• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jean Pierre Polnareff VS. Weiss Schnee

Status
Not open for further replies.
WeeklyBattles said:
Really...? Youre really going to complain about me agreeing with other people?
You can agree with people without kudoing it

Anyways, likewise to Polnareff's GG move, I don't remember Weiss ever really going "Flash Freeze gg" all Alicization style.

@DMUA Then youre misremembering a lot seeing as she has 7 different techniques that freeze the opponent solid

DMUA said:
Bad animation and coreography is not a good argument
bad animation? no not that, though it is.

fight choreography and the poor writing ability of RWBY in general aside, the way she fought is atrocious and canon. you're saying "well you using evidence of her actions for your points is not good evidence"? are we playing fourth dimensional mindgames here?

Just because RWBY is garbage, that doesn't mean the character is canonically bad at fighting tho; does the lore say anything about her skills?

Tournament never flashfroze and good gamed, if she did freeze, it wasn't immediately as the fight started

she didn't instafreeze the robot

she didn't instafreeze that one demonstration Grimm she was put up against, though she did eventually

she didn't... ugh.... yeah that's all I can think of

Freezing is definetly an option but it's not "Flash Freeze gg"

Then again, Polnareff's sharp object won't do that much against a forcefield. It's a bit of an uphill battle for him, may have to side with Weiss.

We don't need the lore to tell us she sucks when we see her suck onscreen.

granted she has had better fights somewhere ago, but most importantly this was her most recent fight and the best thing we have to go on for her currently. which is sad. sadface.

@Kuu Youre using a post-timeskip fight and ignoring all of her pre-timeskip fights in a match using her pre-timeskip form? Really?

@Paulo Lore says she is among the most skilled fighters in Beacon Academy, having trained since she was a child the moment she realized she could fight because that is what was expected of her as the heiress of the Schnee Dust company, mastering one of the most if not the most complex weapon in the series to date to boot

TacticalNuke002 said:
Polnareff never fought anyone he wasn't able to damage. So if he realises that, he could go Sanic.
He should still be fine damaging her, it's just it's not going to do all that much damage.

Something like her deciding to just charge an attack in front of everyone is definitely a knock on her record. It's not like a video game or something where enemies need to leave openings to be possible to enough people, that's an issue for her if she does shit like that.

Except she's never done that, that's pre-timeskip Yang's thing not Weiss'

Weiss doesnt even have an ability she needs to charge pre-timeskip, she doesnt have summoning, so using a summoning scene for pre-timeskip is pointless

I'll concede then. All of y'all are 'Weiss'er than I am. Weiss FRA then.

Tempted to put Anubis possessed Polnareff against her, but I won't.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Great, so she's canonically skilled; any fight she sucks in is just RWBY being RWBY.
that's not how it works but hey whatever works for you man. show>tell. show shows us she sucks. she sucks. suckie pill to swallow but hey.

I mean

That's the Post Timeskip where the animation budget got slapped upside the head

Pretimeskip is actually a o good, if you want to go for Show over tell

I mean, the animation budget isn't a excuse for her to fight like it's her first fight. Just sounds like a excuse.

I gave up watching RWBY after five to ten minutes at most because the animetion is so bad that it physically hurts me to look at it, so I don't think I can add anything to this conversation; I can say "Weiss FRA" tho.

In all fairness, that Weiss be vernal fight isn't looking great for her. I can excuse the summoning because of her wall (even though vernal can just... Walk around it) but staying at range when your opponent has ranged weapons and not using your own? Catching your opponent with a weird circle thing rather than positioning the sword for impalement? The end of the attack, where she used something with high startup with no cover? Not using her environment at all? Not trying to directly freeze the opponent?

I get that some things aren't gonna be shown due to practical limitations, but that was a lot of issues and I could probably list some more (not using your mobility to control the encounter to a range favorable to you). That's definitely points against her.

@Wok RWBY characters cant impale each other until late in the fight, that and the gap in their power was so blatantly obvious that Weiss was essentially just buying time and playing keepaway at that point

Also Weiss has kept at a range and spammed ranged attacks before, as well as abused the environment and directly frozen enemies

The Vernal fight is basically a massive combat outlier for Weiss due to how badly Vernal decimated her an the fact that she knew Vernal was immensely stronger so she just tried to keep her at bay for as long as possible

Paulo.junior.969 said:
I gave up watching RWBY after five to ten minutes at most because the animation is so bad that it physically hurts me to look at it
That's only the first episode, which does legit hurt your eyes

second through the rest are fine though

It'd still hurt to go for an otherwise impaling there. Lances seriously injured knights in plate all the time, even if they didn't penetrate.

If she's stalling, why not freeze more area, freeze her, take down the building, etc. Weiss made mistakes and they count against her. Not sure who I'm voting considering that pol's sword not behaving like a sword due to aura is an issue.

Because her ice isnt powerful enough to freeze Vernal, she's only High 8-C with ice vs Vernal's 8-B AP, plus Vernal blatantly shredded Weiss' ice like it was nothing during their fight so trying to freeze her or freeze the area is pointless

Ice doesn't really work that way but whatever. Why not just bring down the building on top of Vernal them, or more actively focus on dodging/ running away rather than trying to do both.

They were fighting in a Huntsman academy which housed a Relic, one of the most powerful objects in the world, the last thing any of them wanted to do was take the building down

Then do something to get out of the fight, grab the relic, and escape using your superior mobility. The point is, Weiss's fighting has exploitable flaws, and you can't just deny that with "training for a while".

@Wok They couldnt just grab the relic, its hundreds of meters underground and the vault that holds it can only be opened by the Spring Maiden, which is why Cinder and Raven were fighting in the first place.

The 'flaws' youre pointing out arent flaws when given actual context to the situation. Everything that was done in that scene was done for a reason. Weiss knew Vernal was way stronger than her so she had to resort to keeping Vernal off balance and playing keepaway in order to stay alive

This isn't derail, Weiss's skill is relevant to the fight

Using a charged attack with no cover whatsoever is pretty had regardless of context, and depending on what happened up to then even getting yourself into w fight with someone that much stronger wouldn't seem great. At the very least, you'd think she'd try more defensively, whether it's using cover or using her magic circles for things other than stairs or focusing more on kiting or anything like that, Weiss has issues that are able to be exploited in her fighting style. Also she seems to leave openings pretty generous to a rspier.

I gotta go to sleep, so no more from me rn.

She didnt actively choose to a fight with vernal, Raven told Vernal to kill Weiss and Vernal did as she was ordered to do

All of Weiss' defenses are less durable that the ice and the Arma Gigas that Vernal oneshot, the second she saw Vernal do that she knew trying to block her attacks would be a death sentence

Polnareff developed his Stand at a very young age and trained hard ever since in order to take revenge on his sister's killer, so he has around 15 years of combat experience and his swordplay has few exploitable weaknesses. He is also a combat genius, being able to defeat dura ignoring enemies like Chaka and Vanilla Ice. Weiss' skill notwithstanding, Pol is extremely skilled and intelligent himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back