• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
He can win, he just has to actually get to Polnareff and land a killing blow, I just don't see him doing it against a character that outranges him, can't be smelled, can't be seen, can't touched or harm, can phase through every one of his attacks and attempts to conter, deflect and block on top of an extreme high probability of leading with shedding his armor like he did against Hol and Pol himself tending to try and kill his opponents right away unlike like Kak or Jotaro who try and incap first thus rending Tanjiro's overtime amps moot. Plus Pol can deal with fear aura, he'd still be effected but he can deal with it none the less to the point it won't prevent him from fighting.

Well I'm not going to say if it's a stomp or not, that's for someone else to decide. I'm just saying who I think who would win.

To be perfectly honest, i think this is a stomp too. Tanjirou cant get past Silver Chariot at all, all of Tanjis advantages are negged thanks to stand shenanigens.

5 for Pol, though this may be a stomp, as from what I can see, all of Tanjiro's possible moves get countered

Not a manga reader for Jojo, but can you cite where stands are stated to be a manifestation of the soul? I looked into it and these seems to be the most explicit description:

If they are a manifestation of life energy or fighting spirit as stated, then Tanjiro can easily sense them and even see them with the See-Through World, as they are analogous to KnY's "Battle Spirit".

Stand life energy Stand fighting spirit C0d

Part 5 and Part 6 and the extra of part 7.

Chariot Requiem can control Stands because it can control souls and Stands are the soul. Whitesnake can turn souls into discs, th soul is made up of two things, the mind (The memory disc) and the soul disc (Which becomes a Stand Disc when used on Stand Users). Also shit like Black Sabbath having the power to drag souls out for through one's shadow, when used against a Stand User, he drags the Stand out because the Stand is the soul. Among other things (Also the Part 7 extra saying Stands are invisible spirit energy).

Also Vanilla Ice vs Iggy. The narrator's exact line is something like Vanilla Ice said Iggy had no soul, but how can that be? When the Stand is the manifestation of the soul itself!.

Life Energy is something different, life energy is what GE uses and the shit that exploded out of Esidisi, Hamon is a closer type of energy to life energy than Stands are.

tldr Stands got retconned near the end of part 3, they're just straight up the User's soul now and have been since like early 90s. Hell initially Stands were supposed to be an evolved form of Hamon, which actually is analougous to life energy to an extent. Tanjirou could maybe sense a Stnd like Hermit Purple I guess? Given it's Hamon Based, or he could sense Gold Experience via sensing it's powers (which use life energy).

Alright, with this in mind, I suppose Tanjiro could in theory locate Silver Chariot. I guess we can continue this one

Taking it out of context. Stone Free is a semi-bound Stand. Jolyne herself is composed of strings and can unravel herself into strings, normal peiple can see and interact with those types of strings but not Stone Free's strings.

The infographic isnt talking about Stone Free but Jolyne's strings in this instance, you can even see her doing it to her own leg in that very infographic (Coincidentally, or not, right next to the text that says it smells like soap).. (This is also what allows Jolyne to touch Stands herself, as her body has Stand energy, like Diego does).

Edit: Should mention that the lower text is about Jolyne and top about Stone Free. The making strings into disguises is about Jolyne, and so is the unraveling to her heart part. As well as the weight and risk factor. Everything above the can sew wounds shut is about Stone Free itself. The infographic also shows the text in the appropriate location, example, Stone Free can make a net, so under the text Stone Free is making a net. Stone Free can punch hard, so it has it's fist tightly packed, Jolyne can unravel herself and it smells like soap, so the text is next to and on top of Jolyne unraveling herself. In case it wasn't obvious.

Even ignoring the fact it's talking about Jolyne's strings, not the Stand's.

>so tanjiro can smell the stand because stands do have smells stone free has been stated to smell like soap on one of the manga pages

Why would one assume that because a Stand has a smell, suddenly every Stand has a smell, even though it having a smell is important and unique enough to list in a infographic. The first assumption would be it's a unique property to Stone Free, opposed to every Stand in existence, luckily that isnt the case and it's talking about Jolyne but still. I'd also like to point out there's a Part 8 Stand, who's power is smelling things and making visual construct of the scents, it's also automatic. And he sure as hell aint ever used it to hunt a Stand down.

There does exist a Stand that does smell though, but that one actually is a unique case and is part of it's whole sctick of being gross but it's a physical Stand like Chariot Requiem, it can be seen or felt by anyone.

>Uh, no

Speed unequal he probably does, he's been shown to be able to slice a target up to literal tiny invisible pieces so Regen isn't a issue. It's just the AP gap that is, but idk, Chariot does have a bit of Regen negation via phasing.

The top tiers are 8-B+, god tiers are 8-A mostly with completely instant High-Mid regen, Pol ain't bypassing anything.

>Pol ain't bypassing anything.

>he's been shown to be able to slice a target up to literal tiny invisible pieces

Pretty sure that covers high-mid if there isn't any visible matter.

I already said AP is probably a issue so not relevant. ╠Âa╠Âl╠Ât╠Âh╠Âo╠Âu╠Âg╠Âh╠ ╠ÂI╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âi╠Ân╠Âk╠ ╠Âp╠Âo╠Âl╠ ╠Âs╠Âh╠Âo╠Âu╠Âl╠Âd╠ ╠Âb╠Âe╠ ╠Âa╠Ât╠ ╠Âl╠Âe╠Âa╠Âs╠Ât╠ ╠Â8╠Â-╠ÂB╠ ╠Âa╠Ân╠Ây╠Âw╠Âa╠Ây╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âo╠ "Instant" Regen is useless in a hypothetical speed unequal, it's not that fast to where it can overcome MFTL slashes.

Back