• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Digimon Discusion Thread ALL IN ONE Revisions Update

Executor_N0

VS Battles
Calculation Group
It has been years since anything was said in the previous discussion thread, so it's a good time for a revival so everyone can be updated regarding what happened in the last few years.
XF70EMP.png

Franchise-wide, since the last update, we have had the end of two anime (Digimon Adventure: and Digimon Ghost Game), the start of a new manga that is now becoming a webcomic (Digimon Dreamers), the start of a web novel (Digimon Seekers), various V-Pets releases, the end of Digimon ReArise, the release of Digimon Survive, and even a port of Digimon World Next Order for PC and Nintendo Switch.

We are still waiting for the next Digimon Adventure 02 movie, the start of the new manga made by a fan, and any future reveals for V-Pets and games. If we talk about non-Japanese materiall, there's also Digimon New Century that has started, a Chinese mobile game, and also various updates on Korean games like Digimon Masters (That will be remastered soon), Digimon RPG, and even new games being made.

In regards to what we are going to do here, the current blog posts are very outdated. We have planned a complete revision of the general Digimon understanding due to the changes in the tiering system, and although I started making a blog to explain that (in fact, I did that more than once), the huge amount of Digimon news has become overwhelming to just update the blogs since some changes to the very foundation of the series have been revealed. This isn't just for the new material like Digimon Survive; recently, a ton of Digimon guidebooks have been scanned, and that introduced a ton of new stuff.

The source for the image I used here, for example, says: Battles are performed by connecting Digimon machines together. When that happens, the Digimon will be transferred to a place called a Battlefield, where they will fight in an endlessly expanding space using hand-to-hand combat and special moves. When the battle ends, they will be returned to the main body, and if they are unlucky, they'll get injured.

This is something from the very first Bandai's Official Digimon Encyclopedia released for the first Digital Monster, and it's very interesting to argue about the general sizes of Digimon spaces.

There are also manuals, old live streams that have finally been translated, new interviews, the release of material like Digimon Survive, and even the 25th Anniversary Artbook. All of this changed a lot about how we understood the series and because of that, a complete overhaul is being planned. In order to make it work, I started releasing blog posts researching all the important available lore for each era of the series, and I just finished the review for Digital Monster Ver.1~5 (Started in 1997 and ended in 1998). After that I'll work on the review of Digimon Pendulum, Digimon Adventure, and so on until we finally reach the present with Digimon Seekers.

Since the last big revision, the tiering system changed a lot and some rulings are now more severe. That is why we want to give a complete understanding of the series so it can be in a solid place before even more changes start.

Something I’d like to bring up is digitamamon, I haven’t gotten to 02 yet but correct me if wrong digitamamon dosen’t exactly spawn with its own pocket dimension. Do wouldn’t that imply he made his own pocket dimension inside his shell?

Something I’d like to bring up is digitamamon, I haven’t gotten to 02 yet but correct me if wrong digitamamon dosen’t exactly spawn with its own pocket dimension. Do wouldn’t that imply he made his own pocket dimension inside his shell?
It's a part of the current revisions
There's a lot of evidence to show that basically every Digimon has some level of dimension creation or embodies dimensions of their own as their "inner worlds". Digitamamon's dimension is one of the many examples we are going to use

It's a part of the current revisions
There's a lot of evidence to show that basically every Digimon has some level of dimension creation or embodies dimensions of their own as their "inner worlds". Digitamamon's dimension is one of the many examples we are going to use
Interesting, can I see sone of the WIP stuff for that?

New blog updated, finished reviewing the content from the original Digimon Pendulum series with the available content. Can be updated as Kyamos scans more books, but I don't think there'll be more very important content for our revisions.

New blog updated, finished reviewing the content from the original Digimon Pendulum series with the available content. Can be updated as Kyamos scans more books, but I don't think there'll be more very important content for our revisions.
The series where islands are worlds

After the V-pet stuff, this is where we start to go more in-depth into what came with the anime, but first an introduction to the two major works that inspired the core concepts of the series. If you ever wondered why Adventure equated Digimon and Evolution with souls and a higher state of existence, it's all thanks to Ultraman Tiga and Serial Experiments Lain.

So all of them are moved to pages

Last edited:
Besides the prologue which has already been released, Digimon Liberator will start on April 25th. Some of the Liberator card arts have also been revealed.

Takutomon: Wrath Mode is a new Digimon mode revealed from Digimon New Century. Besides that, not much else going on. I wonder if there will be a new anime project by Toei, but that's all speculation.

Also, guess we gotta remember to upgrade Yggdrasil since someone made a thread on that. Although that's not the priority, given the priority is fixing the profiles, it's just a reminder.

About New Century, tfw we're getting so much information from it and yet we can't play it because it's China exclusive.

Thankfully fans are archiving entire events and quests in YouTube.

About New Century, tfw we're getting so much information from it and yet we can't play it because it's China exclusive.

Thankfully fans are archiving entire events and quests in YouTube.
We Digimon fans are truly eating nothing

And about archiving, it's really sad that events/details in Collectors are just gone (I played Heroes which I'm pretty sure is just the global version of Collectors or am I wrong about that?).

Bandai really just needs to create offline version of ReArise (I never got the chance to play it) and their other Digimon mobile games at this point.

And about archiving, it's really sad that events/details in Collectors are just gone (I played Heroes which I'm pretty sure is just the global version of Collectors or am I wrong about that?).
Heroes is global version of Crusaders. It's Aegiomon story. Collectors had similar card based gameplay iirc but that one is the story of Hackmon and Sistermons.

Heroes is global version of Crusaders. It's Aegiomon story. Collectors had similar card based gameplay iirc but that one is the story of Hackmon and Sistermons.
Ah ok, that makes sense. Thanks.

I miss Crusaders/Heroes so much. It was/is genuinely PEAK Digimon mobile gaming for me. The card thing mechanic was weird, but it was really fun. Although, I didn't finish Aegiomon's story, but I found it nice. As for the other Digimon mobile game I played, I didn't like Linkz that much. If I remember correctly, Linkz was way too grindy. ReArise was shut down way too early.

Btw sidenote: just lmk on Discord through dm (you know who I am) what specific profiles you need help on. Still somewhat new to vsbw and therefore still new to editing, but I do want to help yall on the profiles. Although, I won't be able to work on profiles for a while since I'm trying to graduate.

We Digimon fans are truly eating nothing

Bandai really just needs to create offline version of ReArise (I never got the chance to play it) and their other Digimon mobile games at this point.
We have enough of Collectors to at least know what happened and major plot beats, I actually just finished translating the events regarding Arkadimon's egg and Ogudomon. Before I also did the Bancho storyline for Collectors, all the major events and side story of Digimon Fortune (Major points for the Sistermon), and I also did the Battle Terminal stuff.

Funny enough, Heroes was full of unique events and lore that is quite impressive what they got, they even what might be Hikari's son from the 02 epilogue appearing during a quest. It's quite fun to look at.
VUnJ9O8.png

Wow. I really liked the story and art of Chapter 1 of Digimon Liberator. Surprised the art is good.

Unfortunately, because this is Bandai being Bandai as per usual, the format of reading the webcomic is not good and it loads slowly. This isn't even the first time of Bandai doing Bandai things when it comes to Digimon (T

Bandai ain't beating hating Digimon allegations

While I was writing this comment, 10 hours later, Bandai uploaded Ch 0 in another website.

Back