• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Young Justice - Blue Beetle Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

GyroNutz

VS Battles
Administrator
Hi, so recently while I was away, Young Justice's heavy hitters all got upgraded, with the exception of the beetles. I'm here to make the case that the beetles (when the scarabs are in control at least) should scale.

1. Red Volcano: So this guy is pretty understated, but there's a few things to note here. He's designed as a superior version of Red Tornado, and it took the combined strength of the other Reds to take him down. What's talked about even less is when Luthor recovered Red Tornado and sent him to attack Star Labs, where he came across Blue Beetle. Here, Blue was able to overpower and destroy Red Volcano. This was an on-mode Blue Beetle, and the feat would put him around or above Red Tornado, who has a listed High 7-A feat.
  2. Toyman: Blue Beetle, while on-mode, fought and easily destroyed Toyman. Aside from the destruction he causes here, afaik Toyman is largely featless aside from the fact that he regularly fights Superman, and he even expresses that he would have much rather fought Superman than Blue Beetle. This isn't to say that Blue Beetle is on Superman's level, nor Toyman, but it shows he's in that ballpark.
  3. Impulse's Prophecy: Impulse tells Jaime that in the future, the Reach get the Blue Beetle scarab on-mode and they take over the Earth, with Blue Beetle as the 'biggest bad'. This is veering into the theoretical here, but in this future, most of the Justice League are either held on Rimbor (Superman, Wonder Woman) or unable to return due to the Reach's presence (Green Lanterns). This still means that Blue, Green and Black Beetle would have had to contend with and defeat Justice League heavy hitters like Captain Atom, Shazam and Red Tornado.
  4. Aqualad's Bomb: Blue Beetle's scarab predicts it can survive the same blast that destroyed Malina Island, which was calculated as Low 7-B.
  5. Superiority: In every fight they have, the beetles mop. the. floor. with the Young Justice members. Look how casually Black Beetle defeats Superboy, who's considered a heavy hitter compared to other YJ members. Black Beetle was only ever defeated by Blue Beetle and/or Green Beetle, and was only ever overpowered by Mongul, who himself was only defeated because Bumblebee redirected the War World's power source directly through Mongul himself. Idk if that last part is quantifiable.
So yeah, I think there's more than enough evidence to say that Black and Green Beetles, as well as Blue Beetle (at least when the scarab is in control), have enough feats to scale to High 7-A.

Yeah seeing as I did the upgrade, I had intentions of upgrading the beetles but never got around to it.

This looks good to me

Yeah seeing as I did the upgrade, I had intentions of upgrading the beetles but never got around to it.

This looks good to me
Neat, what do you think about Jaime’s rating when the scarab doesn’t have full control?

Neat, what do you think about Jaime’s rating when the scarab doesn’t have full control?
I'd have to review some of his other fights again after he's cured from the reach's control because I don't remember it as its been a couple of months since I went over everything.

I also had planned on watching through season 4 to see about resurrected Superboy scaling to the other kryptonians

I do remember he matched The terror twins who frequently fought Superman and were stated to be in his power range so I think it could work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back