• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Polnareff vs Chariot Requiem

Added something to the OP that I forgot to put before.

If Pol can take away the arrow, Requiem will revert back. Frankly, having SC is a disadvantage in this fight. If you could just attack it so much it can't regenerate, then Bucciarati probably would have done that.

However, I could see Pol figuring out that he needs to destroy the light behind him. He had to figure out the gimmicks of several Stand Users in Part 3. Not to mention, Pol really wouldn't go out of his way to go for the arrow. He'd probably think that's just the stand's weapon.

Requiem's main wincon is that Pol cuts of Requiem's arm and then tries to pick up the arrow out of curiosity, and then SC kills him before he can react. This is very unlikely to happen, due to Pol's durability. Meanwhile, Pol's wincon is figuring out the shadow gimmick. While it would take longer for him to figure out than Diavolo, he probably could figure it out.

My vote goes to Pol.

You're ignoring the simple fact that Polnareff didn't realize the weakness of Chariot Requiem even in canon, even despite seeing it twice. Part 3 Polnareff isn't going to figure out that he needs to destroy the light behind him any time soon, and the match is on a timer because of Requiem's ability to turn people into... monsters?

I see much more likely for Pol to attack Chariot Requiem just for the latter to just control Silver Chariot and make it attack Pol. Polnareff has no way to realize in time what he needs to attack the "light" behind him, cannot just attack Chariot Requiem hoping to kill him due to regen and him trying to touch and/or take the arrow means he dies.

My vote goes to the amped version assuming it's not a stomp.

This is after Chariot Requiem does that. As in he hasn't done it to Pol.

Chariot Requiem dosn't make people's stands attack them if they attack it, only if they try to take the arrow.

To be fair, Pol was a turtle at the time and generally had bigger things to worry about then Requiem's shadow.

I've just interpreted it as Pol just switching body with an another person or something, as it doesn't change much except taking away a power from Chariot Requiem. I guess we need to wait for Efi to clarify.

Yes. You're saying it as if Pol wouldn't resort to try and take the arrow after seeing Chariot putting its attention to protect it.

There's also the first time it happened in a village, where Pol still retained his body.

TriforcePower1 said:
I've just interpreted it as Pol just switching body with an another person or something, as it doesn't change much except taking away a power from Chariot Requiem. I guess we need to wait for Efi to clarify.
"Battle takes place after Chariot Requiem made his soul switching thing" means Pol is still in his own body, yes.

@Schnee

M8.

Chariot Requiem is not > Silver Chariot. Comparing Chatiot Requeim to Silver Chariot is like comparing a snickers bar to a banana. This isn't like a comparison between Gold Experience and GER. It's more like a comparison between Whitesnake, C-Moon and Made In Heaven. There are several arguements that one is better then the others and both are pratically completely different despite technically being the same stand.

@Triforce

What Efi said. Also, I think Pol is immune to Chariot Requiem's effects or at least can take heavy advantage of them, though this might not apply if he's not the user.

I mean if his stand just started attacking him when he tried to pick it up he'd assume it's some kind of Anubis type of thing. And if Pol stabs his Chariot with the arrow then we have two Chariot Requiems killing each other over the arrow. If the origional Chariot Requiem wins, then Pol can take the arrow scott-free. If Pol's Chariot Requiem wins, then he can take the arrow back scott-free AND he gets to keep his stand.

That lasted like a second before Pol took the arrow back. He had no time to even see the shadow.

The Smashor said:
Also, I think Pol is immune to Chariot Requiem's effects or at least can take heavy advantage of them, though this might not apply if he's not the user.
That first part just comes out of nowhere.

Also no, Stands Arrows seem to give Stands evolutions based on the user's specific needs at the moment, so while Pol may get a Stand that looks the same, is named the same and even has similar powers, you never know what differences it may have.

When he stabbed Chariot for the first time he didn't get his soul swapped, even after everyone else had.

The Stand Arrow giving stands based on the users needs is mearly a theory. Anyways, even if this wasn't the case, then Pol would get an Anti-Chariot Requeim version of Chariot Requiem.

You do know he's a turtle now no?

• Pol: A Stand born from his desire to protect the arrow.
  • Kira: A Stand born of his desire to protect his identity.
  • Giorno: The most specific thing in the world to counter Diavolo's time erase, find the truth over the results and "go back in time" over "skip it".
To say that he would just get the same would be inaccurate, I also said "seem to" so what gives?

The Stand Arrow giving stands based on the users needs is mearly a theory. Anyways, even if this wasn't the case, then Pol would get an Anti-Chariot Requeim version of Chariot Requiem.

Seem to dosn't matter, as you were using it as fact in the context of debate.

Chariot Requeim had the same power both times Pol got it.

Bites the Dust is not a Requiem stand, most likely. It's shown that if a Requiem Stand loses the arrow it reverts to it's normal form with Chariot. We never see if GER reverts back, but most alternative canons (Like Eyes of Heaven) show that it does. The only canon that contradicts this is JORGE JOESTAR. You know, Jorge effing Joestar. Meanwhile, Kira can still use Bites the Dust without the arrow in his arm. Combine this with Killer Queen not looking any different, the arrow not being the beatle arrow and the arrow piercing him and not Killer Queen, and it seems pretty clear that Bite The Dust is something other then a Requiem stand.

No I wasn't, "seem" doesn't indicate facts. What I said is that one doesn't know what differences an evolved Stand may have.

"Chariot Requeim had the same power both times Pol got it."

Did you even read what I said? "while Pol may get a Stand that looks the same, is named the same and even has similar powers, you never know what differences it may have". You can't even call that Chariot Requeim.

There is no such thing as a Requiem stand, the "Requiem Arrow" is even a fanmade name for the Stand Arrow in Part 5. No sh*t Kira didn't got a "Requiem stand". Chariot Requeim lost the arrow many times and that made up rule didn't happened. I don't care about all the non-canon stuff.

You were using requiem stands changing based on situation as a reason that Pol dosn't win.

M8. There's no proof that Chariot is different in the farm and in Rome. The burden of proof is on you.

I never called it the Requiem Arrow. The arrow in Part 5 is clearly different then the arrow in the other parts, just based on it's design alone. It has a beatle (Which is why I called it the Beatle Arrow) while every other arrow has a generic arrowhead.

You used Bites the Dust as an example as to why your, or more so Xforts', theory was correct.

This isn't a made up rule. Pol took the arrow away from Chariot Requeim on the farm and then it turned back into normal Silver Chariot. I'm fairly sure this isn't anime exclusive scene, either, as it's the only way for Pol to know how the arrow works.

You assume too much, I didn't even give a reason for Pol to not win, I was just clarifying.

You are the one saying it's the same then we don't know it, the burden of proof is on you. What's more, many things said about Chariot Requiem point to the idea of it having a lot to do with the situation Pol had at the time.

This is a made up rule, Chariot Requiem was still itself and not SC when not having the arrow, even when destroyed by KC.

I see.

No, the burden of proof is on you. As far as we can see, Chariot Requiem on the farm and Chariot Requiem in rome are the EXACT SAME. You need to prove that their different, as nothing implies that they are.

Araki forgot, I guess. They mentioned Chariot Requiem losing the arrow before fighting it, too, but mentioned that Chariot would just be dead.

Only on the surface they are the same, which is not enough. Nevermind the fact that Pol was not affected by its ability, removing the arrow turns the Stand back to normal and it just kinda stays still.

In what way?

You said only on the surface they are the same. On the farm, we don't see past the surface with Chariot Requeim.

Back