• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Immobile Tournament Final Match (Wally vs SCP-871)

What if Wally eventually grows so big, that every new cake just spawns inside him?
If the cake forever only exists in Wally's "stomach" wouldn't that count as incap or BFR or something?

What if Wally eventually grows so big, that every new cake just spawns inside him?
If the cake forever only exists in Wally's "stomach" wouldn't that count as incap or BFR or something?
Well... Wally would need to be bigger them the universe, sinse the cake mass growth is faster them his

Well... Wally would need to be bigger them the universe, sinse the cake mass growth is faster them his
I mean, wouldn't Wally's growth be proportional to the Cake's? The cake is his supply of mass, after all. The more cakes spawn the more cakes he eats.

I mean, wouldn't Wally's growth be proportional to the Cake's? The cake is his supply of mass, after all. The more cakes spawn the more cakes he eats.
Well, wally don't grow whem eats a human, and also, the cakes would kind "undo" what wally ested every time they duplicate, sinse the original also comes back full

Well, wally don't grow whem eats a human, and also, the cakes would kind "undo" what wally ested every time they duplicate, sinse the original also comes back full
Well, a human compressed into a black hole would in terms of mass make a difference of less than a micrometer. Impossible to notice. Even the neutron star he consumed would make less than a millimeter of a difference.

The cake erases its remains when it disappears? I thought it is just replaced i.e. the old remains stay but a new cake is created.

Well, a human compressed into a black hole would in terms of mass make a difference of less than a micrometer. Impossible to notice. Even the neutron star he consumed would make less than a millimeter of a difference.

The cake erases its remains when it disappears? I thought it is just replaced i.e. the old remains stay but a new cake is created.
well, the cake Is said to be completly fine again If less them 90% is eaten, even if animals eat It, at least I interpret It as the cake parts forming toghether, sinse I would make 2 cakes and a little more in the duplication instead of a clear 2 cakes, you know? would be like 2,3 cakes

so here's the thing. The first cake gets swallowed then immediately replaced up to a couple meters away. Out of range. Once this happens the cake mass will grow at a significantly higher rate than Wally. Presumably Wally's growth will be from whatever cakes get absorbed then immediately replaced in range which is generally gonna be a linear rate even when there's enough cake that there's a constant stream of food for Wally. Compare this to the exponential growth of the cake mass and Wally will simply never catch up

so here's the thing. The first cake gets swallowed then immediately replaced up to a couple meters away. Out of range. Once this happens the cake mass will grow at a significantly higher rate than Wally. Presumably Wally's growth will be from whatever cakes get absorbed then immediately replaced in range which is generally gonna be a linear rate even when there's enough cake that there's a constant stream of food for Wally. Compare this to the exponential growth of the cake mass and Wally will simply never catch up
therefor incon

That's until there are enough cakes to plaster the surroundings. At that point, there will just be a constant stream of cakes that fused together under their own weight streaming into Wally.
Given Wally's absorption speed he should have no trouble absorbing basically all cakes within 24 hours at the point that that happens.
(And once Wally is multiple meter big, any cake that spawns inside him will always respawn inside him for infinite growth)
well, the cake Is said to be completly fine again If less them 90% is eaten, even if animals eat It, at least I interpret It as the cake parts forming toghether, sinse I would make 2 cakes and a little more in the duplication instead of a clear 2 cakes, you know? would be like 2,3 cakes
Idk. That would mean that destroying the cakes matter so much that it can't put itself back together would stop it from restoring itself. Like, that would mean it can't restore itself for 24hours as it can't pull its parts out of Wally.

That's until there are enough cakes to plaster the surroundings. At that point, there will just be a constant stream of cakes that fused together under their own weight streaming into Wally.
Given Wally's absorption speed he should have no trouble absorbing basically all cakes within 24 hours at the point that that happens.
(And once Wally is multiple meter big, any cake that spawns inside him will always respawn inside him for infinite growth)
Seemingly minor but actually very important distinction, growth approaching infinity, not infinite growth. Keep in mind that Wally is only able to grow ad infinitum because the cakes have the potential to approach infinite mass given the same amount of time as Wally; that is to say an infinite amount of time. We instead are interested in which grows faster between the cake mass and the black hole feeding on the cake mass. Once again this would be the difference between ~linear (not exactly since it can eat slightly more as it grows more, but generally pretty close to linear) versus exponential growth. And exponential simply wins out every time
Idk. That would mean that destroying the cakes matter so much that it can't put itself back together would stop it from restoring itself. Like, that would mean it can't restore itself for 24hours as it can't pull its parts out of Wally.
yeah 871 just works by fully and spontaneously conjuring a new instance of 871 within a couple meters of the original either immediately after the original is "destroyed" to some capacity or after 24 hours

edit: also the cakes would not infinitely spawn inside Wally once he's A couple meters across because the cakes don't spawn in the same spot they're destroyed. It can still travel through space via duplication regardless of how powerful the gravitational pull is

My look in this battle actions

Wally absorbs first cake
24 hours pass,the first cake comes back and another is formed around the area, mostly likle outside of Wally reach
the cicle continue , wally absorbing cakes and mountains of cakes forming around him where Wally can't reach,
thanks to that, Wally has always inferior height to the mountains of cake
this cotinues for a infinit amount of time
the piles of cake get larger ever time, going further from Wally, wally continue to suck the ones that spam near It
they are in a infinit stalemate

Once again this would be the difference between ~linear (not exactly since it can eat slightly more as it grows more, but generally pretty close to linear) versus exponential growth. And exponential simply wins out every time
I mean, ain't really linear at all. Like, it's approximately linear until Wally is several meters in size, yes. However, from then on, every cake that falls into Wally instantly respawns inside him after he consumes it (as cakes consumed by him respawn instantly somewhere in several meters distance from where they got destroyed, which would inevitably be inside Wally)
And that's when Wally starts growing faster and faster.
Any cake consumed by him, from the point on that he is so large that the cakes he consumes don't spawn outside him anymore, will forever respawn inside him.

As long as only 1 cake is in the loop his mass grows at 1 cake per second (or however long the cake needs to respawn and be destroyed again; using second as example)
Once he absorbs a 2nd cake his mass starts growing at 2 cakes per second.
Once he has 3 constantly inside him he gets to 3 cakes per second.
Once he has 4 constantly inside him he gets to 4 cakes per second.

So the more cake he has consumed the faster he grows, once he is that large. And the faster he grows, the faster does he consume the cake.

And that's not all. At some point, he is so large that a cake inside Wally, that duplicates, has the duplicate also spawn inside Wally (would be the case once Wally is a dozen meters or so in size). That means that every 24 hours his cake absorption rate doubles, as the cakes trapped inside him double.
That's when his grows starts outperforming the growth of the cakes.
While the cakes double in number every 24h, Wally's growth rate doubles every 24h. That's better.

I mean, ain't really linear at all. Like, it's approximately linear until Wally is several meters in size, yes. However, from then on, every cake that falls into Wally instantly respawns inside him after he consumes it (as cakes consumed by him respawn instantly somewhere in several meters distance from where they got destroyed, which would inevitably be inside Wally)
And that's when Wally starts growing faster and faster.
Any cake consumed by him, from the point on that he is so large that the cakes he consumes don't spawn outside him anymore, will forever respawn inside him.
The thing I think you're not fully getting is that the cakes don't spawn in the same spot every time. They will randomly "move" around inside Wally until they reach an edge and escape the event horizon. Then they'd probably still get immediately destroyed by spaghettification until they move out of range of that
As long as only 1 cake is in the loop his mass grows at 1 cake per second (or however long the cake needs to respawn and be destroyed again; using second as example)
Once he absorbs a 2nd cake his mass starts growing at 2 cakes per second.
Once he has 3 constantly inside him he gets to 3 cakes per second.
Once he has 4 constantly inside him he gets to 4 cakes per second.

So the more cake he has consumed the faster he grows, once he is that large. And the faster he grows, the faster does he consume the cake.
That's why I was trying to say roughly linear. The point is that its still slower than actual exponential growth
And that's not all. At some point, he is so large that a cake inside Wally, that duplicates, has the duplicate also spawn inside Wally (would be the case once Wally is a dozen meters or so in size). That means that every 24 hours his cake absorption rate doubles, as the cakes trapped inside him double.
That's when his grows starts outperforming the growth of the cakes.
While the cakes double in number every 24h, Wally's growth rate doubles every 24h. That's better.
which would be true if not for the fact that once again, a cake spawned right at the singularity (as close to the center of Wally as you can get) can summon a cake a couple meters closer to the event horizon which would be instantly destroyed and potentially summon a new cake even closer to the event horizon. The process repeats until an 871 instance successfully happens to spawn past Wally's event horizon, substantially slowing Wally's growth as well as potentially entirely escaping his current range given a few more copies

Cakes just don't have enough Dura to resist being pushed by a black hole enough to have It's location reset to the center of It after being reformed

The thing I think you're not fully getting is that the cakes don't spawn in the same spot every time. They will randomly "move" around inside Wally until they reach an edge and escape the event horizon. Then they'd probably still get immediately destroyed by spaghettification until they move out of range of that

That's why I was trying to say roughly linear. The point is that its still slower than actual exponential growth

which would be true if not for the fact that once again, a cake spawned right at the singularity (as close to the center of Wally as you can get) can summon a cake a couple meters closer to the event horizon which would be instantly destroyed and potentially summon a new cake even closer to the event horizon. The process repeats until an 871 instance successfully happens to spawn past Wally's event horizon, substantially slowing Wally's growth as well as potentially entirely escaping his current range given a few more copies
The problem with that is that the black hole will pull the cake closer to its center before being completely destroyed. Since they spawn a few meters away from where they are destroyed, not from where they spawned, they would hence at some point still spawn inside.

And if we're using stochastic arguments already, while in the early stages a cake might respawn outside Wally, it should be noted that cakes also have a certain probability of spawning inside Wally when they were priorly outside. Additionally, once it get many cakes, any new cake that spawns has a chance of pushing some other cake into Wally.

Also, consider that the cakes have a gravitational pull as well. Once the pile of cakes gets to the mass of a moon or so it will begin collapsing towards its gravitational center due to their own gravity. And where would that center be? Well, the most likely position is close to Wally, as that's where the cakes started out. So eventually the cakes gravity will push them towards landing inside Wally!

Cakes just don't have enough Dura to resist being pushed by a black hole enough to have It's location reset to the center of It after being reformed
The tidal forces at the edge of the event horizon of a black hole are actually anti-proportional to its size. I.e. once Wally is big enough the cakes can actually fall a few meters past its event horizon without being destroyed.

this is the best treath I've seen in a long time, we are discussing interstellas phisics of cakes against blackholes

Well, one thing I want to ask, does wally even has the propriet of growing whem cossuming enough mass?

2019-12-10-1135-black-hole.png

another thing, Or Wally can't consistle grab things bigger them It without having a "smaller place to grab" or this boy has black hole resistence sinse he survive a blackhole inside his pants(if the first one s true, this guy has a massive DI-)

As Yuna says here she, a mad scientist with the explicit ability to overcome physics, has developed a special cover that allows you to touch Wally i.e. prevent him from absorbing things.
It's never explicitly stated, but I assume it's that or other safety mechanisms that prevent Wally from absorbing things while in its intended container.

2019-12-02-1133-event-horizon.png

and the frst one is a true possibility, sinse Wally wanted to eat Matthew as seen here, and was show to bunce into walls into this other comic
2019-12-05-1134-wheres-wally.png

As Yuna says here she, a mad scientist with the explicit ability to overcome physics, has developed a special cover that allows you to touch Wally i.e. prevent him from absorbing things.
It's never explicitly stated, but I assume it's that or other safety mechanisms that prevent Wally from absorbing things while in its intended container.
with he wasn't, I he was rawdonly trowed out of containment by here to play hiden and seek, with he just somehow landed inside the guy pants, so unless you say she made preconcious so that wally didn't eat Matthen dick off screen...

with he wasn't, I he was rawdonly trowed out of containment by here to play hiden and seek, with he just somehow landed inside the guy pants, so unless you say she made preconcious so that wally didn't eat Matthen dick off screen...
No, look closely at Wally when Yuna is holding him. She holds a little white/translucent sphere (it's not simply Wally, as Wally is drawn black). That's the cover she means, not the gloves. What's indicated is that he is inside that sphere.
She throws him with that cover on, which is why he can just bounce around.

No, look closely at Wally when Yuna is holding him. She holds a little white/translucent sphere (it's not simply Wally, as Wally is drawn black). That's the cover she means, not the gloves. What's indicated is that he is inside that sphere.
She throws him with that cover on, which is why he can just bounce around.
oh, I didn't noticed that, well, now I made a foll of my self

ok so I would like to continue the discussion on which grows faster between the cake mass and the black hole, but first I think we've skipped a pretty important step.

Would creating an infinite loop of swallowing every single instance of 871 as it appears even be considered a wincon for Wally? After all, there wouldn't be a single moment in this fight in which at least one instance of 871 is intact.

ok so I would like to continue the discussion on which grows faster between the cake mass and the black hole, but first I think we've skipped a pretty important step.

Would creating an infinite loop of swallowing every single instance of 871 as it appears even be considered a wincon for Wally? After all, there wouldn't be a single moment in this fight in which at least one instance of 871 is intact.
Yes, isn't like one incapacitated the other, they are more like fighting forever untill the black cake hole mass consume all existence

Yes, isn't like one incapacitated the other, they are more like fighting forever untill the black cake hole mass consume all existence
I'm confused, are you saying that this scenario is enough to incapacitate SCP-871? Or are you saying they keep fighting forever? Because in the latter case that's what I'm saying and why I vote incon. The fight never ends.

I'm confused, are you saying that this scenario is enough to incapacitate SCP-871? Or are you saying they keep fighting forever? Because in the latter case that's what I'm saying and why I vote incon. The fight never ends.
Second option, they basically became a new character that is a fusion of a blackhole and cakes forever strugling to be the one that controlls that creature... Man, I want to draw this now

IMO it should be a win for Wally if all cakes end up permanently inside him from some time onwards.
Like, if Kirby or Buu or some other regular being swallows an opponent and the opponent can never escape their body and ends up being infinitely digested for all of eternity, wouldn't that be a win for them?

IMO it should be a win for Wally if all cakes end up permanently inside him from some time onwards.
Like, if Kirby or Buu or some other regular being swallows an opponent and the opponent can never escape their body and ends up being infinitely digested for all of eternity, wouldn't that be a win for them?
Well, this is a diferent situation, the cakes are infinitly going out and being pushed back of Wally, that at this point is bassically made of cake and not of "Wally", ande bare with me, would wally even grow bigger? Sinse he would allways be a singularity holding It's own mass in a infinit small point

I mean, the cakes are never leaving his event horizon from a certain point onwards IMO.

And that Wally is made mostly out of cake doesn't matter, if it's still his consciousness. Like, if two characters switch bodies the person whose consciousness controls the body in the end wins. Meaning, who a character is depends on spirit not body. (also, a cake that is crushed into a singularity isn't cake anymore)

I would argue the event horizon is part of Wally. Wally is defined as a Black Hole after all, not as a Singularity. According to wikipedia a Black Hole is the entire region of spacetime inside the event horizon.

I mean, the cakes are never leaving his event horizon from a certain point onwards IMO.

And that Wally is made mostly out of cake doesn't matter, if it's still his consciousness. Like, if two characters switch bodies the person whose consciousness controls the body in the end wins. Meaning, who a character is depends on spirit not body. (also, a cake that is crushed into a singularity isn't cake anymore)

I would argue the event horizon is part of Wally. Wally is defined as a Black Hole after all, not as a Singularity. According to wikipedia a Black Hole is the entire region of spacetime inside the event horizon.
The problem they aren't traped, the cake way to atack is multiplication, the Black hole is acelerating the process, It's like a amachine gun with infinit ammo was infinitally atacking a indestructable wall, they both would be in a stalemate, the machine gun fireing at the wall and the wall standinf still...

This is the "Spear that penetrates any shield" vs "Shield that blocks any atack" debate, isn't It?

The cake is the spear and Wally the Shield...

Back