• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Housen blocks Ryuuen's kick feat revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Original calc

Recalc

I already pointed out the flawed parts about the original calc with detail in the Recalc blog post but I'll write them again here:

-The original calc takes the distance between Ryuuen's knee and Housen's head (proven here) when it should have taken the distance between Ryuuen's foot and Housen's head since that's how you actually throw a Roundhouse Kick (explained in the blog).

- The original calc assumes that Housen moved his arm vertically and horizontally seperately which is completely unnecesary and not logical.

Staff Approvals: @Dark-Carioca , @M3X_2.0

Last edited:
isn't this a peak example of characters dodging/blocking a move at the last second or when it's an inch from their face
stuff like that is just supposed to demonstrate how close it was, but calcing it (when you assume one character is a given speed, like the kick here) often has the character who reacted to it be scaled FAR higher despite implications of them being relative

isn't this a peak example of characters dodging/blocking a move at the last second or when it's an inch from their face
stuff like that is just supposed to demonstrate how close it was, but calcing it (when you assume one character is a given speed, like the kick here) often has the character who reacted to it be scaled FAR higher despite implications of them being relative
Nah these characters aren't relative at all. The guy who blocks the kick here is much faster. The kick is also not close to the guy who blocks which was the thing I primarily pointed out and debunked in the recalc.

Ngl, I don't even think this should be a feat as it's just a simple kick blocking feat but had to make a recalc to remove the original one as it was accepted.

Pretty sure you could have used the tip of his boot to just scale the distance between them, or his head, for the matter.

Lol, this is just bad reasoning, if it happens it should be scaled, of course you have the relativity argument, but usually characters being relative is just inconsistent, I've seen this rule be applied for even low relativity where a character can say "damn that guy's pretty fast" while being in an state where he's half upside down and beaten up to invalidate a feat of him outspeeding that character with a mass ammount of adrenaline. The rule is actually so bad it gets on my nerves when I think about it because it doesn't account for adrenaline which is an immediate boost in terms of everything. Sorry had to rant, anyhow, these people aren't relative.

The tip of his foot wasn't seen in the panel though.
Umm, this is a calc group discussion so I am not sure I can say it, but it's pretty much visible, the author just blurred it up to hell. I don't even understand what did you do with that angle pivot calculation there but ok.
4c9U8Xk.png

I mean, blurred to hell = Not clearly visible so i didn't use it like that.
You can still scale that, it's still visible to some extent and we can already see the borders, the angs don't clearly say much but wait for a CGM, and I guess I will try to recalculate as well.

You can still scale that, it's still visible to some extent and we can already see the borders, the angs don't clearly say much but wait for a CGM, and I guess I will try to recalculate as well.
The primary thing is that the tip of Ryuuen's foot isn't on the same plane as Housen's head so pixel scaling the straight distance would give even weirder results.

Alright, let's wait for a CGM then.

So, just so we're done with all the bumping... what's left to do here, exactly?

So, just so we're done with all the bumping... what's left to do here, exactly?
Some staff members to accept or reject the recalc so we can add or not add the recalc to the verse page probably. You already said that my version was better but I probably need more staff approvals.

Thanks for the input. The recalc has 2 staff approvals as of now. Should I wait for 48 hours to make the changes?
It's small so I don't think this is necessary. Go ahead. If someone complain, then it wasn't me who told you to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back