• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Bleeding Edge has even more 5-A feats than Extremis does. Even if Extremis doesn't end up as 5-A, Bleeding Edge definitely should. Other than that though, the profile looks really good.

The weird scaling thing should come out later, as I said a few post before.

@Isaiah_ZaMangaka hey dude, add the next things to my Bleeding Edge draft.

Summary
Model 37, known as the Bleeding Edge, this armor was created as Tony Stark essentially reinvented himself and the armor. Being called an upgrade to Extremis by Mr. Fantastic, Tony Stark corrected this comment by saying, "Nah - this is what comes next."

Powers and Stats

Tier: 7-C

Name: Iron Man Armor Model 37, Bleeding Edge Armor

Origin: Marvel Comics (link the verse)

Classification: Iron Man Armor

Wielders: Tony Stark

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Flight Information Analysis, Energy Projection and Absorption, Nanotechnolgy, Technology, Hacking, Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Magnetism Manipulation, Regeneration (High-Low, repairs minor depth damage in a few panels (citation: Iron Man Vol 5 #32) Forcefield and Weapon Creation, Homing Attack, Statistics Amplification, Status Effect Inducement, Non-Physical Interaction, Resistance to Petrification, Absolute Zero, Heat and Telepathy

Attack Potency: 7-C (As a direct evolution of Extremis, being called the next step (Iron Man Vol 5 #25) it should be around the same level of power, if not stronger)

Speed: At least Massively Hypersonic+ (Should be vastly faster than previous armors)

Durability: 7-C (Should be comparable to Extremis, easily protected Stark from a repulsor explosion and covered the blast in a forcefield (Iron Man Vol 5 #31)

Range: At least a few dozens of meters with range weapons, planetary through technology

Feats:

Notable Attacks/Techniques:

As a direct technology step of Extremis it should be able to perfom all its abilities and more:
This for now, you might notice the lack of scans and citations for many of those additions, but it took me hours just making this amount of text while on phone, I didn't put everything.

I will constantly edits this comment with new things and remind you of the updates, okay?
Sure thing, I’ll have to do it tomorrow since it’s pretty late on my end, but I’ll let you know when I start and finish.

I’m not acting like I’m not going for 5-A, I’m just saying that the current discussion is specifically about the next armors scaling to Extremis.
Which leads to 5-A armors
The only armors that can actually qualify as next-gen compared to Extremis would be the Bleeding Edge (clearly portrayed as the next step from Extremis), possibly the Model 42 (Tony’s main armor for a significant period of time)
And these are the problematic *******, your point?
Why are you scaling his forcefields to his armor :v
You forgot to mention the part where he gets his ass handed to him by Anti-Man multiple times, who is the main antagonist of this series and a comparable being to Brashear.

I wonder what is legit, chance hits or basic premise.
Yeah because Sentry is a bloodthirsty monster that will always go for the kill.

In general it looks like Sentry is fuckstomping Stark but you're counting hits and not noting the overall fight, which is a REALLY BAD practice for Marvel scaling.
Holy shit Tracer, where do you get these monstrous characters who only think of ripping apart the skulls of their friends, and go max ******* strength every opportunity they get.

Were you not online or some shit when the 4-B scaling revisions were happening?
Takes hits from Hulk. (Mighty Avengers Vol. 1 #22)
Yeah for that one single instance, Hulk just decided to go "y'know what? **** Banner"
There you go.
Yeah no these scans are ******* garbage, I can find this level of shit for every 300+ appearances character

Summary
Model 37, known as the Bleeding Edge, this armor was created as Tony Stark essentially reinvented himself and the armor. Being called an upgrade to Extremis by Mr. Fantastic, Tony Stark corrected this comment by saying, "Nah - this is what comes next."

Powers and Stats

Name:
Iron Man Armor Model 37, Bleeding Edge Armor

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Flight Information Analysis, Energy Projection and Absorption, Nanotechnolgy, Technology, Hacking, Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Magnetism Manipulation, Regeneration (High-Low, repairs minor depth damage in a few panels (citation: Iron Man Vol 5 #32) Forcefield and Weapon Creation, Homing Attack, Statistics Amplification, Status Effect Inducement, Non-Physical Interaction, Resistance to Petrification, Absolute Zero, Heat and Telepathy

Attack Potency: 7-C (As a direct evolution of Extremis, being called the next step (Iron Man Vol 5 #25) it should be around the same level of power, if not stronger)

Speed: At least Massively Hypersonic+ (Should be vastly faster than previous armors)

Durability: 7-C (Should be comparable to Extremis, easily protected Stark from a repulsor explosion and covered the blast in a forcefield (Iron Man Vol 5 #31)

Range: At least a few dozens of meters with range weapons, planetary through technology

Feats:

As a direct technology step of Extremis it should be able to perfom all its abilities and more:
This for now, you might notice the lack of scans and citations for many of those additions, but it took me hours just making this amount of text while on phone, I didn't put everything.

I will constantly edits this comment with new things and remind you of the updates, okay?
Oh yea I also wanted to ask, are we having a key for the Uru add on?

And these are the problematic *******, your point?
Bleeding Edge also fights 5-As, as does the Model 42, so where’s the problem?
Why are you scaling his forcefields to his armor :v
“Forcefields”
If you look at the text box directly beneath that, it says: “Repulsor energy levels 97 percent,” and you see Stark and Doom’s hands glowing because their attacks are clashing.
You forgot to mention the part where he gets his ass handed to him by Anti-Man multiple times, who is the main antagonist of this series and a comparable being to Brashear.

I wonder what is legit, chance hits or basic premise.
It’s almost like downscaling is a thing or something.
Yeah because Sentry is a bloodthirsty monster that will always go for the kill.
I literally never implied that this was the case? You’re aware that someone doesn’t have to be going for the kill for other people to scale to them, right?
Holy shit Tracer, where do you get these monstrous characters who only think of ripping apart the skulls of their friends, and go max ******* strength every opportunity they get.
I never implied this either. You complained about me strawmanning earlier and now you’re doing exactly that. We have Hercules holding back/on Earth at 5-A.
Yeah for that one single instance, Hulk just decided to go "y'know what? **** Banner"
Zark. We literally have Green Hulk’s lower limit at 5-A, because of the revision that you made. Also Hulk had reason to actually try to take Tony down here.
In general it looks like Sentry is fuckstomping Stark but you're counting hits and not noting the overall fight, which is a REALLY BAD practice for Marvel scaling.
Shall I grab several profiles that you’ve made/revised which take one page of someone harming someone/taking a hit from them as legit?

Bleeding Edge also fights 5-As, as does the Model 42, so where’s the problem?
If they're doing this level of fighting then they shouldn't be scaling
If you look at the text box directly beneath that, it says: “Repulsor energy levels 97 percent,” and you see Stark and Doom’s hands glowing because their attacks are clashing.
...Doom doesn't have repulsors to my knowledge, I think that's attributed to Stark

In general repulsors don't scale 1-to-1 to Iron Man's output imo, his peak repulsor output has harmed characters noted far stronger than him
It’s almost like downscaling is a thing or something.
It's almost like you can downscale ******* anyone by this logic given the verse, too.

This isn't even the first time you've tried to force a scan by robbing the context
I literally never implied that this was the case? You’re aware that someone doesn’t have to be going for the kill for other people to scale to them, right?

I never implied this either. You complained about me strawmanning earlier and now you’re doing exactly that. We have Hercules holding back/on Earth at 5-A.
Tracer... real quick, you DO realize, what 5-A meant in the revision, right? Unless you're overpowering them or matching them more than just random hits, you're not scaling to them

Like if you read the revision, you'd note Sentry wasn't even listed 5-A, he was just genuinely written as 4-B, this wasn't an oversight, to scale to these hold back characters now, you have to consistently be fighting 5-As, and note the word fighting, not taking and giving chance hits.

OR you scale to people worth shit
Not enough of a reason to completely change your core moral beliefs, Hulk's been through worse in the past and still maintained
Shall I grab several profiles that you’ve made/revised which take one page of someone harming someone/taking a hit from them as legit?
Please do, yeah. I never said I was infallible, sometimes I list characters kinda dumbly because I was tired for the day or just wanted the page done, and I don't believe I have updated my REALLY old pages at all

Hell I've straight up not listed characters at 5-A or even High 8-C in the past because they happen to take hits from ******* like Spider-Man and Thor, who go on and on how they'll fuckstomp most characters if they cared a fraction, I do follow this notion (albeit sometimes I do forget about it)

...although I don't think I've done any of that after the revision, unless it's like, Doctor Strange, who I listed like that until I found better lower end feats, as I say in the revision thread itself.

Last edited:
If they're doing this level of fighting then they shouldn't be scaling
So then there aren’t consistency issues with other armors, cool.
...Doom doesn't have repulsors to my knowledge
If you meant Doom, why didn’t you say “Doom’s armor” instead of just saying “his armor”

There’s energy coming out of Doom’s hands, and it’s clashing evenly with the Extremis’ repulsors.
It's almost like you can downscale ******* anyone by this logic given the verse, too.

This isn't even the first time you've tried to force a scan by robbing the context
If it isn’t consistent, then no, you can’t.

I literally gave you the comic that the scan is from if you think I’m leaving out context.
Tracer... real quick, you DO realize, what 5-A meant in the revision, right? Unless you're overpowering them or matching them more than just random hits, you're not scaling to them
So... Stark and Doom.
Not enough of a reason to completely change your core moral beliefs, Hulk's been through worse in the past and still maintained
And this puts him lower than 5-A… why? Hulk is actually enraged here, and we’ve used Hulk (when he’s nowhere near as angry) to support other characters’ 5-A ratings before (Namor and Proxima Midnight just for a couple of examples).
Please do, yeah. I never said I was infallible, sometimes I list characters kinda dumbly because I was tired for the day or just wanted the page done
I’ll send you a list of them on Discord after I wake up

So then there aren’t consistency issues with other armors, cool
Considering I haven't read them thoroughly yet, can't be too sure
There’s energy coming out of Doom’s hands, and it’s clashing evenly with the Extremis’ repulsors.
I think you haven't read the edit
If it isn’t consistent, then no, you can’t.
Your "consistency" right now is an arbitrary distinction
I literally gave you the comic that the scan is from if you think I’m leaving out context.
You're omitting context from your face value arguments to further your points.
So... Stark and Doom.
Yes, the singular feat, with repulsors, which as said before, deadass shouldn't scale to Stark's general output.

Also do you have a confirmation that's not a Doombot btw?
And this puts him lower than 5-A… why? Hulk is actually enraged here, and we’ve used Hulk (when he’s nowhere near as angry) to support other characters’ 5-A ratings before (Namor and Proxima Midnight just for a couple of examples)
...Tracer Proxima and Namor also have other justifications too, dummi
I’ll send you a list of them on Discord after I wake up
Go for it, Tilm bothers me over it anyways :v

I think you haven't read the edit
I mean, that would just mean Extremis has ‘X physicals, up to 5-A with repulsors,’ right? That works fine imo, plus Stark’s force fields could dissipate an attack from Doom in Mighty Avengers #10.
It isn’t ever stated, shown or implied to be a Doombot, and you can see Doom’s flesh under the armor. Sentry also rips his mask off and he is captured by S.H.I.E.L.D. at the end of #11, so yeah…
...Tracer Proxima and Namor also have other justifications too, dummi
I know that dummi, I said we used Hulk to support other characters’ tiers.

Not sure if Doc. Doom's own profile needs to be revised, but on his profile it says his Doombots are 5-A to 4-B...

edit: Just realized it said those ones are empowered by an artificial Power Cosmic, but yea his doombots alone are also 5-A

I still don't get why one lower end feat is enough to outweigh several higher end feats and scalings. Every character has bad showings, but we don't judge anyone else on that. If we follow precedent on the verse, 5-A is the obvious correct choice. For example, Captain Marvel's entire Modern tier placement is based on her scalings to 5-A characters. The same is true for Namor, The Thing, Graviton, Doctor Doom, etc. None of these characters have destroyed a Large Planet, but they are Large Planet level via scaling to characters who have. And all of them scale to Extremis Iron Man. So why is Extremis the only one who is lowballed to his worst showings?

I mean, that would just mean Extremis has ‘X physicals, up to 5-A with repulsors,’ right? That works fine imo, plus Stark’s force fields could dissipate an attack from Doom in Mighty Avengers #10.
Actually a couple need to be, I've noted as far back as Model 16 can hit 5-A tier by repulsors
It isn’t ever stated, shown or implied to be a Doombot, and you can see Doom’s flesh under the armor.
Doombots can emulate that
Ok so idk how familiar you are with Doom but that REALLY sounds like shit a Doombot goes through

In general I think I may tweak Doom's scaling abit in a future thread, so likely don't use him for scaling right now if you can
I know that dummi, I said we used Hulk to support other characters’ tiers.
no ur dummi ùwú
Not sure if Doc. Doom's own profile needs to be revised, but on his profile it says his Doombots are 5-A to 4-B...

edit: Just realized it said those ones are empowered by an artificial Power Cosmic, but yea his doombots alone are also 5-A
Damn that's REALLY outdated, Doombots deadass can be as low as 8-C
I still don't get why one lower end feat is enough to outweigh several higher end feats and scalings. Every character has bad showings, but we don't judge anyone else on that.
We do, Spider-Man isn't 5-A
If we follow precedent on the verse, 5-A is the obvious correct choice.
No.
For example, Captain Marvel's entire Modern tier placement is based on her scalings to 5-A characters.
Captain Marvel's file is outdated, to the point people don't even know how to distinguish the "Modern" key
The same is true for Namor, The Thing, Graviton, Doctor Doom, etc. None of these characters have destroyed a Large Planet, but they are Large Planet level via scaling to characters who have.
Irrelevant point
And all of them scale to Extremis Iron Man. So why is Extremis the only one who is lowballed to his worst showings?
Namor has 80 years of back catalogue to fall back on, the Thing and Doctor Doom have 60, and Doom also is like, REALLY variable in tier. Graviton is an outdated file. How many years did Extremis have, 5? And it comes back with this level of shit? Model 50 did a 5-A feat ON ITS OWN in a sixth

Also "his worst showings"? Have you been READING the thread? His "worst showings" won't let him hit 8-C, a dude LITERALLY was arguing 9-B Iron Man a few messages back

Why the **** does he deserve to scale to his BEST showings then? Because you want it? NOT A SINGLE CHARACTER you mentioned in your list is scaled to their "peak", what kind of downplay is this? You're right Doom instead has feats of ******* up Tier 1s in his BASE armor, the sheer fact I'm even considering Iron Man of all characters doing shit to him, a character who gets his ass handed to him by a random Asgardian in the UPGRADED FORM of the current armor, should be enough to tell you who deserves what.

Hell Tracer himself can attest to the billions of times he has suggested to scale Thing and Namor to 4-B, they're not listed in their peak they're listed on their average, Iron Man's average from the feats shown, is WAY LESS

Actually a couple need to be, I've noted as far back as Model 16 can hit 5-A tier by repulsors
Mkay, ig I’ll wait for that then.
Ok so idk how familiar you are with Doom but that REALLY sounds like shit a Doombot goes through

In general I think I may tweak Doom's scaling abit in a future thread, so likely don't use him for scaling right now if you can
Tbh even if it is a Doombot, Sentry got bodied by its magic and Tony’s force fields blocked a blast that was both magical and plasma so ¯\(ツ)
Hell Tracer himself can attest to the billions of times he has suggested to scale Thing and Namor to 4-B
Wasn’t Namor already ‘At least 5-A, possibly 4-B’ when I was trying to upgrade Ben?

Summary

Powers and Stats

Name:
Iron Man Armor Model 37, Bleeding Edge Armor

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Flight Information Analysis, Energy Projection and Absorption, Nanotechnolgy, Technology, Hacking, Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Magnetism Manipulation, Sound Manipulation, Explosion Manipulation, Light Manipulation, Regeneration (High-Mid, the armor can rebuild from full destroyed) Forcefield and Weapon Creation, Homing Attack, Statistics Amplification, Status Effect Inducement Non-Physical Interaction and likely many more. Resistance to Petrification, Absolute Zero, Heat and Telepathy

Attack Potency: Town level (As a direct evolution of Extremis, being called the next step (Iron Man Vol 5 #25) it should be around the same level of power, if not stronger)

Durability: Town level (Should be comparable to Extremis, easily protected Stark from a repulsor explosion and covered the blast in a forcefield (Iron Man Vol 5 #31)

Range: At least a few dozens of meters with range weapons,
And energy absorption, planetary through technology

Feats:

@Isaiah_ZaMangaka I updated it.

Also please, link the powers in the Powers and Abilities, I don't link them in the comment because is a bit of a hassle.

The explosion ragdolled the armor and possibly damaged it, so idk.

Actually the Model 16 emerged from it just fine, so upscaling should be fine.

More importantly, can the War Machine Model 2 downscale? It’s stated that the Model 16 can withstand its attacks, but said attacks were able to knock it around.

I checked, and it doesn’t seem like he changed the armor. In fact, that issue and the next constantly say that the Model 16 is extremely low-tech compared to the other armors of the time.

So War Machine Model 4 is a 7-B. I believe that scales to Iron Patriot, but I’ll have to check.

Back