• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

J.M DeMatteis' Multiverse Inclusion (Phase 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accepted so far (To be edited as time goes on):

• Proof the Author intended for his Multiverse to go a differing direction than the whole of creation.
  • the feat performed by a facet of DeMatteis' verion of the Nexus of All Realities was considered to be "1-A" , as well as agreement that The Creator is "1-A" (Sandman)
Hello everyone. Due to the alarming and unexpected support of the previous thread involving the additions to this profile either under the key 'DaMatteis Multiverse' or with a completely different profile (which the latter I prefer) ... I shall be continuing with phase 2 of this idea. The next phase involves make a 'mock profile' with the supposed changes... And seeing if there is any feedback needed or additional abilities to be added. If it's good as is, and everyone is okay... I shall be making the additions myself.

Here is a mock profile for Franklin Richards with the suggested changes]. The things that would change about the current profile were hinted under the tabber 'Option 1' and 'Option 2' ... But Option 2 is what I'm aiming for however... Since I'm certain that Option 1 is the far easier to implement.

Arguments for "Option 2"

Shamballa and some elements of Strange Tales were agreed to have 1-A feats within by knowledgable members of the tiering system (specifically Sandman whose seen these types of structures within a verse whose 1-A via similar reasonings : Seekers into Mystery and agree to be 1-A in scope)... Hence with combination of several feats from the named Celestials of 1-A nature (Scathan and Asheena) plus Tiamut being superior to all Celestial Hosts in the Non-Canon but weaker than Franklin ... Hints that the Celestials are comfortably within 1-A and by no means is merely baseline in DeMatteis' works.

Scrier has threatened the likes of Oblivio , and even Oblivion referred to himself as being within a dream, and described all things to stem from including himself (from his debut ... which was DeMatteis' idea before anyone elses... and his version of Oblivion is why Oblivion is 1-A in the first place), implying within DaMatteis' work he is within the Dream of Existence... supporting him being scaled from the Fallen Stars... thus 1-A scaling completely.... Not to mention Ka'dmon hints all cosmic abstracts came from the Dream of Existence... Whom are far, far weaker than the (albeit this is Oblivon prior to being part of the Cosmic Hierarchy... So no contradictions here and we can assume while they have similar statistic, they have different roles in creation)... We also have several statements of "before the concept of time & space" within these works, as well as DeMatteis' Scrier, both in Strange Tales and his other debut to be predating existence and reality.... So it's all supporting the upgrade of DeMatteis' Multiverse to purely 1-A.

Basically those scaling to the likes of the Fallen Stars or even the Abstracts in DeMatteis' works will receive a "1-A" rating ... Along with a few abilities exclusive to this version. If accepted we should make a notable rule never to cross scale between DeMatteis' version of the Multiverse + Canon, since it'll cause a lot of inconsistencies in the long run.

Bump. The Shamballa Feat was performed by two people working together: Hamir and Stephen Strange.Specifically it was this feat which they performed (Which is completely identical with 1-A Hindiusm Concepts):

Shamballa Feat 1
Shamballa Feat 2
Below is the proof that the nature of Shamballa is closely related to the concepts of Brahman.

Shamballa's Nature is Related to Hindiusm (1)
There are a lot more... But considering this is something Strange contributed half the effort to accomplish... It should be within 1-A due tot he concepts played with are of 1-A Nature.

Whelp I just found out he has law manipulation now on a 1-A scale ... as well as Power Nullification on said scale... But still looking for more feats from these comics.

To reiterate what I said elsewhere:

To clarify a bit, I am not sure how to properly handle a situation like this.

The Marvel Universe Appendix website claims that the J.M. DeMatteis stories take place in a separate multiverse, i.e. that they have been completely retconned due to differing too much from everything else, and Marvel's editorial department has not officially confirmed this in any way.

As such they may amount to little more than fanfiction at this point, and as such be too inconsequential to feature in an official capacity in this wiki, especially for such high-powered characters.

Bump. Most of the people linked agreed with me in the last thread (KLOL , Eficiente , Prince ,)... Or told me they didn't have the expertise to deal with the thread (Huesito , Yobo , )I believe out of all of them... The only one I need to really link to this thread is Kepekley.

You preferably need to ask all of them to comment here.

Wait so you want me to notify only Schroeder and Kepekley ... Because they are the only ones who didn't give some form of feedback kn the situation.... Or message everyone again ?

I meant that it seems best to message all of them.

This storyline takes place outside of the main canon, so why make this thread? Unless you're planning to make an "alternate multiverse" key for them, which...I am not sure is allowed, but that wouldn't be up to me alone.

I also think that this seems to probably be a bad idea.

Taking place in a "different multiverse" can have multiple connotations. I think extrapolating that they aren't canon is just one intrepretation.

@Ant He didnt say it was a bad idea... Just not sure if it was allowed.

We've had Marvel profiles for characters who are outside the normal canon .... Quite a few times for just about every verse on the site... With far less qualifications besides just being in a different universe or canon .

Yes, but these ones are very obscure, extremely high powered, and wouldn't fit in our regular Marvel Comics page, or in a verse page of their own.

High powered in comparison to the original shouldn't be a problem.... Considering.... Dragon Ball Z / GT / Super to Xenoverse/Heroes ... Literally countless of times superior and the only difference is cosmology , hierarchy, and small changes to the plot... Which is literally exactly what this is in relation to the regular Marvel Comics.

The comics have enough information to tell the difference between, and IMHO that should be enough... As long as one can tell the difference in a significant way.

Well, you want to place them all at 1-A. I think that we should focus on more important characters for that, not extremely obscure non-canon ones.

Hmm.... Okay then... That's fair enough.... Though TBF I was only focusing on 3 people. Now... . The major ones are in-fact Franklin Richards , Man-Thing, & Dr. Strange, since all have equally important parts in DeMatteis' Multiverse:

- FR inadvertedly caused the Strange Tales events to happen and the events of DeMatteis' Heroes Reborn, which FR was the main conduit were referenced in those events.. Most of the other Marvel Comics involving DeMatteis revolve around his retelling of Heroes Reborn, and it is the thread that binds them all together... So he's the most important of the three. DeMatteis' also considers Franklin to be the 'Chosen One' esque of his comics.... So to say he is important is a real understatement.

- The Nexus and it's conduit Man-Thing are key figures throughout essentially everyone of DeMatteis' works. Was given an new cosmic role as the Dreamer/Men of Lineage , assisted in saving reality from Scrier's influence, was referenced during Shamballa, helped during Daydreamers... Plus most of the Strange Tale comics involving DeMatteis revolve around Dr.Strange & Man-Thing

- Dr.Strange helped rebuild all existence when the Dream was falling, was the one who saved Shamballa, and also helped against Scrier during the Peter Parker 1999 comics... He also was key in several other DeMatteis' Works.

I still think that this seems like a bad idea, and would appreciate if you finally let go of the issue. I don't want you bothering me about this for another 3 years. Just try to finally stop obsessing about it. It isn't important.

..... I honestly don't understand this. I've given up on upgrading the canon Franklin Richards and co to the same degree I did before ... I get proof that DeMatteis' Multiverse is recognized to some level as legitimate.... I give you guys a window to use to stop anyone else from arguing the canon comics scale this high... and you tell me to let it go ?

I'm did this so no one could ever argue the canon being this high.... And I had to come up with someway to prove it that was borderline undeniable... And since DeMatteis' works are the ones giving people a way to scale the canon to this high... This is the only way to settle it without someone else arguing it many years later with the same scans and implications I previously used.

Even if this ends ... And doesn't go through... I would appreciate it if you made a rule never to use DeMatteis' works to upgrade the canon to that high.

I meant that you have seemed unhealthily obsessed with upgrading Franklin, but I suppose that what you are currently doing is a step forward.

You should still ask the others for input though.

Bump. There was also something pretty important in regards to feats during DeMatteis' version of Heroes Reborn that I just now realized. Hulk with the amp of the energies he leeched from fragments of Heroes Reborn was stated to have the greatest feat since the beginning of the Multiverse... And consideing the concepts DeMatteis' used in Marvel prior to it... and afterward ... it seems creating Heroes Reborn is a far more impressive feat than I anticipated.

ok this quite intresting(and jesus christ damatteis marvel is insane, i'd even go as far as too say its more insane then DC, but im not to knowladgable about it, is there a Toaa in this universe(not the creator but TOAA specificly) i'd like to plunge a bit into DeMatteis marvel it seems quite intresting) but i do agree with this seems quite right

It's actualy far more advanced than that. There is some evidence that the regular branching realities within the verse contain structures similar to the Chulthu Mythos' Gates... But I'm trying to search to see which comic that takes place in ... Although suspicion points at the old Strange Tales comics featuring Dr.Strange.

I personally doubt that this suggestion is going to be applied.

Honestly I'm not a fan of how often our standards on what counts as a profile change or are ill defined. It seems like this is another situation like the YouTube one, except instead of being too..., whatever they were supposed to be they're "too unimportant" or "isn't time well spent". By definition, if you are spending time on this wiki you are doing it as a hobby, or in rare cases a sense of obligation to facilitate growth. While you might have a issue in the latter, for 99% of the wiki it isn't anymore of a time waste to upgrade Dragon Ball as it is to make these profiles.

Unlike Dragon Ball GT, there is no official continuity page to apply for these profiles. They are obscure, retconned, unofficial, and irrelevant. That is not a good combination with the intended extremely high statistics.

Antvasima said:
Unlike Dragon Ball GT, there is no official continuity page to apply for these profiles. They are obscure, retconned, unofficial, and irrelevant. That is not a good combination with the intended extremely high statistics.
I'd say put in stuff like Doctor Strange (Into Shamballa) or something noting that, within those specific stories, certain characters are 1-A or whatnot.

Preferably not. These appear to be obscure unofficial stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back