• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

J.M. DeMatteis (Marvel Cosmology Split)

Yes. The One Above All wasn't shown to be above Duality or Opposite. The One Below All, who represents hatred, destruction and darkness, is the opposite of the One Above All, who represents love, creation and light. Both are the same being but when it comes time to create, the One Above All all is there, while when it comes time to destroy, the One Above All becomes the One Below All.
I still don't know why the In-Betweener is said to be the finality when it comes to dichotomies in the Four World blog. Good points, though.

I still don't know why the In-Betweener is said to be the finality when it comes to dichotomies in the Four World blog. Good points, though.
The In-Betweener is the finality of dichotomies within the Multiverse, but duality is still present beyond the Multiverse, as i mentioned with the One Above All.

I fully support Elizio's points on the need for an Oblivion split, since him being beyond all the other abstracts in the main cosmology canon is just weird, and it makes far more sense for him to just be equal to the LT in the 8th cosmos at his peak in the main canon.

I agree with a High 1-A or High 1-A+ Oblivion based on DeMatteis's approach. Maybe Oblivion of the main continuity could be 1-A ?
In this current standard. He would have 3 keys: Universal M-Body, True Universal Body, and Multiversal/Omniversal Form.

So the tiering would be Low 1-A, 1-A, and High 1-A. He's position right now is being treated as the Void that spins upon the invisible axis in the Defenders: Story so he would only be one or two levels at max above baseline High 1-A.

If the split does happen then probably most, if not all Abstracts caps at 1-A. So it'll probably be Low 1-A | Low 1-A | 1-A.

In this current standard. He would have 3 keys: Universal M-Body, True Universal Body, and Multiversal/Omniversal Form.

So the tiering would be Low 1-A, 1-A, and High 1-A. He's position right now is being treated as the Void that spins upon the invisible axis in the Defenders: Story so he would only be one or two levels at max above baseline High 1-A.

If the split does happen then probably most, if not all Abstracts caps at 1-A. So it'll probably be Low 1-A | Low 1-A | 1-A.
That is something that Ultima would probably need to help answer, especially as he is IIRC planning on discussing 1-A for Marvel abstracts sometime in the future.

That is something that Ultima would probably need to help answer, especially as he is IIRC planning on discussing 1-A for Marvel abstracts sometime in the future.
“Sometime in the future” means definitely after GTA 6 when it comes to Ultima.

However, despite our back and forth. I do believe that he trusts me with this type of tiering. Especially since that revision isn't going to change much given its framework was mentioned before I made this thread. So, it is more plausible that this thread finishes to ease a transition.

Last edited:
God from Seeker of the Mystery has me wondering... The differentiation between God's dreaming self and Dreamer... What if Adam Ka'dmon's statement about whomever can threaten Adam may be a threat to The Divine Creator isn't applicable to the Dreamer, but hirself within the Dream ? It'd coincide and be consistent with how just possessing the Nexus allows one to be one with God as well. There's plenty of implications about how God does in-fact exist within the dream, playing every role within it, so the idea makes sense. Plus that Vessel as seen with God's profile of Seeker of the Mystery can have weaknesses of sorts such as death and whatnot and not be an antifeat.

God from Seeker of the Mystery has me wondering... The differentiation between God's dreaming self and Dreamer... What if Adam Ka'dmon's statement about whomever can threaten Adam may be a threat to The Divine Creator isn't applicable to the Dreamer, but hirself within the Dream ? It'd coincide and be consistent with how just possessing the Nexus allows one to be one with God as well. There's plenty of implications about how God does in-fact exist within the dream, playing every role within it, so the idea makes sense. Plus that Vessel as seen with God's profile of Seeker of the Mystery can have weaknesses of sorts such as death and whatnot and not be an antifeat.
Good point, I had this idea for a very long time that everything is a dream within a dream. This is explained by the Messiah that all Souls are ignorant of their true nature and that some sort of avatar had to come to wake them up. This God, in his purest form, exists beyond anything while his aspect is more intractable within Creation ie God dreaming of himself in the dream.

When Souls go to the stage of being ouly energy only facing God’s love they technically become God as they dream of the Cosmology below as the Quantum Sea being where the worlds come from that same Sea of Love. Then the Avatar finally wakes them up and at that moment they realize they were God dreaming of it the whole time. This is why an aspect of God can merge those Soul to become one with God with rrealization instead of them being stuck dreaming in the cycle of Karma constantly dreaming of the their view of Creation.

Last edited:
Good point, I had this idea for a very long time that everything is a dream within a dream. This is explained by the Messiah that all Souls are ignorant of their true nature and that some sort of avatar had to come to wake them up. This God, in his purest form, exists beyond anything while his aspect is more intractable within Creation ie God dreaming of himself in the dream.

When Souls go to the stage of being ouly energy only facing God’s love they technically become God as they dream of the Cosmology below as the Quantum Sea being where the worlds come from that same Sea of Love. Then the Avatar finally wakes them up and at that moment they realize they were God dreaming of it the whole time. This is why an aspect of God can merge those Soul to become one with God with rrealization instead of them being stuck dreaming in the cycle of Karma constantly dreaming of the their view of Creation.
Agreed. Another point I had in mind after re-reading everything was how the dream took shape. It wasn't directly from The Divine Creator hirself, they did it through hir staff, the very same staff that was absorbed by Scrier in Peter Parker Annual 1999. I do believe this staff is harnessing the power of The Divine Creator hirself, because it was through this very staff that The Divine Creator's dream took form/shape (the dream taking form/shape due to the Staff isn't mere speculation, the scan explicitly states this). This makes High 1-A+ for the God Tiers all the more blatantly obvious.

Agreed. Another point I had in mind after re-reading everything was how the dream took shape. It wasn't directly from The Divine Creator hirself, they did it through hir staff, the very same staff that was absorbed by Scrier in Peter Parker Annual 1999. I do believe this staff is harnessing the power of The Divine Creator hirself, because it was through this very staff that The Divine Creator's dream took form/shape (the dream taking form/shape due to the Staff isn't mere speculation, the scan explicitly states this). This makes High 1-A+ for the God Tiers all the more blatantly obvious.
Possibly. It's not a bad way of looking at it.

Back