• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jean Pierre Polnareff VS. Weiss Schnee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pol speed boost should be waay above x3 based on the pseudo clones. He's at least two times faster than Weiss with armor off imo.

TacticalNuke002 said:
How fast do you have to be in order that multiple characters with MFTL reflexes start seeing afterimages to the point where it appears that there are 7 Stands rather than just 1 that moves very fast?

Actually you could probably figure something out with like average time it takes for the brain to register movement or something, but don't ask me how beyond some rudimentary directions.

Are you saying that his speed amp doesn't make him faster than Weiss? He's already MFTL at base, once he takes the armor off he's way much faster to the point Weiss won't know what just happened to her.

Yes his speed amp doesnt make him faster than weiss as speed is equalized and Weiss gets an actual multiplier whereas Pol just gets faster to an unknown amount. You need an actual number to argue he gets faster than Weiss

I'm gonna look into seeing if there's any way to find what type of multiplier a base human would need to be able to move faster than another base human's sight can accurately process them, that may be applicable to afterimage type stuff.

Xtasyamphetamine said:
Are you saying that his speed amp doesn't make him faster than Weiss? He's already MFTL at base, once he takes the armor off he's way much faster to the point Weiss won't know what just happened to her.
Please stop trying to sway opinions based on an argument that relies on unequalized speed

As of now, I'll vote Weiss, but if I find something for that that may mean that some threads need to be reassessed.

You don't need to quantify a speed boost's exact number; you just need to look at the results.

For example, releasing SC's armor allowed Pol to outspeed Avdol to the point where Avdol had trouble landing a single hit on him.

Since Weiss has his speed at the start of the match, that kind of speed boost would give him a win.

Weiss can't even see SC, so I'm not entirely sure how she's winning this, but if the majority wants to bandwagon on her, I'm not going to stand in the way. She's beating an invisible stand that can amp its speed and rapidly attack her how?

WeeklyBattles said:
Yes his speed amp doesnt make him faster than weiss as speed is equalized and Weiss gets an actual multiplier whereas Pol just gets faster to an unknown amount. You need an actual number to argue he gets faster than Weiss
He blitzes SP in speed to the point where he can't keep up and eventually gets stabbed.

Also speed equalized doesn't mean you can't speed boost to being MFTL, oh my god.

Oh yeah, she doesn't actually have a visual on it

Yeah, then Chariot should be fine wacking her over and over till her aura breaks.

You don't even have to be faster to have someone not hit you, just better at fighting or more nimble lol. Forgot about the invis though, guess I'll go back to voting for neither.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo You dont even need to be 2x faster to be fast enough to not have someone hit you
Okay, let me put it more simply.

Pol releasing his armor makes hitting SC by other characters with similar speed borderline impossible.

Weiss has similar speed in this match due to equalization.

So, Weiss is trying to hit an invisible ghost that can rapidly attack her, hit projectiles out of the air, and even the amp its speed.

Right. That 1.5x AP advantage is really something.

@DargooPol releazing his armor also makes him less durable, doesnt make him faster than Weiss with her speed amp, and Weiss has projectiles that go through opponents meaning Pol cant hit them out of the air

Reasoning for Weiss:

Speed amp that makes her High Hypersonic<Speed amp that makes SC faster than a MFTL stand

Can freeze Polnareff, but not Silver Chariot which she can't see.

Doesn't Weiss need to stay in a bubble of her own time warping for it to happen?

"During a match where speed is equalized, speed amplification techniques are allowed, unless they lead to a victory via Speed Blitz in favor of the slower character." - Versus Thread Rules

I'll have to get someone to do a calc on the speed amping required to make it seem like there's more than 1 of the character for characters with a certain level of reaction speed.

WeeklyBattles said:
@DargooPol releazing his armor also makes him less durable, doesnt make him faster than Weiss with her speed amp, and Weiss has projectiles that go through opponents meaning Pol cant hit them out of the air
You know Silver Chariot can carry Pol around to help him dodge attacks right?

You still know Weiss is trying to attack something she can't see?

The only way Weiss wins this is through sheer luck.

Xtasyamphetamine said:
Reasoning for Weiss:
Speed amp that makes her High Hypersonic<Speed amp that makes SC faster than a MFTL stand

Can freeze Polnareff, but not Silver Chariot which she can't see.
Dying-laughing-gif-10

@Dargoo You know Weiss has homing attacks that Pol and SC cant hit right?

You know if Pol tries to get close he gets frozen or impaled by like 7 different attacks right?

The only way Pol wins is thorugh luck

Homing attacks don't tend to be absolutely undodgable, just harder. Got a clip of the?

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo You know Weiss has homing attacks that Pol and SC cant hit right?
You know if Pol tries to get close he gets frozen or impaled by like 7 different attacks right?

The only way Pol wins is thorugh luck
Silver Chariot hits it out of the air, or whirls around the attack around its blade like it did with Avdol's flames if it's fire-based, and makes Pol's attacks even more powerful.

Weiss isn't getting close if she gets skewered dozens of times by an invisible ghost every time she tries to get through.

Copying my wording doesn't make your argument any better, but imitation is the best form of flattery, as they say.

@Dargoo The attacks are intangible and go through enemies, SC cannot under any circumstance hit them

She doesnt need to get close, she can range spam and impale Pol if he tries to get close

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back