• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jean Pierre Polnareff VS. Weiss Schnee

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really have to repeat this again.

Weiss sees an angry french dude, to Weiss he looks like some fodder that she just has to stab. She approaches Polnareff to stab him and gets stand rushed by an invisible Silver Chariot. Has she analyzed people before fighting? Even if she does, there's no telling that she's going to get attacked by Silver Chariot.

Weiss closes distance to attack Grimm with her sword all the time, heck even against other hunstmen in training.

What about an unarmed, handsome French dude with a weird haircut would make her go into hyper-defense mode and stay at a range?

@Dargoo The fact that she's never bothered to try to close a gap that massive and has consistently used ranged attacks when the gap between her and her opponent is this large

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo The fact that she's never bothered to try to close a gap that massive and has consistently used ranged attacks when the gap between her and her opponent is this large
Her go-to even at a large range isn't just to snipe, though. She typically closes in to deal with enemies.

And she wouldn't see any reason not to close in and attack someone who isn't even armed.

And even then Pol would be closing distance within a couple of seconds regardless of who the speed is equalized to.

People are ignoring that SC is invisible, and they're saying that Weiss would throw out all of her attacks on a single unarmed person.

Why would she speed amp? Is Polnareff faster than her in combat? No. Silver Chariot is, and she cannot see it, hence she has no reason to amp herself.

Why would she freeze Polnareff? Why would she use her intangible homing attacks? Is Polnareff trying to kill her at first glance? No. Silver Chariot is, and again, she can't see it.

The reasonings for Weiss were pretty bad, you don't expect Weiss to go all out on someone who looks like this:

Jean Pierre Render
absolutely and utterly unarmed 1000%

@Xtasy By your logic why would polnareff do all those things against a weak looking little girl in a dress?

WeeklyBattles said:
@Xtasy By your logic why would polnareff do all those things against a little girl in a dress?
State of mind: In character, but willing to kill.

Both would see the other as the enemy. Weiss is armed and sending projectiles at Pol, and Weiss can't see what Pol is even doing and close distance to attack.

Now to answer your questions:

1. In this battle yes, polnareff, weiss, and sc all have equal combat speed, so she would have ample reason to amp herself.

2. She would freeze hin because its in character for her to do so.

3. It doesnt matter that sc is invisible, if he hits weiss the most likely thing shed thing is its a telekinesis semblance wgich would lead her to be defensive with barriers and walls

WeeklyBattles said:
@Xtasy By your logic why would polnareff do all those things against a weak looking little girl in a dress?
No. They are both willing to kill, it's just that Polnareff sees an armed girl with a revolver rapier and Weiss sees a man with no weapons. There's a difference.

And the things I have said are not what Polnareff will do to Weiss, it's the other way around.

WeeklyBattles said:
Because a freaking baby almost killed the gang, so he has zero reason to hold back. Also, she's armed.

Why? Weiss is not doing any of those to an unarmed person. Read what other people have to say, see what makes more sense and come up with a reason of your own if you can.

Technically, its the OP's job but eh?

Pol: 3 (Me, Xtasyamphetamine, RebubleUselet)

Weiss: 5 (DMUA, Paulo.Junior.969, Schnee One, Chartate101, Mr. Common Sense)

Incon: 1 (DALOKA)

Surprisingly, a lot of people haven't actually voted. The OP was counting supportive statements as votes. The thread is long and I'm on mobile, so I may have missed something yet.

Yeah tbh, Polnareff is making the most sense to me.

Plus Stands and stuff are just going to be tricky for Weiss. Voting Polnareff

Pol: 4 (Me, Xtasyamphetamine, RebubleUselet, Jinx)

Weiss: 5 (DMUA, Paulo.Junior.969, Schnee One, Chartate101, Mr. Common Sense)

Wait, I voted for Pol.

Pol: 5 (Tactical, Xtasyamphetamine, RebubleUselet, Jinx, Dargoo)

Weiss: 5 (DMUA, Paulo.Junior.969, Schnee One, Mr. Common Sense, Weekly)

(EDIT): Weekly, edit my comment one more time and I'm reporting.

Pretty sure I was aiming for Pol via invisible stick poking, better speed amping and other such stuff.

Pol doesnt have a better speed amp, weiss does

Ive explained dozens of times why SC being invisible doesnt help Pol in any way here

Weekly, quit editing my comment. I posted that Chartate recinded their vote and you put it back.

Pol: 7 (Tactical, Xtasyamphetamine, RebubleUselet, Jinx, Dargoo, Demise, DMUA)

Weiss: 4 (Paulo.Junior.969, Schnee One, Mr. Common Sense, Weekly)

Grace begins.

And once again people have changed their votes for no reason with no new arguments presented

Then again this is RWBY so why should i expect unbiased opinions towards it?

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo The count the votes accurately
"Gonna retract my vote until something comes of the afterimage thing, but I'm still leaning toward Weiss"

Screw it. I asked you to stop editing my comment and you kept on doing it. Reporting this on Violations.

@Dargoo He literally said in his comment he was leaning towards Weiss what are you talking about?

Go ahead, im used to being reported for no reason at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back