• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Issei tries to keep his harem, Issei vs Jugenmujugenmugokonosurikekaijarisugesugematsufufunfaimatsufuraimatsuapporokojiapporokojibaibobaiboshuringansh

Well Protag, is a bit of a reality warper, so what can he do exactly? Is he conscious of his powers and can he use stuff like EE right away? What does he open up with? Can ise bypass his resurrection?

He is self conscious about it, but his powers depend on what he (or rather the plot/narrator) view the enemy as.

He has to configure into a trope or cliche.

So if the enemy is viewed as a bad guy he gets asspulls to beat them. if it's not a character important to the story it gets "erased" (Become an invisible, voicless, mindless extra that is only capable of doing anything when they are praising the main characters), if they are a yandere protag-kun dies to them, no matter how inlogical and if they are anything else they get eomanced.

Most of his stuff is passive, with the exeption of "your base belong to us", where if he says it everybody falls in love with him right away.

His ressurection is the "wake up the day before you died" kind

Hmm. Ise is an MC with pretty similar traits tbh.

The girls....i mean you know how many girls like him.

His luck is like abnormal beyond means. Great Red just passing by someone is something that cannot be called "luck" (as they stated). And Great Red happened to pass by exactly when Ise was about to die, he happened to take a liking to Ise, he happened to care enough to give him parts of his body, he happened that the previous hosts sacrificed themselves to save his soul from the curse and his soul happened to survive. So yeah his luck is basically god like.

About the ass pulls then yeah. They are self conscious about it. Ise fought Cao Cao and Cao Cao just happened to be unable to use his strongest move because "god didn't like his ideals".

So idk if his protag powers would work vs another protag.

Ise doesn't have actual plot manip, and if he did he would automatically lose as protag-kun passivly nulls it, making people become faceless extras

So, yeah, if he actualy had a canonical plot manip, he would get powernulled, and possibly romanced as well.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
So, yeah, if he actualy had a canonical plot manip, he would get powernulled, and possibly romanced as well.
The point is. Would protag kun find a cliche for a protagonist?

Firephoenixearl said:
The point is. Would protag kun find a cliche for a protagonist?
He wouldn't view issei as a protagonist, or if he did Issei wouéd get erased cuz there can be only one, kind of what happened to classmate-kun

Ricsi-viragosi said:
He wouldn't view issei as a protagonist, or if he did Issei wouéd get erased cuz there can be only one, kind of what happened to classmate-kun
So ise would be deemed as what then? I mean if he wouldn't view ise as a protag, what would he view ise as?

If he is seen as an extra.

If he is seen as a love intrest he might win if he gets pshycotic enough

You...

you completly ignore all oh his powers don't you?

It passivly forces the plot to go in a way that makes a cliche romance plot.

And the plot has control over several time-lines.

Ap doesn't matter here

Ricsi-viragosi said:
You...
you completly ignore all oh his powers don't you?

It passivly forces the plot to go in a way that makes a cliche romance plot.

And the plot has control over several time-lines.

Ap doesn't matter here
> Passive powers

> Says it's fair.

You said they aren't fatal, means they aren't a ohk. If they don't beat ise instantly ise can just snap him and seal him or whatever.

Point is if this guy can win passively, then it's a stomp.

I'll... I'll just quote myself, because I already explained that.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
All that he needs to do is get jelous, angry or whatever enough to kill prot. That doesn't change the fact that he is in love with him

Ricsi-viragosi said:
I'll... I'll just quote myself, because I already explained that.
Ricsi-viragosi said:
All that he needs to do is get jelous, angry or whatever enough to kill prot.
That doesn't change the fact that he is in love with him
>Ise

>Likes oppai

>"get pshycotic over a guy"

Somehow i don't feel like that would rly work. Besides he's not the type to go mental over his girls.

Firephoenixearl said:
>Ise

>Likes oppai

>"get pshycotic over a guy"

Somehow i don't feel like that would rly work. Besides he's not the type to go mental over his girls.
He... doesn't really have a choice as far as falling n love goes.

There is also the chance that the power views him as the Phenex of the situation, the womanizer who only cares about sex. In that case it would either go full asspull or rivarly, with the second just putting them in the cliche state where they are equal, but issei still loses every time (I like to call it the vegita state).

Dude this is the definition of a stomp.

Passive plot manip.

Battle starts, ise is now in love with him, though he's not a yandere. Ise stands a chance how? Might aswell put ise vs Nihilus now.

Litiraly all he needs to do is make it a cliche way for him to die or be incapacitated. And its not just famous cliche's, in one ending he litiraly became a shota and went and made "protag-kun no pico".

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Litiraly all he needs to do is make it a cliche way for him to die or be incapacitated.
And its not just famous cliche's, in one ending he litiraly became a shota and went and made "protag-kun no pico".
So issei can do what? Like describe the scenario when Ise wins.

Dies any cliche way for the protagonist to die really.

Die by sacrificing himslef to kill/seal/incapacitate, befriand each other and have a random bad guy kill protag making him determintaed to beat the bad guy to avenge his now friend, "bfr" by telling protag that he is far superior pbysically and to go to train for a month (feels very riser, but meh) etc

DragonEmperor23 said:
So he passively loses. Passive losses do not count. See Nihilus, The Golden King, and Sirzechs.
I just said he doesnt.

All he needs to do is make the death cliche. Hell, he could litirly tell protag to go and train for a month ala riser and he would accept.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Dies any cliche way for the protagonist to die really.
Die by sacrificing himslef to kill/seal/incapacitate, befriand each other and have a random bad guy kill protag making him determintaed to beat the bad guy to avenge his now friend, "bfr" by telling protag that he is far superior pbysically and to go to train for a month (feels very riser, but meh) etc
^ how would dying be Issei's win

No.

I meant have Protag-kun sacrifice himself.

And again, hecould litiraly tell protag-kun to go away to train and he would do it.

DragonEmperor23 said:
I'm like 99% sure there are no characters who's first response to fighting someone is to tell them to go train.
Pretty sure there are lots of characters who would see how weak he is and tell him to get stronger.

How would they know that before attacking? They would have to atleast hit him once. Issei oneshots protag kun in all forms that doesn't make this an ap stomp for protag kun.

The fight wouldn't just end the moment it begins.

His powers very reason is to make things cliche, at most it prolongs the battle until it gives an asspull.

DragonEmperor23 said:
One Hit Kill is a cliche. So is the new villain shows up and beats the protagonist instantly cliche.
When he described he's powers he described it as "I'll have to go through several hard fought battles to get my dark powers unlocked".

Plus, not many series really have a 9-C one-shot a 6-C without some time used to at least jerk off the new asspull.

I think you meant 6-C one shot the 9-C but some examples would be Speck's first meeting with Baki,Kenpachi vs the sternritter that oneshot him, and Yanagi's first meeting with Baki. The main character dying is also a popular cliche, see DBZ, Naruto, Bleach, and Nanatsu no Taizai.

No.

I meant 9-C oneshoot a 6-C. As you said one-shotting the enemy is a cliche, it would mean Protag would need to oneshoot a 6-C.

But yeah, the main character being killed is far from unlikely, it happens to him a few times, albeith in a non-combative scenario, but there is also a good chance that his plot doesn't view it like that.

Plus, if he made iseei fall in love with him, it would be inconclusive, as he would fall in love as well.

Back