• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jean Pierre Polnareff VS. Weiss Schnee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone give me a clip of the homing/intangible projectiles?

Not that it really matters, Pol could swipe around intangible/invisible flames without much issue, and actually enhanced his attacks with it.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo You do know Grimm Eclipse is 100% canon right...?
Ninjaed the edit I made to my comment.

So, I'm not really seeing the intangibility there.

Or the homing attack.

Or the projectile.

Homing comes from Weiss steering her projectiles into the Knights limbs in the trailer and to the Nevermore in chapter 8

Schnee One said:
Homing comes from Weiss steering her projectiles into the Knights limbs in the trailer and to the Nevermore in chapter 8
That's... not a homing attack.

A homing attack automatically targets an enemy. If Weiss is moving the projectiles herself, then she can just control their trajectory and it's not a true homing attack.

Also that means Pol can dodge them just fine. He's fought people who can control how their projectile moves.

Xtasyamphetamine said:
Is there proof that Weiss can affect intangible beings? Having intangible attacks is not enough.
To be entirely fair, I don't think stands are auto intangible; that's something they have to activate and I don't remember Pol doing that in character.

That said I'm waiting for evidence of intagible homing attacks and so far I've gotten nothing.

DMUA said:
I mean to be fair Pol almost got shot by that guy
Yes, during the fight, when he had no clue what Hol's Stand could do and was still figuring out a counterattack.

I'm just saying Polnareff has experience against those sort of attacks, and if he's able to see it coming, he can dodge them just fine as long as Weiss isn't on AI levels of tracking.

Even then he can just swipe them out of the air, as so far I see no evidence of intangible projectiles.

@Xtasy Speed is equalized my dude

also the projectiles in the video i showed you ARE the 'slow' projectiles

And? Doesn't mean you can't dodge or react to it. It's in character for Polnareff to swipe against attacks. That's like saying his stand won't protect him.

WeeklyBattles said:
and travels really slowly. Phases through the environment, including boxes.
Doesn't seem to phase through enemies, eh?

Also Pol should dodge that easy with speed amps.

Xtasyamphetamine said:
The projectile is slow, Polnareff sees it coming easily. Next.
I have a feeling you don't what "speed equal" means when you have disregarded it multiple times in one thread...

It doesn't phase through enemies, though.

Silver Chariot should deflect it just fine.

Weiss gets her ranged attacks dodged or deflected, Pol closes distance, and she gets skewered by something she can't see over and over again until her aura shatters and she dies.

SBA means that she's in character and willing to kill. All she sees is Polnareff, so he walks/runs up to Polnareff to stab him in close range, since she's not using ice powers against someone who is completely unarmed at first glance, but nevertheless she is killing him. Silver Chariot proceeds to stand rush her once she approaches him.

Voting Polnareff.

Because she's not using it on someone who doesn't look like she's going to kill him. She sees a frenchman with a weird haircut and Weiss plans to kill him. She sees no weapons on Polnareff and stabs him, but SC protects him and rushes Weiss. She has never used projectiles on people who are unarmed.

She also would never kill anyone in canon either, your poing?

She's smart, and would go for whatever option puts her at the least amount of risk.

Chartate101 said:
Why would she run up to him when she has projectiles?
Her projectiles aren't doing jack to a stand that can deflect them, amp speed and dodge them, and assist Pol and dodging them.

Plus Weiss doesn't know Pol has an invisible sword ghost at the start of the match, and she typically closes distance and engages in a melee fight. Once she gets in range of SC, she's skewered and has no chance to properly counterattack.

Chartate101 said:
Why would a trained fighter put herself at risk?
Most trained fighters don't exactly take a sword-wielding invisible ghost as a standard combat situation and act like it, but that's just me.

Pol would just look like an angry unarmed dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back