• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I NEED MORE SPEED!!! - Ruby vs Kirito

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xmark12

FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Ruby Rose

vs

Kirito

Rules:

• Post-Time Skip Ruby vs Comosite Kirito (Excluding Alicization)
  • Speed unequalized.
  • In-character.
  • Win by whatever they would do in-character to win (Except for death! More on this on the next point).
  • The situation is a tournament. Let's say verse equalized and this is a situation where a tournament between these two can happen.
  • The battle takes place in the Vytal Festival Tournament Arena:
    Tournament arena basic
Music:

Neutral Battle Music

Ruby's Battle Music

Kirito's Battle Music

Score:

Ruby: 5

Kirito: 2

Inconclusive: 2

RWBY4-ruby-3
Kirito ALO2 copy

Higher normal combat speed, Starburst Stream is a ton of free hits on her aura. But Ruby is faster with her semblance and is more expirienced.

Probably, inconclusive, could go either way.

Starburst Stream is faster but the actual movement is predictable with large windups, also like all his sword skills it has a stun lag at the end. I'd actually say he's better off chaining with smaller movements like slant/horizontal (increased speed, low lag, high stun on opponent), sonic leap (much much higher speed w/ a charging dash), and at max 4-hit-combo moves to minimize his frozen time.

Ruby will probably take this though, b/c she's going to have a consistent speed boost with her semblance and has much higher mobility (again Kirito's best moves have a stun lag effect on himself and chaining them consistently is extremely difficult not to mention Ruby's recoil methods to change direction in midair will throw off his predictive abilities), adaptability (again Kirito is used to a formulaic pattern form of combat against NPCs or people with a set range of skills which he's built up experience reading - Ruby completely breaks this trend), range (sniper rifle scythe), and reach (this one is actually debatable b/c hers is a traditional scythe not a war scythe so she has to get closer to use it effectively).

Alright, so 1 - 0 - 1. I also want to emphasize that the GeoCrawler (The boss that gave the SAO chars the High 8-C feat) was the floor 56 boss. Kirito got much stronger since then, hence why he's "At least" High 8-C, so he's unquantifiably above baseline.

Wouldn't it be fairer if it's the other Kirito? The one with fairy wings and his other more useful abilities? As it is Kirito's set is very limited and maybe could use the actual abilities from his second key.

He may gain an ability advantage, but he'd lose his speed advantage. If it'd really make the fight more fair though, then New Aincrad Kirito can be used.

Xmark12 said:
He may gain an ability advantage, but he'd lose his speed advantage. If it'd really make the fight more fair though, then New Aincrad Kirito can be used.
You could've used like, Composite Kirito minus Alicization.

Ruby is 1.63 times faster so that makes up for any significant AP advantage Kirito might have.

Yeah pretty much. Against any other opponent I'd say Kirito could keep up with his prediction abilities but he's never fought anyone with such well integrated long and short range weaponry and the ability to change direction in midair so that'd throw him off. Also, like I said his moves stun lags are even worse for him.

If it was ALO he'd actually do better, b/c then he has area of effect sword skills with stun and freezing abilities which can mess up Ruby's abilities.

Changing this to New Aincrad Kirito then (but with the seriousness of his old Ainrad self), gonna see how that'll work out.

Eeeh.... it can work but I feel like it'd tip the favor to Kirito. I'd like to try and keep it balanced.

Ruby fra. She's also frankly more skilled than Kirito.

Also, I think her aura gives her better resiliency than Kirito, who can still have limbs amputated

Well better a Comp than earlier.

With this new upgrade, Kirito now has aerial superiority and a possible weapon on getting through that barrier Ruby has regarding Aura. Smokescreen based attacks are especially useful on making quick get aways and landing a few good hits. Illusion of that monster can really mess up Ruby. Though with that said Ruby still has ranged attacks, though now Kirito can deal with them with much more ease thanks to GGO feats. His illusion is still better to avoid using but now Kirito has elemental feats at least. Experience is tricky to say but shouldn't be the judging call.

On another note, regarding unpredictability, Kirito has faced numerous human enemies before. I'm surprised as to why you'd say he's not capable of facing any non AI opponent, but with that in mind he's not gonna be overwhelmed. He's fought an army that is unbeatable and actually managed to really put a dent on them, not even another army of MMORPGers can best them with a large amount of prep time. Kirito's issue with Semblance is also negated thanks to flight, since Kirito can pull off keep away. Regarding the flight limit, there's none anymore after the season 2 ending so it should be updated. He can also pull off what Ruby does regarding 'unpredictability' anyway.

In the end I'd say a tie though.

Now that the vote was reset b/c we're using composite Kirito I'll actually go with composite Kirito b/c of his elemental type areo-of-effect sword attacks from ALO, which can actually stun/freeze his opponent from moving (eg,. Lightning Fall, Savage Fulcrum, Serration Wave, etc.), leaving Ruby open to him chaining his sword skills allowing for massive damage, and his mobility/hiding spells which help negate Ruby's speed advantage.

Again, it'll be close though as Ruby still has far better ranged attacks, a speed advantage, and Kirito is more used to fightning NPCs or people using a more formulaic system of combat (which he is a master of) so he'll be thrown off slightly at first especially by Ruby's recoil midair direction changing slashes (though Ruby also has never faced sword skills so will be suprised by the increased speed/elemental effects).

@COB

Actually though the monster thing would probably be the worst thing he could do. He doesn't have a weapon anymore, Ruby was trained to fight giant monsters, he can't use sword skills or spells, and he loses his aerial advantage/ability to retreat out of heavy combat.

Actually the monster thing was apparently just an illusion? It's a bit confusing but nothing really changed for Kirito apparently but then again that does make sense.

Also solid votes, I think that kinda shuts down many of the previous points so it's likely people can just use the FRA. Switching to Kirito

Issue is Kirito has a tendency to pretty much ignore those types of attack via magic negation (which with or without verse equailzation would equate to a supernatural attack), or simply breaking through it like any specialized elemental attack. Or well, dodging it.

Except that Magic and Dust are two very different things even in RWBY, all of the Maidens thus far have demonstrated that. Ruby can also freeze him with ice Dust. Also her semblance tornado to knock him off balance

Except they act in a similar phenomena not to mention my others point of it working anyway considering it's intercepting projectiles.

Easy flight of getting away or intercepting an attack head on.

No, they really dont, there is a strict distinction of them opperating completely differently. Verse equalization wouldnt make him able to negate Dust. Intercepting it with his weapons gets him electrocuted, frozen, or blown up.

Post Timeskip Ruby can fly too, and unlike Kirito's her flight is spammable and makes her able to speedblitz him due to the massive speed amp she gets from it

Yup but that doesn't stop anyone from intercepting them without suffering too extensively. Or you know like I said numerous times earlier. He can dodge them. Because you know, he likes to dodge too.

Kirito's flight is limitless too at the end of the series. Already found out about it, and even I was a believer of that initially.

Intercepting them gets his sword ald likely himself frozen or gets him electrocuted and stunned. Dodging them gets him caught in the AoE, even against her Gravity Dust ammo he'd need to be a good ways away from it to avoid being caught in the shockwave it produces, let alone the ice or fire resulting from those Dust bullets.

Unfortunately for him though, trying to play keepaway with flight means he has no way of actually attcking her as he has no ranged options, he'll just be hanging in the air doing nothing. And being able to fly doesnt remove Ruby's massive speed amp via her own flight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back