• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Immobile Tournament Match 1 (Express Train to Hell vs SCP-871)

I would assume the Clerk is a humanoid creature so if he eat it then he win ey? If it doesn't work then the cakes would dupes itself and eventually flooded him to death.

Count me for Incon for now.

I would assume the Clerk is a humanoid creature so if he eat it then he win ey? If it doesn't work then the cakes would dupes itself and eventually flooded him to death.

Count me for Incon for now.
Can the Clerk reach 3 meters in 24 hours?

Probably. I mean, it has been standing inside its post for long periods of time and description of Instinct work includes feeding anomalies. It'll get hungry and probably grab it

Well, a normal person arm span about 1m or so and Clerk doesn't seem to move (obviously).

The starting range is 3m so it could be very difficult to reach for the cake. Even if he can't reach it, the cake can't kill him either because of regen.

I will still stand by Incon for now because both gonna have a hard time taking each other down.

Probably. I mean, it has been standing inside its post for long periods of time and description of Instinct work includes feeding anomalies. It'll get hungry and probably grab it
sorry, I don't know a lot of the terminology of the verse in regards to what it specifically means. Could you define "Instinct work" and "feeding anomalies" for me? The latter seems self explanatory, but the former I just have no clue

sorry, I don't know a lot of the terminology of the verse in regards to what it specifically means. Could you define "Instinct work" and "feeding anomalies" for me? The latter seems self explanatory, but the former I just have no clue
Basically in Lobotomy Corp, there are 4 actions you can ask your employees to do with the anomalies. Instinct work includes caring for basic needs. Insight works includes studying the anomaly. Attachment works includes listening to the anomaly's requests and taking note of them. Repression works include abusing and disappointing the anomaly.

And yes, since the clerk is human-like, it's probably given food every once in a while

Here's a better example of the works. Also I made a mistake, Insight work is observation and improvement of the surroundings of an anomaly

I see, so it needs to be given food which often involves getting close enough to frequently needing to touch anomalies which makes me think it might not be able to reach 3 meters, however it does have the ability to reach outside the cage based on the character page when giving tickets so I would entertain the idea that it can try to reach that far.

I'll say that if it can't reach the cake then I'd vote 871 but if it can reach the cake I'd vote clerk

ohhhh that is significantly more impressive than I was expecting. I'm gonna throw a vote to the train

oh actually one quick thing. We are assuming that there is only one instance of SCP-871 as opposed to 237, right?

lmao I just noticed that SCP-871 is listed as a weapon and not a character. Eh, that's probably fine

oh actually one quick thing. We are assuming that there is only one instance of SCP-871 as opposed to 237, right?
Unsure, the profile refers to all 237 as a single thing, but it could also be seen as similar to species profiles. I guess it’s be up to DT.

But the cake being the enemy doesn’t mean it would eat it until it was 90% or more gone in a day (or I guess 23 hours so the cake would be “knocked out” for an hour). If the conductor got full after eating, let’s say, half a cake, it would have no reason to believe it was on a time limit to eat the cake or that it needed to reach a certain threshold, it might leave it for later, after being reduced to half its size, the cake would probably seem pretty defeated to most people. And if it wound up damaging the cake after it started eating for any reason (for instance if it set part aside and happened to summon the train later) , it would have to start over with the eating.

How delicious is the cake?

it can range from being literally anything that the typical human might describe as "a cake" so the answer is maybe

It can fall across anything in the range of what would traditionally be considered a cake, so presumably it could be the greatest cake ever made, or a bland dry cake you need to wash each bite of down with water.

Actually, is the clerk’s light cycle always going? Or does it only happen when employees are around, cause if it’s the former, wouldn’t that mean it only had 2 minutes 30 seconds to eat the cake?

every time I think about the nature of the span of cakes my mind instantly goes to some of the wild shit that came out of BFDI cake at stake's. Case in point, this monstrosity

Actually, is the clerk’s light cycle always going? Or does it only happen when employees are around, cause if it’s the former, wouldn’t that mean it only had 2 minutes 30 seconds to eat the cake?
well if the train destroys the cake then the cake immediately creates a duplicate nearby which the clerk will then eat without hitting it with a train after learning that it can't destroy it. Alternatively, if the train BFR's then that would just be another wincon

honestly, this is like the ideal matchup, verse-wise. I've never heard of lobotomy corp. before, but it seems pretty similar in concept to SCP stuff

Do we still have 3 votes for the clerk or has that shifted by now?

Back