• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Immobile Tournament Match 9 (SCP-871 vs Inferno Ring)

Aight
So like what prevents 871 from keep respawning and eventually just crush the Ring to death?

Well, sadly to the inferno ring, he will not be able to stop the cake duplication with just fire, and sinse It don't have regen, It's just a wait untill the tower is crushed under cake

yeah unfortunately, the cake takes this. At first I was gonna point out the incredibly niche fact that inside the tack shooter is an operator that occasionally pops out, but because monkeys aren't humans it wouldn't be enough anyway.

Racist cake 871 FRA

yeah unfortunately, the cake takes this. At first I was gonna point out the incredibly niche fact that inside the tack shooter is an operator that occasionally pops out, but because monkeys aren't humans it wouldn't be enough anyway.

Racist cake 871 FRA
Acctually no, that is only fanart/one profile art, there is no cannon indication that there is a monkey operating It

Acctually no, that is only fanart/one profile art, there is no cannon indication that there is a monkey operating It
That was the case for a bit, but it officially got into the game in a semi-recent update, iirc it was initially from the profile art you’re referencing. However if btdb2 is considered canon (which I’m pretty sure it is) and all tower skins are canon (which I’m pretty sure they are) then tacks now have monkeys in them ingame

That was the case for a bit, but it officially got into the game in a semi-recent update, iirc it was initially from the profile art you’re referencing. However if btdb2 is considered canon (which I’m pretty sure it is) and all tower skins are canon (which I’m pretty sure they are) then tacks now have monkeys in them ingame
Really? I didn't payed much atention to the BTDB2, can you show a picture or vídeo showing the monkey inside?
(And yes, all hero skins are cannon, IDK if BTDB is cannon trough)

Really? I didn't payed much atention to the BTDB2, can you show a picture or vídeo showing the monkey inside?
(And yes, all hero skins are cannon, IDK if BTDB is cannon trough)
Can’t immediately find an image in a match that isn’t pixilated beyond comprehension for some reason, but here’s the spot where you can get the “monkey operator idle animation” for tack shooters which has the monkey pop it’s head out the top of the tack shooter whenever it’s not shooting anything
ithur18uoq281.png

That aside, I do kinda wonder how long it would take for the cakes to overpower inferno ring’s pierce cap. Since until then it could just perpetually incinerate the cakes as they immediately reform on a nearby flat surface

When any instance of SCP-871 is consumed by a human or a collection of humans, it is replaced approximately 24 hours afterward with a similar cake. This cake will appear on a flat surface in the vicinity of the location where the previous instance was eaten. If any of these cakes is substantially damaged through any means other than being eaten by a human, including being eaten by a non-human animal, it will be replaced instantaneously. Instances recreated in this manner maintain the schedule of the original instance.

So cakes replace themselves instantly if destroyed by fire, or after 24 hours?

Furthermore, does 871 have any control over the materials or location of the newly spawned cake?

Victory Conditions: Death of the opponent, removing the opponent from the battlefield for at least one week (BFR), knocking the opponent out for at least one hour, or incapacitating the opponent by putting him in a state in which he can not harm the other fighter(s) for over a day, are to be assumed as victory conditions.

According to the OP, they start "several meters apart".
Let's say The Inferno Ring destroys a cake. How much time does it take for the cake to get to & "harm" Inferno Ring?

Because if the cake CAN'T "harm" Inferno Ring within 24 hours of the first cake being assaulted, I would count that as "incapacitating the opponent by putting him in a state in which he can not harm the other fighter(s) for over a day.".

There's also the possibility that the cakes could further be delayed by the blast waves of explosions blowing the cake(s) away.

Because if the cake CAN'T "harm" Inferno Ring within 24 hours of the first cake being assaulted, I would count that as "incapacitating the opponent by putting him in a state in which he can not harm the other fighter(s) for over a day.".
we alread discussed the "cake incapacitation" and decided that the only way to really incapacitated It is by making him not abletoduplicate the next 24H, It wwas in the cake first combat

we alread discussed the "cake incapacitation" and decided that the only way to really incapacitated It is by making him not abletoduplicate the next 24H, It wwas in the cake first combat
The cake being able to duplicate at all, even while the original nor the duplicate(s) are touching Inferno Ring, counts as being Not Incapacitated?
Even if the cake &/or its duplicates are being damaged/destroyed at the time?

The cake being able to duplicate at all, even while the original nor the duplicate(s) are touching Inferno Ring, counts as being Not Incapacitated?
Even if the cake &/or its duplicates are being damaged/destroyed at the time?
yes, sinse he is bassically in the same contition of fight he was in the start of It

So cakes replace themselves instantly if destroyed by fire, or after 24 hours?
Every instance of 871 gets instantly replaced if it's destroyed through any method other than human consumption
Furthermore, does 871 have any control over the materials or location of the newly spawned cake?
No. It displays no intelligence whatsoever (at least in article canon i have no clue about extended canon)
Victory Conditions: Death of the opponent, removing the opponent from the battlefield for at least one week (BFR), knocking the opponent out for at least one hour, or incapacitating the opponent by putting him in a state in which he can not harm the other fighter(s) for over a day, are to be assumed as victory conditions.

According to the OP, they start "several meters apart".
Let's say The Inferno Ring destroys a cake. How much time does it take for the cake to get to & "harm" Inferno Ring?
like lemon said, we've already set a precedent for incap cake which I think is fair. Also, the wording of the incap could be interpretted not as "a state in which it would take at least 24 hours to harm opponent" but rather "for 24 hours, having no means of harming opponent" which would essentially be saying that since 871 will always have the counter going, there is never a time where 871 doesn't have the means to harm the opponent. In addition to that, even with the first interpretation (however this may stretch the definition of harm a bit), there is no point at which it would take 871 OVER a day to "harm" its Inferno Ring if you count having a cake suddenly appear right on top of you as an attempt at being harmed.
There's also the possibility that the cakes could further be delayed by the blast waves of explosions blowing the cake(s) away.
if by delayed you mean the amount of time it would take for 871 to fully kill the inferno ring, that'd be correct, but irrelevant. If you mean that inferno ring can delay the exponential growth of the number of 871 instances, you would be incorrect. There is no way to slow or halt the 24 hour cycle

No. It displays no intelligence whatsoever (at least in article canon i have no clue about extended canon)
Out of curiousity, how IS it determined where the new cakes appear, & what materials they are made of then? Even if it is an exact duplicate, the cake doesn't just go & practically tele-frag itself, does it?

Out of curiousity, how IS it determined where the new cakes appear, & what materials they are made of then? Even if it is an exact duplicate, the cake doesn't just go & practically tele-frag itself, does it?
Rawdoness, the cakes are also rawdon but seen to follow a "mutation rate" every duplication

Back