• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

WrestleMania 39 Goes Hollywood General Discussion Thread

Overall, I think Night 1 of WrestleMania was an 7.5, maybe 8/10.

Theory vs Cena had a lot of heat with some decent storytelling, and it did an alright job in making Theory look strong. I just wish the match was given another 5 or so minutes. Cena could've at least hit an AA that Theory would've kicked out of. It was still decent for what it was. Twitter is overreacting.

The Fatal 4-Way Tag was exactly what it was supposed to be. It was just fast-paced fun. Yes, the match exists just so they can get more people on the card, but it was still a blast. Chad Gable hitting that roll-over German Suplex on Braun fricking Strowman was a sight to see, and Ricochet's Shooting Star Press was a thing of beauty. The Street Profits were the somewhat obvious popular winners. Fun match.

Logan Paul vs Seth Rollins might be the match of the night for me. It was flawlessly done. Logan Paul once again shows he's better than most wrestlers in the industry despite being an outsider, and I 100% think he should renew his contract with WWE. Logan and Seth have great chemistry, and the storytelling in this match was solid, with Seth doing severe damage to Logan's titanium hand (which should probably be Bodily Weaponry). I had a weird feeling about the Prime mascot at ringside. He had no business being there, and it turns out my suspicions were right, because KSI was the Prime mascot the entire time! I thought that was a cool ass twist, and the Frog Splash spot was done perfectly, as well as the near fall. I genuinely thought Seth won after that Pedigree. Also, Seth sold that One Lucky Punch to perfection, and Logan sold his hand injury well, too. This was a great match.

The 6-Woman Tag was probably my least favorite thing on the card (besides something else, which I'll get into later). Trish Stratus was the highlight of the match (in more ways than one), but other than that, the match was just average. Nothing special at all. Damage CTRL lost all of their credibility, too. They gotta break up atp. No one cares.

Rhea Ripley vs Charlotte Flair was a really solid match. I didn't care much for the build, but I had a feeling the match was going to be decent. Turns out the match exceeded my expectations. There was a lot of good near falls and counters, such as Charlotte countering Rhea's Riptide into a beautiful-looking DDT. Of course, Rhea winning was the right choice. Solid match.

The Pat McAfee and Miz shit was so unnecessary. They could've left that shit out to give more time to Theory vs Cena. I didn't like this at all.

And of course, the main event. What a match. The action in this match wasn't anything insane, but it didn't need to be. It was all about the storytelling, which this match excelled in. Sami and Kevin's heart and will were on full display here, prime examples being Sami being the first person to kick out of the 1D, and Owens kicking out of the Double Splash. What a story this match told. This match basically confirmed that Roman's getting dethroned at Night 2 imo, and the reaction to that will be insane to watch (so will the pyro and the 2.9999 false finishes). Overall, a great match. Possibly match of the night.

Me realizing I forgot to talk about Rey Mysterio vs Dominik Mysterio.

But yeah. That match was really solid, too. Dominik's entrance was cool, but funny at the same time, and Rey's entrance was a great tribute to the late, great Eddie Guerrero. The action was solid, storytelling was solid, too. Just a really solid match overall. Rey spanking Dom was the highlight for sure lol.

Theory knew what he was doing too when he held that shit there for a few more seconds to hear the crowds' reaction to it, too.

Still wasn't as bad as him literally biting Cena's ear lol.

The biting was way less disrespectful than the low blow, especially after Theory SHOULD'VE lost that shit but the ref was to busy groaning to notice the count.

But yeah that's all I had to say.

I didn't watch the rest of the matches. Probably will tune in completely tomorrow night for the next matches.

At least I had someone to talk to.

Pika's on hibernation right now (probably extremely busy IRL), so I've got really no one else to talk to.

I haven't actually been to Wrestlemania in person in forever. It never really comes to my part of the U.S.

My dad was sooooo salty he didn't get to go to this one lmao.

I would like to say that Theory did a damn good job at being the heel here.

He was getting hella boos during the match.

We also have to consider the fact that Cena is a busy guy with a hefty schedule (I think he's in the middle of filming something), so it makes sense that this match was kept short and sweet to protect Cena from getting injured.

Omos vs Brock was decent.

Womens tag was pretty bad.

Gunther, Sheamus, and Drew are putting on a banga!

Back