• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

inFAMOUS discussion thread 2

You need like

An entire ocean, to cause Cole's electricity to be discharged enough for him to die

In like a non-joking manner though, it would've been a lot more believable if Bertrand trapped Cole with glass walls and flooded the room instead of metal bars he "should" have been able to easily blast open, and shoot him with guns that he can easily dodge or just block with the Frost Shield.

I see what I can find on it's range.

Also, about Ionic Drain, it seems like it drains from all nearby energy sources as well as civilians and enemies. Since Cole can use it in the middle of nowhere with no one around him and it will still completely recharge him and give him Bio-Leech Overload.

The comments are disabled, and you nearly gave me a heart attack with getting country level results from one of the Pillars

Sorry, didn't know they were disabled. I fixed it.

And that's assuming they create ice from pure energy. If we assume they create it by freezing water vapor it's only low-end Multi-City Block

I'm having a hard time trying to find the volume of the other two but they'll probably be City Block to Large Island

Bio Leech is a lethal attack

No confirmation on if it causes brain death, so we'd have to stick to Low-Mid

Well

Actually no follow up I have for that would make sense

Can someone help me with this? I'm trying to calculate Cole being thrown through a building, and the cruise missile which reduces it and the neighbouring building to rubble. I'm having a hard time trying to find the height (mostly because the building's architecture literally changes between panels), but I'm trying to scale the size of the hole using the fire escape.

C6AAA2B5-0F25-43EC-BC5D-09D7CE232CC2
F2C60A57-10B1-4A31-9EE7-24833DB9DEEC
I'm also trying to do the cruise missile using the building destruction method used here: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U.../Dreamworks:_Robot_Probe_Calcs#Attack_Potency

But again, perspective's screwed.

Bio-leech would indeed cause immediate brain death.

With issues involving electrical signals, even if minor, your heart begins to spasm and your muscles begin to convulse or weaken. What Cole does is remove all electricity from the human body, which would prevent all neurological function, shut down the heart, and prevent any reaction at all unless a passive one. (Like aura)

Effectively, it would counter Mid regen because the Brain wouldn't be damaged, it would just be a worthless lump of meat. Everything would.

If it's needed.

Bio-leech is unironically Cole's scariest ability. There's no way to resist it (aside from really high-mid regen or electricity res), and being touched would just mean instantly dying.

Sounds like it could be worth a discussion thread

I can see it countering mid regen, but at the same time, I have doubts. If some dude can regrow his whole head after having it blown off/decapitated/whatever, then he's shown that he can regrow a brain, which would mean he must be able to restart his neurological functions, at least to an extent.

New Calc idea for InFAMOUS 1.

Cole using Precision mode can view Kessler's lightning in slow motion. As well as see Kessler's flash step to his next location faster than his own lightning can dissipate. I'll try to get video of it, if someone can Calc it.

It'll probably get high MHS+. Maybe Sub-Relativistic if we're lucky.

That might work but my monitor's broken, so I can't take care of it myself

Hey guys, still making theoretical ideas for InFAMOUS games in my spare time, and thought I'd ask.

If there were to be a game adaptation of the DC Comics (I'm calling it InFAMOUS Legacy, but it may change), would you prefer it to be a DLC Campaign for a Second Son sequel or come bundled in a remastered collection?

https://www.saint-ism.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/infamous_2_hero_edition_comic_12.jpg

Found some official concept art for the InFAMOUS comic (paperback version) where it depicts Cole as being able to casually destroy an entire city block. Not sure it is calculable, but still neat.

https://pre00.deviantart.net/3f4e/th/pre/f/2010/082/d/7/d76271845205eb140375819e8b238ce4.jpg

There's also an official promotional comic for the first game (salvaged from the old website), where Cole could blow a train off it's tracks with Shockwave. Again, not sure it can be calced or if it applies to Lifting Strength or just Attack Potency.

How was bio-leech's anti-regen feat counted? Did we make a discussion thing for it?

Also I'd honestly say bundled.

Also good comic scans here. I'd say the Shockwave is lifting strength based, a good low level feat for when he's not as strong as in his later forms. And city block ain't bad but looks too hard to see admittedly

@Ciruno

Trying to find a better render so maybe the shattering of the building in the background can be calced.

Also, found some new stuff (more like noticed and pointed out) for the RFI Blast. The RFI beams are able to travel to the upper atmosphere within seconds (which should apply to RFI Cole and Base Cole as the latter could dodge said beams), probably won't exceed current ratings but a support feat for the speed of the beams.

Also, the RFI Blast was large and powerful enough to knock out a distant satellite (the view from space is from a satellite, which cuts to static and then black as it's destroyed by the blast). So maybe the RFI Blast can be calced from that in some way.

EDIT: Satellites orbit a minimum of 36,000 KM above the earth, which the explosion radius/area chart lists as High 6-A (both nuclear and non-nuclear), but it should probably be analyzed more before we jump straight there.

It's already lightspeed for being radiation, and it doesn't really make a shockwave of any kind like what we use for explosion calculations. Otherwise, not only would said satellite be knocked out, but the entirety of New Marias would similarly be wiped off the map

Back