• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The necessity of Neutral/Opponents on a Verse page?

What Verses are excluded then exactly???
idk what you mean
You haven't addressed why the fact its 'fun' is the main thing here...Like...aren't we purging all SCP profiles??? Why do we care abt that
It's not the sole factor, it's one of many.
You lowkey aint making sense anymore?
I've actually said multiple times that i understand if the page is up for Verses without a page and finding useful people among them, but that doesnt justify it enough to stick around. If its viable enough for a CRT revolving around Verse upgrades (and not just 1 character profile.), then it'd have a Verse page

I still do not know what you're talking about

They don't come up often...
Like what are you even talking about anymore? This is confusing now
idk what I can do to clear it up, so ig we're at an impasse.

There isnt 'many', it literally is just 'its fun to keep around' or 'if its not broke dont fix it' (where ive never been saying its broken, and already explained how this is a non-progressive mindset for such an old, untouched feature that can be put to better use)

Where is the professional use in having a section for literally anybody to say they like or dislike a series on public profile?

There isnt 'many', it literally is just 'its fun to keep around' or 'if its not broke dont fix it' (where ive never been saying its broken, and already explained how this is a non-progressive mindset for such an old, untouched feature that can be put to better use)
  • You: We don't care about fun, as evidenced by us deleting SCP.
  • Me: Fun isn't the sole thing we care about, it's one of many things which were considered when deleting SCP.
Hope that clears things up.
Where is the professional use in having a section for literally anybody to say they like or dislike a series on public profile?
You're just repeating things at this point.

• You: We don't care about fun, as evidenced by us deleting SCP.
  • Me: Fun isn't the sole thing we care about, it's one of many things which were considered when deleting SCP.
...okay? I wasn't arguing that, i know the SCP debate here. But it just goes to show you dont keep things just cause they're 'fun', so i dont see why thats the only polarising factor here
Hope that clears things up.

You're just repeating things at this point.

Yeah, cause its kinda hard to get a straight answer for some reason, as if the only reason we arent replacing the S/O/N format is so people can put their names on a public profile like its one of those deviantart factfile posts...

...okay? I wasn't arguing that, i know the SCP debate here. But it just goes to show you dont keep things just cause they're 'fun', so i dont see why thats the only polarising factor here
Yes, if something was fun, but it had other sufficiently bad detrimental effects, we would remove it.

I don't believe S/O/N has those.
Yeah, cause its kinda hard to get a straight answer for some reason, as if the only reason we arent replacing the S/O/N format is so people can put their names on a public profile like its one of those deviantart factfile posts...
Yes, fun activities are an important aspect of building a healthy community. We shouldn't nuke them because of the rare person who has a worsened outlook on the site by taking those as unprofessional. Our fun and games section, many of the comments on our news and announcement posts; we regularly sacrifice the pinnacle of professionalism to create an enjoyable place for our members to keep coming back to. As we should.

Yes, if something was fun, but it had other sufficiently bad detrimental effects, we would remove it.

I don't believe S/O/N has those.
"sufficiently bad"

We've gone over its more bad than good, and unhelpful when something easier and more efficient would take its place. I think people just dont like change, idk how 'sufficient' it has to be
Yes, fun activities are an important aspect of building a healthy community. We shouldn't nuke them because of the rare person who has a worsened outlook on the site by taking those as unprofessional. Our fun and games section, many of the comments on our news and announcement posts; we regularly sacrifice the pinnacle of professionalism to create an enjoyable place for our members to keep coming back to. As we should.
Except
A) this isnt 'fun', this is what people refer to when they need actual opinions in CRTs, Questions or Versus Threads. Lets not focus on bias and allignment
B) Needing to tell everyone you dont like a series just sounds like you're tryna rile things up
C) They're not getting 'nuked', they're being changed to better terminology. for a wiki like this as we try to make the site more professioanl.
D) 'rare person' is an extremely limited way of trying to look at it? And for what advantage? So you can keep your name on a public page just for disliking a series?
E) Fun and Games is on the forum (casual). This is on the public Vs Battles Wiki page (professional). Different strokes.
F) There is still literally nothing done with Supporters, Opponents or Neutral (even in Fun and Games) to act like this is some huge staple for community building. It isnt, and we should stop pretending like it is (unless you have examples? No matter how irrelevant you think it is, ive at least provided the few of many examples at the 'harm' it causes, can you show anything that its used for positively to back up this claim that its a fun and enjoyable experience to be an 'opponent' of a verse?)

Last edited:
Like we're segregating people into 3 factions here? For what? We dont USE these labels for anything, no matter how many times people are claiming its for 'fun'. Its been super misleading since the wikis been around

I disagree, and for the most part, I've already addressed the stuff you said; I don't think there's much point in continuing.

I disagree, and for the most part, I've already addressed the stuff you said; I don't think there's much point in continuing.
You haven't explained what these fun activities are no... If anything, its deflecting. Dont continue if you dont want to but i'd rather you actually backed up this one claim as opposed to just expecting me to accept it as the truth...

S/O/N isnt used for anything when its clearly suggesting that people who 'know the series' are being put into three different groups? Yet this isn't used at all.

The only thing the alligment system is used for is for people to hide behind labels for 'credibility, or accuse other people of bias in order to discredit arguments and perpetuate the cycle. Or just plainly hate on something. A.k.a an issue (doesnt matter how big it is)
Can you please give an example on how S/O/N has helped a 'fun activity'?

If you just want your name on a verse page to let everyone know you like/hate it, then just say that bro. Admitting it at least clears it up for me

I already have. Reread my posts.

There's no other way I'll engage with people who repeatedly badger me over things I've already explained.

I already have. Reread my posts.

There's no other way I'll engage with people who repeatedly badger me over things I've already explained.
You haven't. Quote the exact post.

'Explaining' it is different to proving it as well. Im asking for an example, not an explanation. You saying its 'fun' isnt the same as providing an actual example of what you claim, in that S/O/N is a community-aspect when those allignments by name haven't been used for anything thus far, other than allowing people to guise under false pretences

It's a fun bit of community-building, a conversation-starter, something people can chuckle at, it gives flavour to the site.

Fools can find any reason to dismiss people's opinions, adding this one doesn't change anything meaningful.

I've never seen it do that.

I've never seen it do that.

Still nice to have a standard even if it isn't utilised 100% of the time. Many pages lack matches entirely, or in certain sub-sections of the match portion.

So, I don't think those sections should be removed.

This isn't an example

This is you making claims that people get a 'chuckle' at seeing a list of names on a Verse (which isnt true, this section was NOT for being funny), or it gives supposed 'flavour' (Having a list of names based on biased interest in a series as opposed to knowledge comes across more unprofessional)

Only thing right is its a 'conversation starter', but replace conversation starter with actual powerscaling questions on your message wall, which is what Knowledagble members will unbiasedly do better, than someone who just put their name down on any Verse they vaguely knew (like i did)

How many times do i gotta ask specficially for an Example?

Last edited:
It's astonishing that you'd say "Why haven't you given me an example?" immediately after admitting I gave you an example, which you simply dismissed.

It's astonishing that you'd say "Why haven't you given me an example?" immediately after admitting I gave you an example, which you simply dismissed.
You dont know what an example is bro... that thing you quoted is just you making a baseless statement

Lets try it this way

Is there any EVIDENCE that S/O/N works in the way you claim it does?

Back