• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jean Pierre Polnareff VS. Weiss Schnee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a clip of these homing projectiles? Not all homing attacks are created equal.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo The attacks are intangible and go through enemies, SC cannot under any circumstance hit them
She doesnt need to get close, she can range spam and impale Pol if he tries to get close
Pol gets hit once, relises he can't reflect them, and dodges. Homing attacks don't automatically hit.

Pol just closes distance then. Weiss naturally gets close wither her attacks; the moment she gets within range she gets Stand Rushed, and I doubt she'd be able to get to a safe distance after that.

Dargoo Faust said:
The arguments for Weiss seemed really shallow.
Considering the argument for Pol is currently just 'he attacks', Weiss isnt the one with the shallow argument here

WeeklyBattles said:
@Xtasy Avdol's flames arent intangible
Normal fire is intangible. Avdol's fire is not intangible only when he doesn't want them to be, like during Red Bind. Otherwise, it behaves like normal fire.

Now yall got me pissed off

• First off, Theyre starting at a distance of several hundred meters, meaning Weiss has more than enough of a gap to range spam Pol before he even gets close enough to engage her directly. Pol will be spammed from a distance with jets of fire, shards of ice, or homing energy blasts that freeze on contact. Alternatively Weiss could ice the battlefield.
  • If Pol manages to get closer, Weiss can very easily throw up an anti-gravity field, encase him in ice from a distance, or trap him in restraining glyphs.
  • If he gets almost close enough to try to strike her, she can turn her immediate vicinity into large icicles that will impale him, use AoE freezing attacks like Frostbite or Nova to freeze him solid, or use glyphs to freeze him.
  • If after all that he still by some will of god manages to get within melee range, theyre equally skilled and experience in combat, but only Weiss has the ability to freeze people with her sword, increase the power of her strikes with dust, glyphs, and gravity manip, and increase her speed with time dilation.
  • To the argument of 'SC just protects Pol and attacks her', SC and Pol will get frozen solid the moment their blades clash due to Pierce and Perfect Form which freeze opponents she hits with her sword and freeze opponents she counters respectively.
  • Weiss has both Dust barriers and Glyph barriers she can use to protect herself, as well as gravity Glyphs she can use to reflect attacks used against her.
Polnareff isnt winning this

4km when both are MFTL or HHS is nothing. Havent read the rest yet, but range in threads like these is overstated tbh

WeeklyBattles said:
Pissed off because people disagree.

Anyway, I think it really comes down to who's speed amp is better and I really have no which is. If Pol's is only slightly better or is worse, Weiss wins. If his is a lot better, he wins. But I want to wait for the calc of afterimages to come it.

@Chartate No, pissed because people changed their votes at a drop of a hat when no new argument was provided

Pissed off because people disagree.

Anyway, I think it really comes down to who's speed amp is better and I really have no which is. If Pol's is only slightly better or is worse, Weiss wins. If his is a lot better, he wins. But I want to wait for the calc of afterimages to come it.

Afterimage calcs based on speed at MFTL is calc stacking

You can't reliably calc it

Someone brought up Stands are invisible

Everyone noticed she actually doesn't have a way to spot it

Thereby it's a lot harder for Weiss to deal with

WeeklyBattles said:
  • First off, Theyre starting at a distance of 4km, meaning Weiss has more than enough of a gap to range spam Pol before he even gets close enough to engage her directly. Pol will be spammed from a distance with jets of fire, shards of ice, or homing energy blasts that freeze on contact. Alternatively Weiss could ice the battlefield.
  • If Pol manages to get closer, Weiss can very easily throw up an anti-gravity field, encase him in ice from a distance, or trap him in restraining glyphs.
  • If he gets almost close enough to try to strike her, she can turn her immediate vicinity into large icicles that will impale him, use AoE freezing attacks like Frostbite or Nova to freeze him solid, or use glyphs to freeze him.
  • If after all that he still by some will of god manages to get within melee range, theyre equally skilled and experience in combat, but only Weiss has the ability to freeze people with her sword, increase the power of her strikes with dust, glyphs, and gravity manip, and increase her speed with time dilation.
  • To the argument of 'SC just protects Pol and attacks her', SC and Pol will get frozen solid the moment their blades clash due to Pierce and Perfect Form which freeze opponents she hits with her sword and freeze opponents she counters respectively.
  • Weiss has both Dust barriers and Glyph barriers she can use to protect herself, as well as gravity Glyphs she can use to reflect attacks used against her.
Polnareff isnt winning this
She's doing neither of these when she can't see what's attacking her. And Polnareff doesn't explain his attacks anymore after getting beaten by Avdol, which means she's not gaining any info from Polnareff about what's hitting her, making her mad. Which results in recklessness.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Chartate No, pissed because people changed their votes at a drop of a hat when no new argument was provided
Actually, there was a new argument, which was the possibility of speed amp gap being wider. And most people didn't change their vote, they just retracted them because they wanted to see if it went anywhere, which it wouldn't have otherwise due to grace having started. Is it really a bad thing that people want to hear more arguments? To me it seems like you're upset because Weiss doesn't win without all arguments being kade for her opponen.

Someone needs to lower and specify a fair range. With both at 4km, Polnareff won't even get close before being rekt by aoe attacks, which would make it a stomp for Weiss.

Xtasyamphetamine said:
Does she remain calm and not annoyed when she's being poked many times by something she can't see?
Yes, she was trained to remain calm and collected in combat at all times, Yang is the one who gets pissed and reckless

Xtasyamphetamine said:
Does she remain calm and not annoyed when she's being poked many times by something she can't see?
Not when the battle is ending super fast regardless of who wins. If she was getting poked over a long period of time, maybe

@Chartate The speed amp and invisibility were both brought up very early in the thread and acknowledged, there are no new arguments being brought up here

TacticalNuke002 said:
Someone needs to lower and specify a fair range. With both at 4km, Polnareff won't even get close before being rekt by aoe attacks, which would make it a stomp for Weiss.
Range is Weiss's max, while is hundreds of meters.

TacticalNuke002 said:
Weekly said it was 4KM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back