• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How Would You Improve? Part 4: Shirou Emiya

Jinsye

She/Her
I'm gonna start reading Fate soon so this is the best way to do this.

So! This'll be a thing to suggest on how a character could be improved. Writing wise or design wise. This isn't on bad characters, it can be good characters too. I'll start more popular but I can get more obscure as time goes by.

Next up, it's the one who is the bone of his sword, Shirou Emiya! You may talk about all versions of him so this includes EMIYA and No Name

7e85ed31bc5f0416edac89fcef046d70

DragonEmperor23 said:
Shirou's a solid character, the only problem is that the animes remove so much of his inner thoughts that it ruins the character. VN Shirou is great though so I'm glad you're reading that.
I concur with this. While of course the UBW series and the HF movies may deliver gorgeous animation, some characters (which includes Shirou) are sadly, as you say, bit ruined.

He goes from a well-built, tragic character who constantly sees the consequences of his flawed ideal, to generic protagonist #12222 by removing important scenes or inner monologues. Though he's far from being my favorite, he really suffers from adaptation issues.

(I'm also taking the time to read the novel, currently. Interesting stuff so far)

Back