• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Issei Hyoudou Vs Harry Potter-verse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having an argument of sorts with a person on another site. He doesn't seem to understand NLF and insists that things like "unbreakable charms" makes something indestructable by any means. Discuss please!

Well, if Issei gets hit by the Killing Curse, he's done for, no questions asked. But that's the thing, he can't be hit by it due to his insane speed by comparison.

The Everlasting said:
Well, if Issei gets hit by the Killing Curse, he's done for, no questions asked. But that's the thing, he can't be hit by it due to his insane speed by comparison.
Really? Last time I checked armor (solid objects) can stop the KC and the explosion from the KC hitting things can only irritate Issei at most.

The Everlasting said:
True, I was mainly just thinking of it hitting his skin, not armor he was wearing.

He's also the an embodiment of [Dream] and [Infinity]. Kind of NLF if you think you can kill something like that with something usually used to kill humans and animals.

Infinity is very likely hyperbole, and how exactly is the the embodiment of dream? This all mainly stems from me not readind Highschool DxD (Doesn't seem to be my style).

The Everlasting said:
Infinity is very likely hyperbole, and how exactly is the the embodiment of dream? This all mainly stems from me not readind Highschool DxD (Doesn't seem to be my style).

Now it's pretty clear why you seem so ignorant of Dxd. If you didn't read it then don't discuss it! It'd be like me discussing Harry Potter if I only watched the first three movies.

I'm going off of page info, and it doesn't change the fact that infinite is hyperbole (Otherwise Issei would be 3-A).

You appear to have gotten an answer, anything else?

The Everlasting said:
I'm going off of assumptions, and it doesn't change the fact that infinite is hyperbole (Otherwise Issei would be 3-A).
You appear to have gotten an answer, anything else?
I'd like a discussion from people who aren't ignorant about one or both verses. Also just because this site considers infinite hyperbole doesn't mean it is. This site doesn't apply multipliers to characters with that ability either...does that mean the Boosted Gear WOG confirmed ability is non-canon? Now please go away, I'd like a few other opinions on this.

I'm not ignorant, I'm just not knowledgeable, and unless you can show me Issei is legitmately of universal power, then infinite is hyperbole.

Errmmm...

Issei is far faster than everybody in the entire verse, and it's not like

A: They can really hurt him, or

B: If they could, it would really do anything.

And it's not like Issei's extreme striking power will make his each and every hit effectively an Avada Kedavra, and it's not like they're dodging either. I don't think any amount of hax the Harry Potter-verse may or may not have will change this...

Yeah, definitely siding with Issei on this one.

ThePerpetual said:
Errmmm...
Issei is far faster than everybody in the entire verse, and it's not like

A: They can really hurt him, or

B: If they could, it would really do anything.

And it's not like Issei's extreme striking power will make his each and every hit effectively an Avada Kedavra, and it's not like they're dodging either. I don't any amount of hax the Harry Potter-verse may or may not have will change this...

Yeah, definitely siding with Issei on this one.
Thank you.

DeezNuts1102 said:
wait what, when did issei's power become infinite?

Never this guy's doing what he does best and assuming again. Ophis herself is infinite but she didn't give all of that to Issei.

If her power is infinite meaning she could solo top tier verse such as dbz, bastard, and even saint seiya. I don't give her any credits for doing so cuz she hasn't shown anything close to dbz level, not mentioning bastard/seiya which is miles above dbz.

it doesn't work that way in this Wiki dude, we need you to provide legitimate sources, feats and proper explanation, When a character claimed themself to have infinite power without showing anything close to that then it's hyperbole, if you don't have any sources or author's statements to back up your Infinite Ophis claim, we will gladly disregard everything

DeezNuts1102 said:
If her power is infinite meaning she could solo top tier verse such as dbz, bastard, and even saint seiya. I don't give her any credits for doing so cuz she hasn't shown anything close to dbz level, not mentioning bastard/seiya which is miles above dbz.
it doesn't work that way in this Wiki dude, we need you to provide legitimate sources, feats and proper explanation, When a character claimed themself to have infinite power without showing anything close to that then it's hyperbole, if you don't have any sources or author's statements to back up your Infinite Ophis claim, we will gladly disregard everything
Do you just jump into conversations like this? This thread was NEVER ABOUT if INFINITE WAS HYPERBOLE OR NOT!

I said he was an embodiment of those concepts, thus making him immune due to his status as closer to a concept rather than a flesh and blood being.

What is wrong with me being part of this thread? You're appearing very overly negative over my opinion on this matter. Just because I haven't read Highschool DxD doesn't mean I can't participate in forum topics about it.

Embodiment of infinity = infinite.

@Phantasys: Whoa whoa whoa where the hell did all this infinite and concept stuff come from...

Infinite = Definitely Hyperbole.

Issie was an embodiment of those concepts = Where the hell is this from? What Concepts?

On what are you exactly basing your claims... if it's statements then they're most likely hyperbole...

Okay...post volume 12 Issei had his whole body discarded and a new one made for him out of the flesh of the Great Red and Ophis' power. Dragons by definition in DxD are masses of energy usually embodying some theme or another. An energy being by that description shouldn't be effected by the killing curse, which we've never seen kill anything bigger than a human.

The Everlasting said:
What is wrong with me being part of this thread? You're appearing very overly negative over my opinion on this matter. Just because I haven't read Highschool DxD doesn't mean I can't participate in forum topics about it.
Embodiment of infinity = infinite.
So you're saying Death of the Endless and Nekron are the same thing then? Because Nekron is the embodiment, DOTE is death itself.

It's a weird thing with comics, and they both represent different aspects of death (And DOTE implies Nekron has nothing to do with her). And what do they have to do with this?

What's the difference? And I think Neil Gaiman said that Nekron represents Death as the ultimate opponent, while DOTE represents Death as a sweet release. If anything, they retconned DOTE into being the embodiment of Death, leaving Nekron to only claim he was.

The Everlasting said:
What's the difference? And I think Neil Gaiman said that Nekron represents Death as the ultimate opponent, while DOTE represents Death as a sweet release. If anything, they retconned DOTE into being the embodiment of Death, leaving Nekron to only claim he was.

Quote? This demonstrates an embodiment of something doesn't mean that something itself.

1) Cut it out with the infinity stuff. Ophis got most of her powers stolen by Cao Cao and the rest of the hero faction. If her power was truly infinite then there wouldn't be such a thing as "losing most of her powers". Divide Infinity by any number and you'd still get infinity.

2) Among the greatest DC feats performed in DXD were Issie's Mountain destroying, the replica of Kyoto being destroyed, Longinus Smasher, etc and none of them can logically even be Continent Level. Thus the whole Ophis' power is infinity get's contradicted by almost everything else in the entire series.

3) Fiction tends to use the terms infinity, Omnipotent, etc a lot. All of them are treated as hyperbole unless they have very legit feats and confirmation. And this is no different it's a hyperbole nothing more nothing less unless it get's proven otherwise via a massive amount of feats and confirmation supporting it.

Phantasys said:
Okay...post volume 12 Issei had his whole body discarded and a new one made for him out of the flesh of the Great Red and Ophis' power. Dragons by definition in DxD are masses of energy usually embodying some theme or another. An energy being by that description shouldn't be effected by the killing curse, which we've never seen kill anything bigger than a human.
I didn't ask this. I asked where the hell the whole concepts thing came from. A concept is absolutely abstract nothing besides very high Tier reality wrapers can actually manipulate it or even reach it when it's at it's proper level. And embodying something doesn't mean being a concept.

Also I'm not arguing about the VS thread. Just the whole infinity stuff.

For the Vs Thread. Issie solos in a heart beat. Literally nothing in Harry Potter verse can affect him unless you use NLF...

Embodiment

Noun

A tangible or visible form of an idea, quality or feeling.

Synonyms: Personification, incarnation, manifestation, avatar, representation.

And I just read that Blackest Night retconned that by making Nekron the constructed form of darkness in response to the emerging light of the emotionals spectrum.

First of all Ophis Infinite power is actually still unclear but beacuse you wanna disscus it ok than. first of all THERE IS NO PROOF to support this statement, sure there is plently statement that say Ophis has Infinite power but let me ask this "is there any proof to backing this up?" No, there is no proof to support that claim, even if we seriuosly taking this as a fact there will be another problem and that is "Is she know how to use that infinite power?" through out the series there is alot of proof to say that she has no knowladge about to use that.

SchutzenDunkelZiel1217 said:
1) Cut it out with the infinity stuff. Ophis got most of her powers stolen by Cao Cao and the rest of the hero faction. If her power was truly infinite then there wouldn't be such a thing as "losing most of her powers". Divide Infinity by any number and you'd still get infinity.
2) Among the greatest DC feats performed in DXD were Issie's Mountain destroying, the replica of Kyoto being destroyed, Longinus Smasher, etc and none of them can logically even be Continent Level. Thus the whole Ophis' power is infinity get's contradicted by almost everything else in the entire series.

3) Fiction tends to use the terms infinity, Omnipotent, etc a lot. All of them are treated as hyperbole unless they have very legit feats and confirmation. And this is no different it's a hyperbole nothing more nothing less unless it get's proven otherwise via a massive amount of feats and confirmation supporting it.

Phantasys said:
I didn't ask this. I asked where the hell the whole concepts thing came from. A concept is absolutely abstract nothing besides very high Tier reality wrapers can actually manipulate it or even reach it. And embodying something doesn't mean being a concept.

Also I'm not arguing about the VS thread. Just the whole infinity stuff.

For the Vs Thread. Issie solos in a heart beat. Literally nothing in Harry Potter verse can affect him unless you use NLF...

Okay...THANK YOU I just started this thread to get the NLF statement! Can somebody lock this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back