• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I jump on the Spamwagon with an old man with a bag and an evil wishgranter.

The Great Death's power is literally the power to cause wars and catastrophes. Preventing wars that the Great Death is causing IS opposing the Great Death's power.

WeeklyBattles said:
All of them would either die or the Brothers would return him to fighting Calypso

The page does not take priority, never has, and never will.
Since when?

The pages are quite literally the main/original source of canon for the SCPs, and the tales are supposed to be based around them, not overrule them completely. Saying the original page just "doesn't apply" if something comes along and contradicts it goes against pretty much every form of common sense imaginable.

In fact, this was already discussed back when someone tried to have Batman fight 871. The same conclusion was reached then too; if it directly contradicts the page, it's disregarded.

Since always. The articles serve as just a basic outline, while the extended media such as tales flesh out the characters and their abilities. 1440 didnt have any 1-B stuff in his article, does that mean we should just disregard it? No, it doesnt, because disregarding it wouldnt make any sense whatsoever.

The 1-B stuff doesn't contradict the fact that he walks around with a bag, a set of cards and a glass cup.

Him causing people to die the moment they come near him directly contradicts the fact that his anomalous effect is supposed to take a few days before it manifests itself.

Not really, even in 1440's article it mentions how over the course of two days being in containment, three of the four on-site water purification filters broke down, multiple people died when a hangar collapsed, and a Doctor that was in perfect physical condition suffered a complete collapse of both kidneys and both lungs simultaneously.

Hell, even during the interview with 1440, within the first few seconds of coming in contact with him, 1440 mentioned how the Small and Great Death were getting ready to kill the doctor interviewing him.

People dying shortly after coming in contact wwith 1440 isnt at all contradictory.

"Over the course of two days" is still not people dying the moment they meet him.

And he didn't mention the Small Death. He mentioned the Second, the Great Death. And that was right before the on-site nuke exploded and killed everyone but the Old Man himself. Which was the penultimate result of him having stayed within everyone's vicinity for those same two days. It had nothing to do with having just met the doctor interviewing him.

"SCP-1440: Of course I do, and applaud you for still attempting to contain me, but since your last three attempts I came to realize you cannot help me. It would be best if you let me go, for your own good. The First Brother is already standing behind you, Doctor, you would best hurry.

Dr. ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê: You mentioned these brothers before, three if I recall correctly.

SCP-1440: Three, Aye. Different, but one and the same. All cruel, all vengeful, all capable of holding a grudge for a long time. They are the cause of my misfortune, and therefore the cause of yours. [Subject appears to notice something behind Dr. ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê, though video and audio feed reveal nothing unusual.] The Second Brother joins the First, time is running short. Release me, or I cannot vouch for your safety. It might already be too late."

He directly mentions the Small Death (The First Brother) and the Great Death (The Second Brother)

SCP-1440: [Shakes head.] The Third never appears. In that, he is crueler than both his brothers, for he knows his appearance is the only thing that will set me free. I have spent time untold searching for him, trying to return his prize and those I won from his brothers, but to no avail. [Subject looks behind Dr. ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê again, sighs] The Second has his hands on your shoulders, it is too late now. Doom is never far behind the Second. Before you perish, my poor child, allow me to give you a word of advice.

Dr. ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê: Go ahead.

SCP-1440: Should you choose to challenge Death to a game of cards for your life, there is one thing you must never do.

Dr. ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê: And what is that?

SCP-1440: Win.

<End Log>

Closing statement: At that moment, the on-site nuclear device stored in Area-142 detonated, despite multiple failsafes. Area-142 was destroyed and all on-site personnel were killed. SCP-1440 was spotted more than three thousand (3,000) kilometers away from Area-142's location a week following its destruction, suffering no apparent harm. After three additional containment breaches, attempts to contain SCP-1440 have been suspended indefinitely.

Referred to the Second (the Great Death) "having his hands on the doctor's shoulders" mere moments before the nuke exploded. The First (the Small Death) did nothing; it was the Great Death who caused that catastrophe, and the catastrophe itself had nothing to do with the doctor, as it affected everyone on the site, not just him.

Of course, it doesn't really matter in the end, since I've realized that the only reason this is even being discussed is because the OP allowed 1440's Type 8, which is normally supposed to be restricted by SBA.

Type 8 is only banned when the opponent can't get around it.

Calypso can easily get around it.

Via just simply not killing them, and BFRing him in a way that the Brothers Death won't care to fix.

No one had any qualms with Kharn on that matter.

Besides, that just makes him resistant to BFR, not unkillable all together.

Sir Ovens said:
Besides, that just makes him resistant to BFR, not unkillable all together.
Excusemehwut
I'm sorry but what

You're honestly comparing power null on a guy who can die to GOKU of all people to a person who is brought back by a 1B and can seal 1Bs and be brought back by BFR by 1Bs.

WAT

Don't we restrict his immortality? The only thing keeping 1440 from being unbeatable to basically anyone not high end 1-B or higher?

No one said anything about restricting the state of not being able to be bfred.

Seriously Calypso just needs to BFR him back in time and it's overwith.

How in the hell is immortality = BFR?

One is a state of being unkillable, the other is being removed from the field of battle.

This is a stupid conversation.

By a command seal I order that we drop it.

Look, all I'm saying is that 1440 does have his immortality restricted, but that won't stop the Brothers from bringing him back to earth from other locations. 1440 can still be killed but not Bfred.

Then Kharn shouldn't be allowed any boons by Khorne then. Literally the only reason he has wins against anyone with some semblance of hax is because Khorne neggs it.

I really wouldn't equate "I turn you into a power null field then you are on your own" (Khorne) to "If killed you are resurrected on the spot, if BFRd brought back, and you basically can't be affected meaningfully unless you override the powers of a tier 1" (Brothers Death), just saying

And besides it's not like the Brothers Death are going to deflect every BFR attempt at Calypso's disposal, because most of them will just end up futhering their agenda.

Gargoyle One said:
I'm really getting sick of people saying a 1B can just help a Low 7C and be okay.
The Everlasting said:
The fact that the Brothers are allowed any intervention feels fishy.
Kaltias said:
I really wouldn't equate "I turn you into a power null field then you are on your own" (Khorne) to "If killed you are resurrected on the spot, if BFRd brought back, and you basically can't be affected meaningfully unless you override the powers of a tier 1" (Brothers Death), just saying
Literally all of these.
You notice how I asked earlier whether or not the Brothers are allowed to do anything other than "pick this guy back up if he dies", right? This was what I meant by that. There's no reason to even debate this match if the Old Man gets to just let the Brothers do literally everything and go on his merry way. Especially since that's not even how his story is supposed to work.

And before someone compares this to Kharn again, I'd like to point out the fact that Kharn himself still does all of the heavy lifting in regards to whether or not his opponent dies, is backed by someone who flat-out promotes fair combat and nothing else, and doesn't require you to actually kill or nullify his High 1-B Chaos God friend in order to defeat him.

Honestly? If 1440 gets to have the Brothers Death protect him all day, every day, then I'm going to start arguing that Ga gets to help Roland Deschai in VS threads due to the latter being protected by ka. Which is not only a legitimate thing in his story, but is outright stated as being the reason events have worked in his his favor many, many times.

Because that should be fun.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Honestly? If 1440 gets to have the Brothers Death protect him all day, every day, then I'm going to start arguing that Ga gets to help Roland Deschai in VS threads due to the latter being protected by ka. Which is not only a legitimate thing in his story, but is outright stated as being the reason events have worked in his his favor many, many times.

Because that should be fun.
Roland vs Lavos confirmed? Well I mean if Kharn can do it....

So are we outright restricting the Brothers entirely? Because last I recall, only immortality was restricted, and that was the rule.

We'd need to make a full blown CRT if we're restricting the Brothers entirely because thats a massive nerf that needs discussion as 1440 isnt the only character in this situation

They aren't restricted but Calypso has many many ways of getting rid of him in a way that only furthers the Brother's agenda.

Calypso doesnt have ways to get rid of him though, reality warping and time shenanigans are nulled passively by the spear

Sir Ovens said:
Does Calypso even know the Brothers' agenda?
He will after he initially BFRs him to his remote prison where he sent preacher and he still comes back. Which... Thinking about it, there's no garrentee that the Brothers will necessarily send him back to the battlefield.

This is spacial shenanigans we're talking though.

Back