• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it makes sense to add this distance to the distance Manabu moved as well.
Ayanokouji intervenes before Manabu can throw Suzune, so Manabu doesn't cross that extra distance, though. Suzune is still standing by the time Ayanokouji arrives. Manabu only had enough time to pull Suzune towards him.

Ayanokouji intervenes before Manabu can throw Suzune, so Manabu doesn't cross that extra distance, though. Suzune is still standing by the time Ayanokouji arrives. Manabu only had enough time to pull Suzune towards him.
I mean that's pretty hard to tell as we don't see Horikita's body waist down but you might be right. M3X disagrees with all of the calculations and the feat as a whole though.

This thread is really hard for CGMs to evaluate because It's too clogged up tbh. I might consider asking for the closing of this one and create a part 2 of the thread mainly asking for the opinions of the CGMs.

I am dubious at the calculation.
Like, how did you get 63.5px for the blue line between Suzune and Ayanokouji? It doesn't match the distance we see, especially when compared to Suzune's height.
Also, calcing a distance like is, imo, questionable, because Ayanokouji and Suzune are located at different depths of the panel. In cases where the two people/objects are in different depths, angular size is often a good solution... which you did use, but in combination with regular pixel calc, which is weird.

In any case, I gave this particular calculation a try, and this is what I get.
This feat isn't calculatable imo. But thanks for the opinion. 😅

Also, I took the line between Ayanokouji and Suzune as the horizontal distance between them. Then, I took the POV distances to Suzune and Ayanokouji respectively. Subtracting the smaller distance from a bigger one gets you a base of a triangle, and the horizontal distance is the the perpendicular. From there, we can get the hypotenuse through the Pythagoras formula. The hypotenuse comes out to be the final distance. I guess I was clear. 💀

I'm going off of OP:

• Regarding the "falling 10 meters" bit: This is perfectly fine to remove. Open and shut as far as I'm concerned.
  • Regarding the "fast as a bullet" tennis ball bit: Similarly simple if it's been agreed upon by the broader thread, can't think of any reason to keep it.
  • Regarding the now-defunct anime feat: It's probably fine to favor the manga's adaptation, I'm not really an anime guy so I can only work off of what I see as common practice. And that is usually to favor the manga adaptation.

I'm going off of OP:

• Regarding the "falling 10 meters" bit: This is perfectly fine to remove. Open and shut as far as I'm concerned.
  • Regarding the "fast as a bullet" tennis ball bit: Similarly simple if it's been agreed upon by the broader thread, can't think of any reason to keep it.
  • Regarding the now-defunct anime feat: It's probably fine to favor the manga's adaptation, I'm not really an anime guy so I can only work off of what I see as common practice. And that is usually to favor the manga adaptation.
Thank you so much for helping out 🙏

Can we make the changes now that we have your approval?

Gotta have two evals for threads such as this.

Pulling names out of my magic hat here for a moment, @Crabwhale @Deagonx I sentence one of you to eval.

Gotta have two evals for threads such as this.

Pulling names out of my magic hat here for a moment, @Crabwhale @Deagonx I sentence one of you to eval.
How dare you.

I'm going off of OP:

My assessment is largely the same.

Thank you so much for helping out here as well 🙏

I'll make the changes on the verse page as we have two staff approvals now.

Regarding the slope fall calc, I suppose another estimate could be the following:

Object Cylinder

Mass (m) 124.5 kg

Angle (θ) 45 deg

Height (H) 10 m

Acceleration = 4.623 m/s^2

Energy = 5755.64 Joules = 9-C Street

The other removals seem okay.

Regarding the slope fall calc, I suppose another estimate could be the following:

Object Cylinder

Mass (m) 124.5 kg

Angle (θ) 45 deg

Height (H) 10 m

Acceleration = 4.623 m/s^2

Energy = 5755.64 Joules = 9-C Street

The other removals seem okay.
I made a blog post of it using your suggestions, but how do you get the 5755.64 Joules?

I used KE and even when I use the Force*Displacement thing, I think I would still get the same.
Force = 124.5*4.623 = 575.5635 N
Displacement = 10/sin45 = 14.1421356 m

Work done = 124.5*4.623*14.1421356 = 8139.69706 J
Similarly, Kinetic Energy came out to be 0.5*124.5*11.435*11.435 = 8139.76176 J

Sorry, I am not knowledgeable on the topic. 😅

I made a blog post of it using your suggestions, but how do you get the 5755.64 Joules?

I used KE and even when I use the Force*Displacement thing, I think I would still get the same.
Force = 124.5*4.623 = 575.5635 N
Displacement = 10/sin45 = 14.1421356 m

Work done = 124.5*4.623*14.1421356 = 8139.69706 J
Similarly, Kinetic Energy came out to be 0.5*124.5*11.435*11.435 = 8139.76176 J

Sorry, I am not knowledgeable on the topic. 😅
I just used E = mass*accel*height for potential energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back