting her. A normal human can taunt/mock someone while keeping a range so they won't get tagged. Same logic applies here.

Also this assumes the fight will take place in a leveled city, something that won't happen for awhile and give Cinder many chances to just slaughter test with her fire.
Johnny can cancel Cinder's fire out with his Hurricane Hands, or he can just teleport out of the fire's range. These are 2 options Johnny can easily do.

Johnny doesn't need to be right in front of Cinder to taunt her. He can still keep his distance while taunting her. A normal human can taunt/mock someone while keeping a range so they won't get tagged. Same logic applies here.

Johnny can cancel Cinder's fire out with his Hurricane Hands, or he can just teleport out of the fire's range. These are 2 options Johnny can easily do.
Go ahead and try to taunt someone from 150 feet away while getting constantly attacked by things that can severely injure or even one-shot you with one go

That's fire that burns through 2000 degree Farenheit heat resistance. It ain't normal fire to be overpowered by wind. Ah yes, the Teleportation that still has to actually activate after the arm swing. Something that lets Cinder just land an attack at that range.

Go ahead and try to taunt someone from 150 feet away while getting constantly attacked by things that can severely injure or even one-shot you with one go
You're assuming that Johnny would taunt right off the bat. He'd actually attack first, then after a bit, he'd start taunting. And you're also assuming Johnny would just continue taunting while getting attacked instead of just... avoiding the attack, like any person with common sense would.

That's fire that burns through 2000 degree Farenheit heat resistance. It ain't normal fire to be overpowered by wind. Ah yes, the Teleportation that still has to actually activate after the arm swing. Something that lets Cinder just land an attack at that range.
"Johnny’s wind has shown to be able to disperse large amounts of fire before (temperature won’t provide any resistance to that and Johnny has the ap advantage)." Temperature won't matter, and Johnny has the AP advantage by ~2.31x. The entire process literally takes less than a second, as shown here. So if Johnny's at a certain range, then he'll have more than enough time to teleport, which he's perfectly capable of doing, since he's a range fighter in this key.

Cinder could even do what she did against Glynda, using her Dust as a faux counterattack and having it get purposely broken up to spread explosive shards across the battlefield that she can detonate without johnny even knowing theyre there

Cinder could even do what she did against Glynda, using her Dust as a faux counterattack and having it get purposely broken up to spread explosive shards across the battlefield that she can detonate without johnny even knowing theyre there
Show me a scan of this please.

that was already brought up earlier in the thread, it wouldnt apply here as that only applies to Cinder before volume 8 as per word of god, after her 1v1 with penny she ditched this mindset completely”

Ok, seriously, Rwby what the f*. They changed Cinder’s entire character in an out of verse interview. How is practically anyone supposed to know her character changed so drastically for literally zero reason in verse.

I’ll vote Cinder FRA but seriously. That is one of the dumbest things RT has done in a while.

that was already brought up earlier in the thread, it wouldnt apply here as that only applies to Cinder before volume 8 as per word of god, after her 1v1 with penny she ditched this mindset completely”

Ok, seriously, Rwby what the f*. They changed Cinder’s entire character in an out of verse interview. How is practically anyone supposed to know her character changed so drastically for literally zero reason in verse.

I’ll vote Cinder FRA but seriously. That is one of the dumbest things RT has done in a while.
I mean it makes sense I could see it in the end of vol 8 where she literally stops messing around and actually wins

Everyone she was fighting other than Penny she stomps. And one of the big reasons Penny won last time was gone (her being a robot) and she just ran away from winter because she didn’t need to fight her. The next scene she then proceeded to murder Watts out of pure spite. There is nothing suggesting she changed and even if she did the writers didn’t give her a reason in the show. Though it doesn’t matter, the writers said she changed (totally guys you nailed it) so she doesn’t have that weakness anymore.

after her fight with Penny, Watts gave to her the speach of her life making her understanding that her mindset was the problem, that's why she changed, its not dumb its actually understandable

after her fight with Penny, Watts gave to her the speach of her life making her understanding that her mindset was the problem, that's why she changed, its not dumb its actually understandable
Also she lost to penny in 1v1 because of her ego and her keep on trying to steal her power even though penny wasn't weakened enough to do it

Her trying to steal Penny’s power and failing and Watts insulting her both don’t have to do with her getting pissy after being annoyed. I mean Penny a bit, but Watts was talking about her failing in general, not that she gets salty.

I'm pretty sure Cinder would still get annoyed regardless of her change of mindset, especially if she's facing a kid who's running circles around her and cancelling out her fire attacks via Tornado Spam.

I'm pretty sure Cinder would still get annoyed regardless of her change of mindset, especially if she's facing a kid who's running circles around her and cancelling out her fire attacks via Tornado Spam.
Granted I did forget for a bit Johnny is an extra annoying person. Like slamming your toe into a wall would probably be more enjoyable than fighting Johnny, but I’m not sure.

I mean she does still clearly get a bit annoyed because she held a grudge against Watts and murdered him over it. Though I’m not sure if she would get as trigger happy brute like as she would before. Which was the biggest point of annoying her.

Granted I did forget for a bit Johnny is an extra annoying person. Like slamming your toe into a wall would probably be more enjoyable than fighting Johnny, but I’m not sure.
That's a funny way of describing what it's like fighting Johnny, especially in his X form lol.

I mean she does still clearly get a bit annoyed because she held a grudge against Watts and murdered him over it. Though I’m not sure if she would get as trigger happy brute like as she would before. Which was the biggest point of annoying her.
Agreed, but Johnny's at his competent in his X form, and he has many ways of avoiding, and even countering Cinder's fire.

I mean, the only thing I can think of that counters the fire is the wind. For the teleportation I still need to make a CRT on Cinder’s range since that would effect wether he would need to constantly teleport or not.

I mean, the only thing I can think of that counters the fire is the wind.
Which is something Johnny spams in character. And if Cinder tries using her ice, she's getting destroyed here, as Johnny has Ice powers himself, and he's fought and defeated people with ice powers many times.

For the teleportation I still need to make a CRT on Cinder’s range since that would effect wether he would need to constantly teleport or not.
Okay.

Which is something Johnny spams in character. And if Cinder tries using her ice, she's getting destroyed here, as Johnny has Ice powers himself, and he's fought and defeated people with ice powers many times..
As brought up earlier Cinder has wind powers. Which was why annoying her was important. Pre the interview Cinder’s attack strategy became vastly worse when she got pissed. But now apparently she doesn’t have that weakness. So she’ll use the wind to counter Johnny’s (maybe, I don’t know if that would be an ap or lifting strength thing)

As brought up earlier Cinder has wind powers. Which was why annoying her was important. Pre the interview Cinder’s attack strategy became vastly worse when she got pissed. But now apparently she doesn’t have that weakness. So she’ll use the wind to counter Johnny’s (maybe, I don’t know if that would be an ap or lifting strength thing)
If that's an AP thing, then no way that's working.

Sorry for being gone for a bit. My friend came over then I went to bed. I don’t really know what would be the best scan for the wind manipulation. The best scan I can think of would be the biggest pain to get, so maybe just watching Penny vs the Ace Ops on YouTube would be the best example for now. I can link the video if you want, but it would take like 5 seconds for anyone to just look it up.

The range doesn't seem nearly as long as Johnny's, and Johnny's winds are over 2x more powerful, so Johnny could either overpower or avoid Cinder's Wind/Air Manipulation with little to no issue, unless I'm missing something here.

Amber’s affected a normal storm before. That was just to show how it works, for range it would absolutely be far enough to reach Johnny.

For overpowering her control of wind, it really depend on if that is a lifting strength or ap thing. Though I can think of many characters with low 7-B ap for making storms, but don’t have ridiculously high lifting strength as a result. So I’m leaning on it being an ap thing.

Amber’s affected a normal storm before. That was just to show how it works, for range it would absolutely be far enough to reach Johnny.
Then Johnny could just avoid it.

For overpowering her control of wind, it really depend on if that is a lifting strength or ap thing. Though I can think of many characters with low 7-B ap for making storms, but don’t have ridiculously high lifting strength as a result. So I’m leaning on it being an ap thing.
Then Johnny can just overpower it then.

Johnny has 2 ways of countering this.

“Then Johnny could just avoid it.”

I brought up the wind manipulation to mean that Cinder could control Johnny’s wind. Not to attack Johnny, attacking Johnny with her wind would be dumb.

However, that doesn’t matter anymore because I’m 99% sure wind manipulation an ap thing. So I’m leaning towards voting for Johnny again. Her wind manipulation won’t be strong enough to overpower his and her fire gets put out from the wind. The fire bombs can be dodged (I always hate to say an attack can just be dodged but her fire summon thing is practically a dark souls attack, huge charge up for a lot of damage).

Last edited:
“Then Johnny could just avoid it.”

I brought up the wind manipulation to mean that Cinder could control Johnny’s wind. Not to attack Johnny, attacking Johnny with her wind would be dumb.

However, that doesn’t matter anymore because I’m 99% sure wind manipulation an ap thing. So I’m leaning towards voting for Johnny again. Her wind manipulation won’t be strong enough to overpower his and her fire gets put out from the wind. The fire bombs can be dodged (I always hate to say an attack can just be dodged but her fire summon thing is practically a dark souls attack, huge charge up from a lot of damage).
1. Agreed with the point you made about Cinder controlling Johnny's wind.

2. Have you 100% confirmed your vote for Johnny?

Back