• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier Low 6-B Tournament of Regeneration 2022: Issei Hyoudou vs Licht (Black Clover)

And Issei Divides that. No matter what, Issei will have the AP advantage here. It’s kinda his thing.
The third sword will revert boost and the debuff has limited causality manipulation. Licht keeps absorbing the magic and attacking issei. Also licht cannot be sensed or precog and can teleport and has super natural luck and accelerated development to help him
If both characters can null all the energy attacks, one can boost to the limit and divide his opponent while the other can drain his boost and null the divide, it literally depends of one thing

Skill
Licht heavily out skills and can absorb all of issei magic with the third sword

Issei can halve the attacks till they are completely nullified....which will also take each time half of its power each and add to his own with Divide then he has Boosting Gear that will double his power with each boost so no matter what Licht does...he won't be able to take him on if he can;t outhax. Because Issei will only need to touch him once and after that Divide will be able to lower his stat with each divide.

PD: Also because a fight where Issei is like "HEY MAN, I AM DIVIDING YOU, STOP REGAINING YOUR POWER" would be completely absurd, Issei would just stop trying to divide, it should also waste stamina to use divide for what I saw in the DxD wiki (yes, I am searching in the wiki, because I am not gonna read DxD, I don´t want to see hentai)

The continuous use of the Divine Dividing's "Divide" ability will drain the wielder's stamina to a significant degree. If the user has no way of expelling the excess stored power, they will be forced to endure the strain of carrying the excess power and it can stop Scale Mail from functioning temporarily.[5]

Issei can halve the attacks till they are completely nullified....which will also take each time half of its power each and add to his own with Divide then he has Boosting Gear that will double his power with each boost so no matter what Licht does...he won't be able to take him on if he can;t outhax. Because Issei will only need to touch him once and after that Divide will be able to lower his stat with each divide.
The third sword will negate it

If both characters can null all the energy attacks, one can boost to the limit and divide his opponent while the other can drain his boost and null the divide, it literally depends of one thing

Skill
Except that Licht needs direct contact to drain Issei’s magic whereas Issei doesn’t. Boost just amps Issei’s speed to the point of blitzing and one shots.
The third sword will revert boost and the debuff has limited causality manipulation. Licht keeps absorbing the magic and attacking issei. Also licht cannot be sensed or precog and can teleport and has super natural luck and accelerated development to help him

Licht heavily out skills and can absorb all of issei magic with the third sword
And he needs to make contact with Issei who is constantly amping his speed.

Except that Licht needs direct contact to drain Issei’s magic whereas Issei doesn’t. Boost just amps Issei’s speed to the point of blitzing and one shots.

The third sword will protect Licht and Licht can teleport and has supernatural luck and accelerated development to help him. They are 30 m apart Licht is stabbing Isei by teleporting and his swords negate regen.

Third sword does not need to cut Issei to cut the spell, it needs to touch Licht so the effect of his current Divide does not exist anymore

The first parts is true, and one shot in low 6-B= impossible unless Licht is divided and the third sword is stopping that all the time

Anyway since they are 30 m apart Licht teleport and slashes issei and kills him since he never holds back and he cannot be sensed and precog and if that doesn't work he uses eon to defeat issei
Third sword does not need to cut Issei to cut the spell, it needs to touch Licht so the effect of his current Divide does not exist anymore

The first parts is true, and one shot in low 6-B= impossible unless Licht is divided and the third sword is stopping that all the time
Exactly and he can also undo issei boost with the sword

Anyway since they are 30 m apart Licht teleport and slashes issei and kills him since he never holds back and he cannot be sensed and precog and if that doesn't work he uses eon to defeat issei

Last time I comment

If Licht were Asta in devil union, he would be able

Only Asta has shown the ability to undo buffs(edit: undo buffs EVEN WITHOUT TOUCHING THE TARGET), NLF assuming Licht can do it, if he were able, then Issei whole shenanigans would be utterly trash against him

All previous abilities enhanced, Attack Reflection, Absorption (Can absorb energy from the breasts of females to power his attacks), Regeneration (Can repair his armor if it suffers extensive damage and reform it in the event that it completely disappears), Statistics Reduction (Can continuously halve the power of his opponents and add it to his own [20]. Can halve the power of attacks until they are significantly weakened or eliminated entirely [21]) can create dragon claws from his wings, Resistance to Death Manipulation (Can survive in the Dimensional Gap [22], a world of void which kills whatever is inside of it by exposing them to nothingness [23])
Explanation? Licht is a dude

Last time I comment

If Licht were Asta in devil union, he would be able

Only Asta has show the ability to undo buffs(edit: undo buffs EVEN WITHOUT TOUCHING THE TARGET), NLF assuming Licht can do it, if he were able, then Issei whole shenanigans would be utterly trash against him
The sword and the grimoire are licht's so he has the same feat unless Asta is in black form or DU

Is this effect passive or does he need to think/say anything?
The third sword will negate it
Someone needs to put this on Licht’s page cuz I’m not seeing it at all.
Issei can Boost x10-x20 times before people comparable in speed can do anything so he massively out speeds Licht by the time Licht starts swinging.
How would he undo Boost when it says the sword needs to be in contact with the spell?

Issei can Boost x10-x20 times before people comparable in speed can do anything so he massively out speeds Licht by the time Licht starts swinging.

How would he undo Boost when it says the sword needs to be in contact with the spell?
Licht can teleport so that's irrelevant and slashes Isei and negates his transformation with the third sword which will also negate his buffs. The effects are passive.

Licht can teleport so that's irrelevant and slashes Isei and negates his transformation with the third sword which will also negate his buffs. The effects are passive.
It’s like you aren’t understanding what Boost before comparable people can react means. Licht choosing to teleport is an action, Licht slashing is an action, Issei Boosts before people can take an action, ergo Issei Boosts a dozen times before Licht can even swing his sword and now blitzes Licht.

It’s like you aren’t understanding what Boost before comparable people can react means. Licht choosing to teleport is an action, Licht slashing is an action, Issei Boosts before people can take an action, ergo Issei Boosts a dozen times before Licht can even swing his sword and now blitzes Licht.
The third sword will negate the buffs through causality manipulation which is passive

Asta post time skip literally just lift the sword and everything he wants to neg is negated, Asta pre-time skip who is literally learning to use the sword need to touch his opponent

So, Is Licht able to do what Asta post time skip can? Literally unaswered question in the series, so in my honest opinion, he should not be able to negated from a distance, one of the supporters/most knowledgeable person should give his opinion in this topic

Standard Equipment:

• Grimoire: Asta wields a five-leaf clover grimoire, which he receives during his fight with Revchi. His grimoire used to be a four-leaf clover grimoire that belonged to Licht. It allows Licht to cast strong spells and summons his swords
  • Demon-Slayer Sword: Asta's first and primary weapon that belonged to Licht. It's the largest and heaviest of the 3 swords, dealing massive blunt damage with each swing and being a better shield overall. However, its heft means that it is slower than the Demon Dwelling Sword, making it less suitable for parrying and reflecting high-speed attacks.
  • Demon-Dweller Sword: Licht's second weapon, which was discovered by Asta towards the end of his fight with Mars. A thinner and more ornate weapon, it can be swing much faster than the Demon Slayer Sword, allowing him to defend against attacks too fast for him to block with the Demon Slayer Sword. The sword's original ability is to absorb spells and then to release that magic in a flying slash. It has been noted that the sword passively absorbs any magic in the vicinity, after the sword has absorbed a certain amount of magical power, the black markings on it start glowing. At that moment, when the user swings the sword, it unleashes magic with similar elemental properties as the absorbed mage's elemental affinity.
  • Demon-Destroyer Sword: Licht's third sword. the sword can absorb and remove the effects of spells.

I know, is absurd to have equipment abilities not listed in his powers

Asta post time skip literally just lift the sword and everything he wants to neg is negated, Asta pre-time skip who is literally learning to use the sword need to touch his opponent

So, Is Licht able to do what Asta post time skip can? Literally unaswered question in the series, so in my honest opinion, he should not be able to negated from a distance, one of the supporters/most knowledge people should give his opinion in this topic

Standard Equipment:

• Grimoire: Asta wields a five-leaf clover grimoire, which he receives during his fight with Revchi. His grimoire used to be a four-leaf clover grimoire that belonged to Licht. It allows Licht to cast strong spells and summons his swords
  • Demon-Slayer Sword: Asta's first and primary weapon that belonged to Licht. It's the largest and heaviest of the 3 swords, dealing massive blunt damage with each swing and being a better shield overall. However, its heft means that it is slower than the Demon Dwelling Sword, making it less suitable for parrying and reflecting high-speed attacks.
  • Demon-Dweller Sword: Licht's second weapon, which was discovered by Asta towards the end of his fight with Mars. A thinner and more ornate weapon, it can be swing much faster than the Demon Slayer Sword, allowing him to defend against attacks too fast for him to block with the Demon Slayer Sword. The sword's original ability is to absorb spells and then to release that magic in a flying slash. It has been noted that the sword passively absorbs any magic in the vicinity, after the sword has absorbed a certain amount of magical power, the black markings on it start glowing. At that moment, when the user swings the sword, it unleashes magic with similar elemental properties as the absorbed mage's elemental affinity.
  • Demon-Destroyer Sword: Licht's third sword. the sword can absorb and remove the effects of spells.

I know, is absurd to have equipment abilities not listed in his powers

Demon-Destroyer Sword: Licht's third sword. the sword can absorb and remove the effects of spells.

• I know, is absurd to have equipment abilities not listed in his powers
I saw that. I’m talking about the causality manipulation stuff cuz that shit was news to me since it wasn’t on Licht’s page at all.

Also I'm pretty sure the third sword isn't passive at all.

When Asta used it against the mirror guy (to remove the elf from his body), he had to actually activate it, then a[n anti] magic circle was casted, and he was released from the elf spell.

Also I'm pretty sure the third sword isn't passive at all.

When Asta used it against the mirror guy (to remove the elf from his body), he had to actually activate it, then a[n anti] magic circle was casted, and he was released from the elf spell.
But licht is better at using the sword and I am talking about removing debuffs when the sword is touching him dw I made a small crt for licht to get his abilities added to him. The removal of buffs is passive too through causality manipulation.

But licht is better at using the sword
Yeah he is, but unless he's showcased it being passive, then you can't argue/assume that.
I am talking about removing debuffs when the sword is touching him
Yup yup
dw I made a small crt for licht to get his abilities added to him.
Link?
I don't think Licht sword has the causality manipulation
It should be. It's never stated to be Causality Manipulation through Anti-Magic. It is an ability of the sword, which belongs to Licht. Asta just happens to also have Anti Magic, so it not only negates magic but also effects.

Yeah he is, but unless he's showcased it being passive, then you can't argue/assume that.

Yup yup

Link?

It should be. It's never stated to be Causality Manipulation through Anti-Magic. It is an ability of the sword, which belongs to Licht. Asta just happens to also have Anti Magic, so it not only negates magic but also effects.

what I mean is that Licht never shows this does he?

Nope, which is why I can see contention. At most I could see possibly, but not much else really
The elves confirmed that licht sword severs the cause and effects.
The elves verbatim says that Licht's sword severs the cause and effect Black clover crt

All previous abilities enhanced, Attack Reflection, Absorption (Can absorb energy from the breasts of females to power his attacks), Regeneration (Can repair his armor if it suffers extensive damage and reform it in the event that it completely disappears), Statistics Reduction (Can continuously halve the power of his opponents and add it to his own [20]. Can halve the power of attacks until they are significantly weakened or eliminated entirely [21]) can create dragon claws from his wings, Resistance to Death Manipulation (Can survive in the Dimensional Gap [22], a world of void which kills whatever is inside of it by exposing them to nothingness [23])
Explanation? Licht is a dude
Anyone see this?

I don't see any sufficient arguments against Issei's BOOST + DIVIDE spam. They can amp Issei to one-shot power in a very short period of time, while simultaneously making Licht unable to do anything in response.

The causality sword (which I'm not even sure if he has) doesn't seem to be passive, nor is it going to be that helpful in a battle where Issei is constantly getting stronger either way. Not to mention, are Issei's powers even considered to be conventional magic? If they aren't, the sword wouldn't be able to do anything anyway.

Can anyone explain what abilities Licht actually has that can combat Issei? I read his profile and most of it gets hard countered by his arsenal. Forcefields are nulled by dura negate. Power null is resisted. Light Manipulation is countered by magic resist + divide.

I don't see any sufficient arguments against Issei's BOOST + DIVIDE spam. They can amp Issei to one-shot power in a very short period of time, while simultaneously making Licht unable to do anything in response.

The causality sword (which I'm not even sure if he has) doesn't seem to be passive, nor is it going to be that helpful in a battle where Issei is constantly getting stronger either way. Not to mention, are Issei's powers even considered to be conventional magic? If they aren't, the sword wouldn't be able to do anything anyway.

Can anyone explain what abilities Licht actually has that can combat Issei? I read his profile and most of it gets hard countered by his arsenal. Forcefields are nulled by dura negate. Power null is resisted. Light Manipulation is countered by magic resist + divide.
It is passive it will be added soon from my crt. It is passive since it constantly severs the cause and effect and can undo Issei stat amps and transformation. They are 30m away it's not like he has all the time to boost and licht can just kill him

It is passive it will be added soon from my crt. It is passive since it constantly severs the cause and effect and can undo Issei stat amps and transformation. They are 30m away it's not like he has all the time to boost and licht can just kill him
If it isn't added yet we can't acknowledge it in this match. Many people are saying it isn't, anyway.

Issei can boost tens of times in seconds. And if he's really going for the kill, he can do it even faster.

It is not passive and never has been
Yes when Asta holds the sword it severs the cause and effect.
If it isn't added yet we can't acknowledge it in this match. Many people are saying it isn't, anyway.

Issei can boost tens of times in seconds. And if he's really going for the kill, he can do it even faster.
Yes but the third sword negates that and the transformation. Ask clover for more info

Back