• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JJBA Discussion Thread

Pretty sure that's easily FTL+, probably MFTL - MFTL+ given the slowed down comparison

Just remembered we had another hiatus. Araki's becoming Miura this year.

The thing about the new Rock Humans is knowing how many of them are there, if Josuke is gonna have to solo all of them (because even if Jobin wanted to pretend he was an ally, he wouldn't be able to get out of the house without getting Ozone'd), if Karera will ever come back ever, and then the most important part is guessing all the references before they even show their faces.

Two weeks until we get a new chapter. Just a reminder that the firetrucks coming for Poor Tom are probably something created by the firetruck origami that Tsurugi had made.

Who knows, Doggystyle is weird like Stone Free where Araki forgets things like organs and blood exists but makes their bodies into strings anyway. Who needs cariodvascular systems when you got Snoop Dogg?

Not looking forward to the anime, the rushed staff change (again) makes me fearful. They also chose pretty trash designs for Fugo and Giorno IMO. At least Mista looked good. I never liked the anime past the Part 2 adaptation. I'd prefer the manga for 3 onward, hopefully they prove me wrong.

I think the Anime is better until part 4 actually. The added scenes and style are awesome in the adaptation. Part 4 is clunky but the added scenes especially the Kira one is great. But that's my opinion though.

Part 3 was milked for longer than it should've IMO.

Also Quality Queen exists, and with that original design, I fear they may do it again with some other Stand/Character.

One thing I will definitely compliment is bringing back that color AND detail. Looking at the first season and comparing it to the other two is like comparing an LGBT parade to goth week.

Parts 1 & 2: Hell yeah

Part 3: Oh

Part 4: Oh God

Part 5: G L I T T E R

The Part 5 PV got leaked, my thoughts:

1. Animation's fluid as ****, probably the most fluid yet

2. Giorno's still pink but GE is some weird mishmash of gold and white gold

3. Bruno's licking scene was heavily downgraded in exchange for looking fluid

4. The PV looks nice.

I'm more optimistic now but I can't say it's gonna be 1/2 tier. Some scenes were vastly improved, some were vastly downgraded, it's mishmah but overall it was enjoyable.

You can watch it here. No English subs, but if you read the manga you already know what they're saying.

After looking at the episode I'm actually more impressed than I was with the PV, a lot of the animation is fluid, not like the iffy uh, people looking stiffy uh stuff we've been dealing with since the start of the series. But this is the first episode to impress, so if the quality drops by like the fourth episode then it was bittersweet.

my only complaint is giorno having the psychic photo of dio instead of some random picture. i mean i get it was to match the art style as was jotaro's picture frame from part 3, but him having an exact photocopy of the one joseph took is pretty dumb.

Back