• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

In the manga he is called God Zamas not Fused Zamasu

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally do not mind renaming a manga Zamasu page, if we have one.

Well, I can rename it if you wish then.

I don't think that we can call him "Zamas" though, as it isn't his official Japanese name.

I would also prefer a bit more staff input first.

Okay. In that case we need to rename the profiles for all incarnation of the character, and update lots of links to the pages as well.

Unfortunately, I am too overworked to handle it on my own. Perhaps you can ask a few content moderators to comment here?

Can you ask a few staff members listed in the Dragon Ball verse page to comment here, so I do not decide this on my own?

I disagree with renaming him Zamas. His name literally translates to Zamasu and is used in the official subs as well as the dubs. It is his most common name by which he is known. It's only pronounced as Zamas in japanese language.

His manga name is Zamas so I agree with the OP.

Edit - Yeah the word Zamasu is never uttered for the manga variant, only Zamas. Even the DB wiki makes the distinction between anime and manga version in terms of name.

@AKM

Thank you for the input.

@Warren

No problem.

GojiBoyForever said:
Zamasu is the universally recognized name so I say we keep that.
Universally recognized is a strectch considering I linked Toei themselves writting his name as Zamas, which means that spelling also has basis on the anime.

If his offical manga name is Zamas then it should be Zamas. What people that watch the anime call him shouldn't matter. Zamas is the offical name of the manga version.

I don't know what we're talking about as if the character had a different name on the anime and manga. Both the anime and manga version of the character are named ÒéÂÒâ×Òé╣, and Toei say that is spelled as Zamas, which is a correct translation of the given kana.

But it should by the name most people call them though.

It is preferable that the profile pages are named what the characters they represent are commonly referred as.

Well, if I update the names for all the Zamasu pages to Zamas, a lot of Dragon Ball profiles likely need to have their links updated as well, and they are largely locked.

Is somebody willing to ask some content moderators to help us out here?

His name has always been Zamas. Is there any way to make God Zamas appear when someone searches for "Fusion Zamasu"? That could solve the name popularity issue.

ArgosaxDespair said:
His name has always been Zamas. Is there any way to make God Zamas appear when someone searches for "Fusion Zamasu"? That could solve the name popularity issue.
Yes, he has always been Zamas.

We could use the correct spelling for the profiles and use the dub names as redirections. That way people who only know the characters by their dub name can just type that while the correct spelling will appear on the bar.

... Well, actually, the version of the manga I own calls him "Zamasu".

It may be because it's the official italian version, but nlike in the anime, they never change the characters' names in the italian version of the manga.

Antvasima said:
Well, if I update the names for all the Zamasu pages to Zamas, a lot of Dragon Ball profiles likely need to have their links updated as well, and they are largely locked.

Is somebody willing to ask some content moderators to help us out here?
Just to remind people of the practical work involved...

GojiBoyForever said:
Are we really about to rename all the DB profiles?
Not all of them. Possibly the Zamasu profiles though, which would require updating all of the links to them.

This thread is only about possibly renaming the Zamasu pages. Not anything else.

DMB 1 said:
... Well, actually, the version of the manga I own calls him "Zamasu".

It may be because it's the official italian version, but nlike in the anime, they never change the characters' names in the italian version of the manga.
This may be very important info for the discussion.

Maybe. I also think that it feels weird if we rename him, given that his name sounds like "Zamasu" when spoken in the original Japanese language anime series.

Ok, I'm just going to drop the subject since it's clear the Dragon Ball supporters will keep using that double standard of using the dub names while also saying the dub can't be used for scaling.

Just rename the Manga Zamas page to "God Zamasu" and end with this hypocrecy. Unfollowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back