• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i agree with the L1C,for the 1B i still neutral.If you want then can be like L1C possibly/potentially 1B for the best choice??

There ain't no high 1-C.

Honestly, I find that "Low 1-C, possibly 1-B/Much Higher" is much better, since the endless shit could very well be hyperbolic, and they transcended an unknown amount of times.

There ain't no high 1-C.

Honestly, I find that "Low 1-C, possibly 1-B/Much Higher" is much better, since the endless shit could very well be hyperbolic, and they transcended an unknown amount of times.
The raws keep the kanji for endless (キリがない). In my view, it indicates the statement is less likely to be hyperbolic with the contexts above, and also an unknown amount of times is just an endless amount of time.

It seems ad-infinitum from the raws; I just noticed. I could see an argument made for High 1-B since all the definitions, except one for kanji, are basically infinite.

It seems that there are many people who agree with Low 1-C and the abilities addition for Yogiri and UEG so should we apply the low 1-C tier for now or we should wait for more inputs until everything get accepted?

It seems that there are many people who agree with Low 1-C and the abilities addition for Yogiri and UEG so should we apply the low 1-C tier for now or we should wait for more inputs until everything get accepted?
I think other staff's inputs are still being waited on.

This isn't accepted yet, applying some content of a CRT just because it was majority agreed upon isn't allowed, as far as I know.

No, even an uncountable set which is just an additional element(variable, letter) to the countable set(odds, evens, etc) is merely being significantly greater to the set, aka the quantity. It doesn’t change their dimensionality since regardless of where they, a countable or uncountable infinity number of 2-dimensional objects, are placed at in a 2-dimensional spatial direction. They can never equate to a 3-dimensional object since it would require for them to have depth, a dimensional axis not present in a 2-d space.
3D is literally just R^3, which is obtained by multiplying R^2 by another R.

You are assuming that the multiplication has to be bounded within the confines of the same axes when that isn't even a coherent notion. If I multiply an infinite line by 2 I would get 2 lines in 2D space, not some infinity x 2 line in the same direction.

This is literally the same as arguing that multiplying a point by 2 wouldn't give 2 points because the second point would have to be stacked at the location of the first point itself. A very weird perspective

No, even an uncountable set which is just an additional element(variable, letter) to the countable set(odds, evens, etc) is merely being significantly greater to the set, aka the quantity. It doesn’t change their dimensionality since regardless of where they, a countable or uncountable infinity number of 2-dimensional objects, are placed at in a 2-dimensional spatial direction. They can never equate to a 3-dimensional object since it would require for them to have depth, a dimensional axis not present in a 2-d space.
Quite derailing but this is wrong, especially when we treat higher infinity as a new dimensional axis and...

Quite derailing but this is wrong, especially when we treat higher infinity as a new dimensional axis and...
The link you provided is merely the continuum hypothesis which boils down to “there’s no size of infinity between the natural and real sets”.
{\displaystyle \aleph _{0}<|S|<2^{\aleph _{0}}}

So somehow adding another 2-dimensional element/variable to the already infinite set to make its cardinality bigger is equated to a new dimensional axis?

Cantor’s diagonal argument is basically how countable infinity can encompass infinite sets of countable infinity(set of odds, evens, etc), since by going a diagonal once. It would guarantee to hit every number(one to one correspondence). Although if another infinite set which composed of two variables(say BX, so it’d be XXBXX.., BXBXBX…, and XBXBX…), even if one would use the diagonal argument. There will still be an infinite set of it that didn’t got contained by the countable infinite set by reversing the components once.

Increasing, through a powerset, the cardinality of a countable infinite 2-dimensional set into an uncountable one doesn’t magically give them depth, if anything they are just innumerable greater in quantity than the former set. Yeah this is derailing, feel free to comment this on my wall if you want to continue.

Last edited:
Not reading through the entire thread but I don’t like low 1-C. Being impossible to see from 3 dimensions doesn’t refute the extra spatial dimension in the abyss being compact and the “The lower beings appears only as a character on a page” statement doesn’t seem like it was about a reality fiction difference and was more about 3 dimensional beings being flat from its perspective.

The definition of abyss is pretty clear.
It's a world where width, length, and height were complemented by additions of fifth dimension.

The statement of can't see from 3D is simply supporting statement of the fact that abyss has more spatial dimension.

Also, how did the statement of character on the page is not reality fiction difference? Are you saying character that drawn on the page are real? You're confusing character and drawing here. The characters that we draw in the page are not real, but the drawings are. And the statement specified that the king threat lower beings (in lower dimension) as character on the page not drawing on the page.

So somehow adding another 2-dimensional element/variable to the already infinite set to make its cardinality bigger is equated to a new dimensional axis?
Infinite cardinals don't work like that. Adding more elements isn't the same as reaching a higher cardinal infinity altogether.

Increasing, through a powerset, the cardinality of a countable infinite 2-dimensional set into an uncountable one doesn’t magically give them depth, if anything they are just innumerable greater in quantity than the former set.
Again, that's just wrong. 3D is R^3, and the multiplication by an uncountable set being bound in the same general direction isn't a coherent idea.
I will just quote myself

You are assuming that the multiplication has to be bounded within the confines of the same axes when that isn't even a coherent notion. If I multiply an infinite line by 2 I would get 2 lines in 2D space, not some infinity x 2 line in the same direction.

This is literally the same as arguing that multiplying a point by 2 wouldn't give 2 points because the second point would have to be stacked at the location of the first point itself. A very weird perspective

Infinite cardinals don't work like that. Adding more elements isn't the same as reaching a higher cardinal infinity altogether.

Again, that's just wrong. 3D is R^3, and the multiplication by an uncountable set being bound in the same general direction isn't a coherent idea.
I will just quote myself
About the thread if u dont mind, what are u thoughts about the Low 1-C/1-B stuff?

It's a world where width, length, and height were complemented by additions of fifth dimension.

The statement of can't see from 3D is simply supporting statement of the fact that abyss has more spatial dimension.

Also, how did the statement of character on the page is not reality fiction difference? Are you saying character that drawn on the page are real? You're confusing character and drawing here. The characters that we draw in the page are not real, but the drawings are. And the statement specified that the king threat lower beings (in lower dimension) as character on the page not drawing on the page.
Aye and our rules on the validity of dimensions aren’t (or at least weren’t) about questioning if an author is referring to spatial dimensions or not, they’re about affirming if those dimensions are compact or not.

It doesn’t prove the slightest bit but even if it did prove it was a higher spatial dimension (which I agree on) that doesn’t refute whether or not said dimension is compact.

If you seriously want to argue from obtuse, vapid semantics when the argument I gave was based on the context of the entire explanation before, your interpretation of it referring to the fictional characters themselves is incorrect because they are referred to as being “on” the page, such a preposition would not apply to a fictional character and the drawing should only elicit the creation of some ontologically lower, mental object from the mind if that’s a remotely sensible model to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back