• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I NEED MORE SPEED!!! - Ruby vs Kirito

Status
Not open for further replies.
>No proof of going through walls or attacks

Yeah, because its not full intangibility, its ELEMENTAL intangibility, Logia intangibility, she disperses into a cloud of rose petals. Dodged yes but trying to intercept her will be a effective at trying to intercept a cloud coming at you. And i can show you around two dozen instances of her using her semblance in the two actual fights we've seen her in.

Weiss has been training since she was a child to live up to her family name, Blake has been training since she was a child because she was forced to in order to survive, Yang has been training since a child in her journey to find her mother, and according to her backstory, Ruby has been training basically since she and Yang were saved by Qrow which is what inspired her to want to become a huntress, going on to train directly under Qrow himself for years. So yeah, the girls all have combat training going back to their childhood.

I wouldnt call all of these instances of her using her semblance i fights "rare", and these are from her later fights, in character. She spams her semblance a lot and uses it to blitz around in character.

Crescent Rose functions just as effectively close range as it does long range, her fight with the Beringel shows that. And limited =/= low quantity, one clip of gravity rounds held over two dozen bullets. Ruby has been training with Crescent Rose since she was in Signal Academy and got training from arguably the most skilled scythe wielder on Remnant.

@Xing I thought his healing from SAO as just because the opponents he was facing were way weaker than him? Youre referring to the scene where a bunch of lower level guys were ambushing him all at once and he was healing faster than they could damage him yes? Or something else?

@Weekly - Just clarifying for future reference, he has an actual skill for it called battle healing. It's just that it's only low-mid Regenerationn, so while it makes him pretty much invincible against people weaker than him, it's more of a way to draw out the fight against Ruby or opponents of similar tier. It's still quite a bit faster than aura healing but his main advantage would have been healing items. Also note, that training is not the same as life/death experience which is far more effective in developing live combat skill so that actually wouldn't play a major factor.

Meh, would've been a stomp otherwise.

...Now I'm wondering how far Alicization Kirito could go in the RWBY verse.

None of them are stopping him from flash freezing everyone in his aoe, most likely.

That said, how would Ruby react to a sudden giant smoke bomb to the face (Kirito's vision is completely unhampered btw), followed by elemental swordspam?

@Gemmy By semblancing out of it as soon as it happens, she's no stranger to smokescreens and not only does she know how it affects enemies as shes used it against enemies in order to defeat them (The Paladin) but she knows what will happen if she doesnt get out asap (The Beringel)

Unless she experienced it beforehand, she'd probably have the same reaction as anyone else. Get surprised the first time, and then Semblance out. Possibly being tagged the first time, considering smokescreen gets at your eyes.

Is this over yet?

Kirito does have better stats Weekly but I'm not gonna get in to it.

I've seen everything RWBY has to offer and I've never seen her have intangibility. Got a link for that? Perhaps I missed something. She gets hit out of her roses form and has never proven she can ignore matter while in it. She uses it to dodge and reposition.

But my vote's already been in so if it's over just add it and close it.

@Rune Its Elemental intangibility, the kind that one piece Logic users have, she disperses into a cloud of rose petals

inconclusive fra, its worth mentioning that she doesent use intangibility in a defensive manner, instead attacking head on, and no, logia can have half of the material they are made out off completly destroyed with no negative effect, to assume her petals would be unaffected to being destroyed because logia can survive that is false equivalency

I think I'm going to Inconclusive too as they kinda feel very very close with minor advantages over one another

Swapping to inconclusive too in that case.

And yeah, I always question when Ruby uses intangibility as a defensive ability anyway. Votes are updating.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
Swapping to inconclusive too in that case.
And yeah, I always question when Ruby uses intangibility as a defensive ability anyway. Votes are updating.
dhe did once i think, but it was more to attack than to counter an enemy attack

From order of Ruby, Kirito, and Tie

8 (Bruce, Weekly, David, Mickey, Darkdragon, Poinciana1971, Arrogant, Zephyr)

2 (errorsaness, Rune Katashima)

5 (Gargoyle One, Xing, Risci, Shadow, Core)

Having restrictions and a match too close to call by 3 votes... Might not be added. Or was it a tie...

Yeah b/c of the restrictions they sort of cancel each other's advantages out, actually even with foreknowledge they each still cancel each other out really well. It's a matter of who can get the other to play to their own advantages first, with the first clash favoring neither, so it's highly difficult to tell who would win.

@Weekly - Could you answer my question about whether elemental attacks/status effects will still affect her when intangbile? Physical attacks obviously don't but would say an explosion's heat? Freezing the petals? Or do we not know yet? Serration wave is an AOE status effect sword skill which focuses entirely on stunning the opponent different from his elemental skills. Again this is for future reference.

XING06 said:
@Weekly - Could you answer my question about whether elemental attacks/status effects will still affect her when intangbile? Physical attacks obviously don't but would say an explosion's heat? Freezing the petals? Or do we not know yet? Serration wave is an AOE status effect sword skill which focuses entirely on stunning the opponent different from his elemental skills. Again this is for future reference.
I'm pretty sure they still affect her. It's not like her intangibility allows her to go through flames.

@Xing Depending on the attack she can potentially disperse around it, but she's still protected by her aura when using her semblance so elemental attacks wouldnt do much more than any other attacks, though she'd still be able to feel it.

@Weekly - Hmm thanks that means that status effect attacks would work and elemental-based stunning might.

so, wanted to ask, do we call death of god on semblances not working with aura down? I could see why if we did, just asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back