• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Meruem vs the Doom Slayer

00potato didn't actually vote, he just made a statement, and I already said why I didn't count Duedate8898's vote.

We have hadany, many discussions about effect vs cause. Sorry to say this, but this isn't a matter of interpretation. Just go to Itachi vs Dante for that whole thing, I don't care to repeat it over and over again.

It's the effect you resist, not the cause. That's simply how it is.

That doesn't matter. Not unless you make a crt to change the standards, which will need to wait past the transfer of the wiki.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
That doesn't matter. Not unless you make a crt to change the standards, which will need to wait past the transfer of the wiki.
No I get it most people on the wiki share the same opinion on the matter. And I disagree with it. Meruem wouldn't be able to see what doomguy would do next with his precognition because the makyrs has the same thing, just on a higher level. Muscle twitches, logistical patterns, cognitive bias, etc are all just minor parts of what the makyrs can observe. The statement says they see everything within the possibilities with omniscient clarity. But my opinion is the minority, it's the majority opinion that rules.

The reason I say the BFG would oneshot is simply because of how hot it actually is.

"This produces an exothermic reaction where recorded temperatures within the plasma have exceeded previously accepted theoretical limits. Through a process not yet fully understood, Argent plasma remains stable and self-contained throughout."

And it's confirmed the BFG fires superheated Argent plasma, so.

Doomguy stomps.

Jangles211 said:
No it hasn't, I sincerely doubt meruem can tank planck heat temps lel.
And the BFG doesn't have that. There is one plasma weapon that is mentioned to reach that, but bfg specifically only vaporizers body fluids while the body itself explodes into gore instead of being violently vaporized or reduced to plasma.

The strands on the BFG should hit him.

Not really, "No limits fallacy. The no limits fallacy is the illogical idea that a poorly understood phenomenon can be extrapolated to infinity or assumed to not have any maximum value or threshold." There is nothing being extrapolated here, argent plasma literally is stated to go beyond theoretical limits of heat, sorry but thats just reality dawg.

And the BFG doesn't have that. There is one plasma weapon that is mentioned to reach that, but bfg specifically only vaporizers body fluids while the body itself explodes into gore instead of being violently vaporized or reduced to plasma.

The BFG vaporizes demons, who themselves have argent plasma coursing through their veins, and have insanely high body temps.

It doesn't vaporize them. It makes their body explode due to the liquids vaporized, things besides the liquids don't get vaporized.

The reality of him not being hit by something so obvious, the strands could hit him, and? They are not the main attack. And a 8-A weapon specifically hurting 7-B character... well, that's not happening

This has actually been retconned as of Doom eternal.

"The BFG-9000 remains the most powerful weapon ever designed by the UAC, releasing a projectile of pure boiling Argent Plasma. The sphere of superheated energy undulates as Argent tendrils lash out, drawn to nearby organic material an immediately producing a fatal explosion from within."

"The weapon of choice for Sentinel marksmen. It is said in Sentinel battle lore that a single battalion of archers defended the walled city of Illkana for ten days and ten nights, armed only with their Ballistas. A precise weapon, the Ballista fires a twin beam of superheated Argent, vaporizing it's target on impact."

^a ballista vaporizes demons, the BFG is superior to that.

Regardless demons HAVE an extreme internal heat, so it's irrelevant either way.

SpookyShadow said:
The reality of him not being hit by something so obvious, the strands could hit him, and? They are not the main attack. And a 8-A weapon specifically hurting 7-B character... well, that's not happening
The "8-A" weapon would be hotter than anything Meruem has ever faced.

Do you know how heat works? He would get his innards vaporized and alas he is not like a demon and has no argent running through his veins, it might turn out far worse for him than just that.

So he was almost vaporized then, not helping your case bro.

Argent plasma temps>Nuke, especially since nuclear bombs only attain that heat for a fraction of a fraction of a second

Yes, because he has full knowledge on his weaponry in the OP. Even without that, his thousands of men worthy intellect living in our times would probably deduce what a weapon is.

You absolutely don't need to be faster than something to dodge. Actually Meruem already dodged things faster than himself (aka. Netero's Bodhisattva hands). With his level of agility I can see him easily dodging.

SpookyShadow said:
Yes, because he has full knowledge on his weaponry in the OP. Even without that, his thousands of men worthy intellect living in our times would probably deduce what a weapon is.

You absolutely don't need to be faster than something to dodge. Actually Meruem already dodged things faster than himself (aka. Netero's Bodhisattva hands). With his level of agility I can see him easily dodging.
Where is it said he has full knowledge? Yes deduce but can he deduce the exact use? Will he think its a laser only for it to sprout tendrils that catch him off guard? And then vaporize him on the spot?

In this case you do need to be faster since tendrils track out any and all organic matter.

AOE? Not really, it's basically a powerful plasma ball that releases strands of energy around it which is weaker than the plasma ball itself.

That is what an AOE means, it effects an area LMAO.

Even though the individual strands are weaker than the originating plasma ball, that won't stop the strands from vaporizing his ass, if the BFG can do the same to a demon who has immensely higher body heat then sorry but dude is done.

Show me a one example of BFG strands instantly vaporizing something that is beyond 8-A. In DOOM 2016. Because you can't instantly vaporize the ass of any boss.

Irrelevant, physical durability doesn't make your heat resistance automatically superior. What kinda ass backwards logic? The bosses have higher levels of heat resistance than their underlings obviously, hell the 2nd bosses can exist inside lava with no damage whatsoever.

Back