• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ice Queen vs Ant King

Status
Not open for further replies.
SpookyShadow said:
Doesn't matter anyway, he's not going to give mercy for someone like her
yeah

Also little new to this sight. Ive been in the debate scene before but ive never heard wincon. Whats it mean again?

It means win condition. Circumstances a character win in. For example, character A can win with character B by having some advantage, but the other one can win too by having other advantage.

So then would that mean this isn't a stomp because she does have a semi solid way of winning right?

Cause I'm pretty sure if Esdeath couldn't stop time this would be a big stomp.

Yes. Stomp happens when one side doesn't have any win conditions. This match is not a stomp, because Esdeath got advantage that is time-stop.

SpookyShadow said:
Yes. Stomp happens when one side doesn't have any win conditions. This match is not a stomp, because Esdeath got advantage that is time-stop.
Cool I hope this gets added. Would like if ma boi Meruem won something for once lol

Ironic how they finally give Meruem the respect he deserves but then his upgrades make him ridicously ******* broken so now its impossible make matches with him lol

Meruem once had many matches on his profile and was pretty popular character to make matches with. It's a shame HXH got that passive hax, but well... We can't change that.

Yeah I saw his profile back then but he had a TON of losses. I saw this thread where he fought Garou and he won that but it never got added for some reason. This was before he got upgraded

Maybe Meruem will win this one. I hope so, I like Esdeath but Meruem is one of my favorite characters in fiction and deserves some credit.

Let's wait and see if anyone got more reasons. I've written all I could already. Good thing this is going smoothly.

Right I'm back

So what was the argument for Esdeath playing around? Kinda decides the match

Welp, I only said Esdeath will at least try to fight him. She's not dicking around with full knowledge, but it's not like Esdeath just thinks "hell he will be tough with his abilities, I'll better start with Mahapadma and take away all my pleasure from testing my abilities and fighting someone potentially more powerful than I am".

Not happening. Esdeath has used it before she she's been endangered without issue, and there's no enjoyment to have in a battle if you instantly die either.

Meruem is a close ranged fighter, Esdeath is a long ranged one. She will just test her abilities until she knows it's absolutely useless. But until this happens Meruem bodies her hard. Well, teleporting and even his presence.

She has full knowledge, meaning she knows what the effects of Nen on someone that doesn't have it are.

Esdeath isn't an idiot, even if she can be willfully reckless. There's no enjoyment to have battling a dude that can kill you passively just standing around.

Saying he instantly teleports is also lacking context, when he doesn't use photon the instant he is in the base but instead when he starts a "game" with Pouf to find the people still around but with Pouf giving the King a handicap, saying it wouldn't be fun to let him steamroll with how strong he is. But it was certainly not his just first move.

And no, Esdeath is an all range fighter that just doesn't mind spamming range. In all of the manga and her countless battles, only Akame at the end of the series was keeping up and pressuring her.

This whole battle depends on if she's going to start with it or not.

Also worth noticing that to not get passively killed by Meruem's aura she will need to keep distance, Meruem could just demolish the surroundings (looking at location OP specified, it's very easy) to make her way to him be a hell and not give her too much time to finish him off in time stop. And she will need to run away even if she succeeds because Meruem is not going to instantly die. If I was able to figure it out why wouldn't Meruem

She used it when she's been in danger plenty of times. She made the technique despite her enjoying battle and has used it a lot. And a battle where she dies immediately is not a fun battle, even less reason to hesitate. You've said nothing compelling why she wouldn't use this second battle starts.

Time stop is literally instant. He won't have time to do anything. And some debris aren't gonna stop her attacks.

Tell me. Did she ever start a battle with time stop?

Also it doesn't matter if these are some debris. Still it's like almost 2 seconds of an advantage.

Now, even if I agreed with her starting with time stop. Doing anything to Meruem would require full force attacks from her. No casual attack from Esdeath could properly harm him. If he manages to survive and he likely will (seriously, even fodder Chimera Ants survived for a while after their bodies were obliterated and necks snapped or heads being cut off) he could still do something.

This question is... weird. I really don't know where you are trying to go with this. Esdeath has never had to battle someone that can literally kill her from 3 kms away just standing where he is. Not only does she know this from the start, she has been shown to use the ability when she's in danger in the past. Yes, she will use it right away, she's not am imbecile.

If she's using timestop to kill him before nen can do anything, she's going with full force attacks. Being serious enough to go for the kill but not using full force attacks makes literally no sense, I am confused what is your point.

Uh. Meruem can't kill people from 3km. He can fearhax people from 3km. He didn't kill hundreds of thousands humans by his aura even tho they were in his reach.

The argument with full force attacks meant she can't just spam her casual attacks to turn him into swiss cheese because that won't do anything to him. She can pierce his heart, cut off his head. But what if Meruem activates Ren before he hears "Mahapadma"? Feitan's sword infused with Ko was destroyed during making contact with just a touch while Zazan was infused with her Ren, so when Meruem's infusing his Nen on his vital points or the most vulnerable ones she may not be able to pierce him because of tremendous durability amp. Nen is thought based and Mahapadma needs to be shout.

Two problems with that. She just knows nen can do this, not the specifics. And since she has full knowledge, the range wouldn't matter either because she knows he can teleport, so starting far away doesn't lessen the threat.

The fact that he won't be hearing that far away, and his durability right now should be him when he's already in Ren.

Any Nen user can concentrate their aura in few or one points in body, making them immensely more durable than other ones. He never used Ren in a fight so I think his current dura is based on his base dura, if that's what you mean.

Royal guards could naturally use Nen from the moment they were born.. It is baseless to think Meruem litertally never used Ren, a basic nen technique for when you start battle, despite the fact we see the dark aura of his nen as he's fighting Netero and that Neferpitou extracted all the information she could about nen out of Pokkle's head.

Also, you are talking about.Gyo or Ryu, which focus or redistribute the bulk of one's aura to strengthen specific areas. Ren is just spiking up your aura in general for battle.

Gyo is subcategory of Ren but you are right.

Meruem had only one actual fight (we all know which one), and did he even use any Nen in it?

He didn't use any nen techniques during it, but he was for sure using nen. The dark aura around him isn't simply visualized or stylized bloodlust for sure, and I see no reason he wouldn't use nen which he can use naturally from birth. Especially so when Meruem at this point in time would likely feel it an undue insult to Netero to not even use nen. Even after losing memories waking up, he goes all out using Photon in his little race with Pouf.

I thought it was budget issues, why would they constantly draw an aura around him the entire fight?

Let's put it this way.

How many times do we see Pitou, who was born with Nen which Rammot could immediately feel and who was the one to extract the information from Pokkle, is visually shown using her Nen beyond her Hatsu?

Better yet, how many times are we visually show the nen energy of the Royal Guards, despite OBVIOUSLY knowing the techniques, having the time to learn and refine them, and in many times acting under the assumption of the King being in danger or them having to hurry and put in their all?

Idk, really. There wasn't any aura around Meruem in manga fight either. And he held back against Netero to not kill him but only injure him and make him tell his name. But it doesn't matter anyway, it's Post-Rose Meruem who has shown to be more of a Nen user than his Pre-Rose self.

When Netero made Meruem spit out blood from a single slap from his Bodhisattva? That was because Meruem wasn't using Ren. Anything after that, Meruem was definitely using Ren because he took next to no damage from any of Netero's attacks except for Zero Hand.

I mean, unless you wanna assume that dark aura that comes out of his body a few times through the fight is just bloodlust every single time... Not to mention, again, even assuming, it makes no sense for Meruem to use no Nen at this point.

If it was accepted as a teleportation, Then why it is used as a speed feat in his profile as well?

"Massively Hypersonic (His speed increased to 3 times the previous value. Went to Knuckle and Meleoron's location the moment they registered on his En and knocked them out in an instant.)"

Someone fix this.

I honestly think it's a pure speed feat. And the statement of his speed being increased 3 times back up that feat as well. If he teleported it should be at least mentioned from the narrator imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back