• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ICC Cricket T20 World Cup 2024 Discussion Thread

ICC T20 World Cup 2024
I mean we had FIFA World Cup 2022 discussion, We had WWE Wrestling event discussions.
Cricket is 2nd most popular sport in the world. Cricket has a dedicated following of about 2.5 billion fans and for a comparion Soccer has roughly 3.5 billion fans worldwide follow soccer according to estimates.

This years T20 World Cup is taking place in USA and West Indies. United states teams up with the Caribbeans to host ninth edition of the T20 World Cup 2024 !!!
h15k3MG.png

The tournament will be contested by a record 20 teams, an expansion from 16 teams at the 2022 tournament; they will include the two hosts, the top eight teams from the 2022 edition.

Welcome everyone, simple rules:

• No political topics
  • Follow VSB rules
  • Memes allowed

Interesting facts about T20 World Cup 2024:​

• Baseball is a dominant game in USA but the first ever international Cricket game was indeed played by USA vs Canada in 1844 and YUP first match of This year's 2024 T20 World Cup will indeed be Canada versus USA on first June. Talk about a blast from the past.
  • This will be the first time ever USA will be hosting a cricket world cup as ICC plans to promote cricket in USA
  • Nassau County International Cricket Stadium is a It is a modular stadium with 34,000 capacity, which serves as a temporary venue for the 2024 ICC Men's T20 World Cup as USA don't have major cricket stadiums

Format:

The 20 qualifying teams have been divided into four groups of five teams; the top two teams in each group will advance to the Super 8 round. In this stage, the qualifying teams will be split into two groups of four; the top two teams from each group will qualify for the knockout stage, which will consist of two semi-finals and a final.

Teams:

The top eight teams from the 2022 tournament and the two hosts qualified automatically for the tournament. The remaining two automatic qualification places were taken by the best-ranked teams in the ICC Men's T20I Team Rankings which had not already secured a place in the finals, as of 14 November 2022. The eight remaining places were filled via the ICC's regional qualifiers, consisting of two teams from Africa, Asia, and Europe and one team each from the Americas and the East Asia-Pacific groups. The 20 teams playing are listed below:
0FB3Sxy.jpeg

Squads:

Main article: 2024 ICC Men's T20 World Cup squads

Stadium and Venues:
UyV2bZn.jpg
2QP6dK4.png

Groups:

akWnvaU.jpeg

Matches:

GVvw9KI.png

Points Table:
x8ocFvW.jpeg

yIrJqmA.jpeg

nJqiOq7.jpeg

RtBPVWW.jpeg

Points Table:
406V3l8.jpeg

Theme Song (Official By ICC)

Last edited:
Will be posting some clips from United States TV channels seems like most people don't know about this is major event in USA.

Last edited:
I swear if this game were to washed out ICC would never go to the United States for the cricket tournament ever again.

Disappointment from Ireland and Scotland again during one of the last three warm up games that happened yesterday.

Screenshot_20240601-121929.jpg

Afghanistan vs Scotland Warm up T20 World Cup 2024

Last edited:
I'm not surprised why people are picking West Indies they have been in really really destructive form and the fact that they defeated Australia and a score over 250 runs Dad just goes to show you that they're on a different level. Even though it was a warm up game, it felt like an actual game and I kind of hope West Indies and Australia were in the same group but of course ICC is not going to allow that.

West indies vs Australia Warm up 2024 T20 World Cup

Last edited:
Supporting my country Pakistan to take the crown this tournament. Been over a decade since we last won, hopefully this year is the year

Ma bhi Pakistan se hoon but Associate teams ko zada support karta hoon. Best of luck to all.
Also I didn't know this.
now I wanna buy it 😭

Match 1
USA local time:
Saturday, June 1, local time (8:30 p.m. local time / 9:30 p.m)
India and Pakistan time:
5:30 am/5 am
02062024ICCT20WORLDCUPUSAVSCANADACOMINGUPY2024M-landscape-poster-v1.jpg
Screenshot_20240601-124353.jpg

much higher for tonight's game after USA defeated Bangladesh few days ago, I think this is going to be a pretty good opener hopefully the weather will not interrupt the game.
Canada has also shown to be very destructive against Nepal in their opening warm-up game let's see how they will do in a first time ever T20 World Cup match.

Last edited:
T20 World Cup 2024 Match 1
USA vs Canada
Winner: USA

absolutely monster SIXES left and right throughout the ground from Aaron Jones. This man hit 10 SIXES handmade the target of 194 look like a piece of cake USA chased it down in just 17 overs.

Man of the match: Aron Jones

Highlights 👇

Group A Points table after Match 1.

Screenshot_20240602-093100.jpg

Last edited:
Back