• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How legit is 2-A Chase Young?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andytrenom

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
Currently Chase Young is rated 2-A for being able to destroy the Xiaolin Showdown Multiverse which is infinite. However, there's a detail which I believe disproves this rating

https://youtu.be/IvixzftNsdk?t=794

Here Cosmic Dragon explicitly states that Chase will never be able destroy the Cosmos because of the fact that it is infinite, in other words, that Chase doesn't have the ability to destroy an infinite sized multiverse. Going by this statement, I don't think Chase should actually be 2-A but if there's other evidence for his rating then I would like to see them.

Chase Young blew up the Cosmic Dragon so that would mean he was wrong no?

I think a bigger question is where does infinite speed come from since there's no justification for it.

And what about the Cosmic Dragon fodderizing Chase immediately after? That form he blew up doesn't seem to be remotely close to the Dragon's full power

IIRC, DarkAnine and Dark649 are knowledgeable on Xiaolin Showdown.

Dark (the other one) seems to be inactive but I'll call...Dark

As the one of the user that started the verse I do not recall Chase doing that type of feat in the original serie, but I didn't see Chronicles... cuz it sucks.

It would be in Chronicles as that's where Cosmic Dragon was introduced; though, I haven't seen it either.

Chase personality was messed up in Chronicles while he was evil with an honorable side in the original series, he was turned into a powerhungry pure evil overlord bent on eradicating all of existence. He thought he could destroy the infinite multiverse in his dragon form, but the Cosmic Dragon [who was awakened to stop him since there was no other being in existence that could fight him] stated that he actually can't no matterthe time. Chase only destroyed his weaker physical avatar and then he got stomped by his non-corporeal true form, netherless he was destroying space-time and threatening all the regular existence, so 2-B is fine for that form and the Infinite stats for them might be actually Immeasurable since Chase was trying to imitate Solaris.

Moved to the correct board

Anyway yeah, I remember him destroying time space so tier 2 isn't a problem with me, whether it would low 2-C, 2-C or 2-B I don't know. 2-A is my only issue.

Low 2-C implies only one universe, which is innaccurate since Chase was threatening the regular existance, so more than 1000 universes which is 2-B. Immeasurable looks like to be too much for Chase, but not for the Cosmic Dragon.

But said existence contains infinite universes and yet Cosmic Dragon said he couldn't do it. Hmmm, something doesn't add up here.

Cosmic Dragon is omnipresent in his true form.

Dark649 said:
You can be 2-B but is still unable to destroy a 2-A structure.
Yeah, that's the issue. A 2-B can't destroy a 2-A structure. You have two conflicting statements where Chase is threatening to destroy all of existence but then the Cosmic Dragon says he can't because said existence is infinite.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Yeah, that's the issue. A 2-B can't destroy a 2-A structure. You have two conflicting statements where Chase is threatening to destroy all of existence but then the Cosmic Dragon says he can't because said existence is infinite.
Since all of existance is infinite = It's 2-A. Even if he can destroy many many universes in a 2-B scale, he would be still be unable to destroy all of them since its infinite as the dragon said.

I agree.. Being a threat to all existence is 2-A... Becase lord knows you can't be a threat when your destroying a few universes at a time and it would take a infinite amont of time to destroy all existence...

I honestly think the Cosmic Dragon is likely just wrong given Chase easily defeated him.

Just because the Dragon immediately beat Chase afterward doesnt neccessarily mean the Dragons Avatar isnt 2-A. It could also mean the Dragons true form & power is just superior to Chases to be a higher end of 2-A.

Someone's avatars don't have to be anywhere near as strong as their true form.

For example, Darkseid's true self is High 2-A but his avatars can be 4-B, 3-A, or Low 2-C. D&D 2-As also have High 6-A and 5-B avatars.

Now, the Cosmic Dragon just being a stronger 2-A could also be the case. I guess it depends on how you want to interpret Cosmic Dragon's statement.

I know Shadow. I was just saying that the Avatar not being able to be as strong as their true form isnt neccessarily true. They could.

That said, I might've made a mistake on my point. My overall point is that the Dragons Avatar, whether 2-A or lower, could simply be wrong about Chase given Chase easily beat him and when the Dragon uses his true power, he could always be at a higher end of 2-A than Chase.

Looking at Cosmic Dragon's statement again, it appears like it could just be a poetic way of saying that Chase can't destroy the cosmos because the Cosmic Dragon is there to protect it. In his words "you cannot destroy the cosmos without destroying me." He's saying to him "you want to destroy the cosmos, you would have to get past me first, which you can't as I am more powerful than you."

Perhaps Chase being able to destroy all of existence wasn't contradicted, but he needed to get past the Cosmic Dragon for his plan to succeed as he was in the way.

So maybe it's just Cosmic Dragon > Chase Young = Baseline 2-A.

It would make sense since the Dragon was forced to awaken in order to stop Chase.

I'd say Cosmic Dragon's AP justification should be changed to this:

Multiverse level+ (Created the multiverse, which is made up of an infinite amount of universes and was said to be "Endless" and "Unending" on two different occasions. Easily destroyed the Heylin Drago)

Also his lifting strength should be immeasurable, not infinite. He's a higher-dimensional being that is one with the multiverse so he is beyond 3D concepts of mass.

I'd also remove Chase blowing up Cosmic Dragon's physical form from his AP as that's not a quantifiable feat, since it's just an avatar.

I guess that just leaves Chase's speed then.

@Shadow Except you can look at the statement and see that the reasoning given was "Because the cosmos is infinite" not "Because I'm far more powerful than you"

"And you will never destroy the cosmos, for all in it is infinite"

CD gives an the assessment and follows it with the reasoning, it's pretty straightforward

About Chase Young being a threat to existence, would any of the characters who made the statement actually be more reliable than the Cosmic Dragon in terms of judging who can threaten existence and to what extent?

@DDM I gave my reasoning for why 2-A doesn't work, do you find a problem within it?

Dark649 did say he still threatened to destroy all existence; which destroying even Googleplex number of universes is still not even a threat to a 2-A sized multiverse. And didn't Chase Young still destroy countless dimensions? That still sounds like 2-B.

@DDM Well I don't remember him destroying countless universes, just making a number of large tears in time-space. I'm also not completely sure what statements there exactly are of him destroying existence but depending on who it came from it could be inaccurate given CD confirming otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back