• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School DxD Universe Discussion Thread

Top Secret​

It would appear that in the world of thirty years from now there is the possibility of war due to an invasion by the malevolent god Melvazoa of ‘ExEEvih Etoulde‘ and his underlings.
|
  • The malevolent god Malvezoa’s fighting strength far exceeds that of Ophis (complete form) as well as Great Red.
  • Due to him being invulnerable and having transcended death (him being able to manipulate reincarnation techniques as well as the concept of existence itself, being able to interfere with himself from parallel worlds, manipulate time etc., he is thus able to preserve “himself” as much as he likes), the fight between the good and evil gods has become a battle in which the good god Resetoras seeks supremacy without completely overthrowing Malvezoa.
Powers and ability of dxd can go even higher in future volume

I would so love to do this if I can just get to doing one more final CRT for the abilities section lol.

Plenty of profiles of different series use like scroll boxes that make it easier to look at them and whatnot rather than having all bunched up together like they were part of an essay.

The only issue is I'm really high on fanfic writing atm lol.
Speaking of which, how should Issei’s profile be handled? Since it’s going to be cluttered and he gains different abilities and resistances later on (Nyuutron, Penetrate, Reflect, etc), should we split it into multiple profiles for the different story arcs? Kinda like how Deku or Luffy’s profile pages are split.

Speaking of which, how should Issei’s profile be handled? Since it’s going to be cluttered and he gains different abilities and resistances later on (Nyuutron, Penetrate, Reflect, etc), should we split it into multiple profiles for the different story arcs? Kinda like how Deku or Luffy’s profile pages are split.
Could probably use tabbers (indication of volume) and in each tab we list the volume and form necessary for use.

Could probably use tabbers (indication of volume) and in each tab we list the volume and form necessary for use.
Yea but I feel like it’d be too much since he gains multiple abilities in different volumes.

Like if we made a profile for ‘Arc 4’, it seems like it’d be easier to differentiate the abilities.

We could also experiment with different profiles or tabbers in a sandbox and decide. When the pages are to be updated, we probably need sandboxes for the more important characters before updating.

Yea but I feel like it’d be too much since he gains multiple abilities in different volumes.

Like if we made a profile for ‘Arc 4’, it seems like it’d be easier to differentiate the abilities.

We could also experiment with different profiles or tabbers in a sandbox and decide. When the pages are to be updated, we probably need sandboxes for the more important characters before updating.
It's should be good 👍

I was thinking of that for those with multiple arcs like how it is for Luffy, Ichigo, Naruto, Deku, etc.

The main problem is as you pointed out that he has multiple abilities he gains in different abilities.

Speaking of that, Issei's profile as someone said before in an Issei match said his profile is a mess for how it's formatted. There are abilities he has in his base form that he doesn't get until much later on, and for it to be tiered and organized based on his base forms and powerup/armor forms undermines the progress even Issei himself gains throughout the series.

Just isolating the first two major arcs alone (V1-2 for Arc 1, and V3-6 for Arc 2), you got this of Issei:

Vol 1: Basic Devil Physiology stuff, Boosted Gear Doubling

Vol 2: Same thing before, Energy Projection and Manipulation (ex. Dragon Shot), Transfer (Power Bestowel), Transformation and some such w/Boosted Gear Scale Mail, Dress Break

Vol 3: Nothing new AFAIK

Vol 4: Ability/Stats Reduction via Divine Dividing, Resistance to Time Stop due to Ddraig, Holy Manip I guess via Ascalon, Probably Dragon Outrage if anything

Vol 5: Resistance to Poison Manip due to being Dragon Host of Ddraig/Boosted Gear

Vol 6: Juggernaut Drive, Bodily weapon creation

And this also isn't taking into account the other abilities and/or resistances from the side stories of Vol 8/13/15 and DX which have stories that just take place before the main story and in between it which will bloat this list up even more.

But it is in the later arcs where it gets even more bloated, yeah.

If we separate into story arcs, that would be five profiles.

Sekiryuutei's Awakening (Story Arc 1): Volumes 1 & 2

Birth of the Chichiryuutei (Story Arc 2): Volumes 3-6

The Heroic Oppai Dragon (Story Arc 3): Volumes 7-12

The Legend of Oppai Dragon and his Lively Companions (Story Arc 4): Volumes 13-21

Sekiryuutei of the Blazing Truth × Hakuryuukou of the Morning Star: The True Dragon(s) of Kuoh Academy (Story Arc 5): Volume 22-Current

Except we merge two arcs into one profile, then that would be 2-3 Issei profiles instead.

The Legend of Oppai Dragon and his Lively Companions (Story Arc 4): Volumes 13-21

Sekiryuutei of the Blazing Truth × Hakuryuukou of the Morning Star: The True Dragon(s) of Kuoh Academy (Story Arc 5): Volume 22-Current

Except we merge two arcs into one profile, then that would be 2-3 Issei profiles instead.
2/3 - 5 profiles wouldn't be that bad...I think?

If you look at Naruto and Goku, they're examples of characters who literally have several pages to accommodate their long-spanned development. And that's just the main series/canon line alone lol.

Naruto has four profiles for Part 1, Part 2 (up to Pre War), the War Arc, and Post Naruto Manga/New Life (Boruto). Including his game profile version, that makes 5.

Goku of DB Series has OG DB Era, DBZ Era, and two profiles to separate his anime and manga versions of Super Era. This technically makes it 4 for Goku like Naruto, and he has a lot more for his other versions of Toei Anime, DBGT, and the games.

In this way, I guess we can do the same for Issei and, if anyone really likes the idea, maybe an anime version too.

2/3 - 5 profiles wouldn't be that bad...I think?

If you look at Naruto and Goku, they're examples of characters who literally have several pages to accommodate their long-spanned development. And that's just the main series/canon line alone lol.

Naruto has four profiles for Part 1, Part 2 (up to Pre War), the War Arc, and Post Naruto Manga/New Life (Boruto). Including his game profile version, that makes 5.

Goku of DB Series has OG DB Era, DBZ Era, and two profiles to separate his anime and manga versions of Super Era. This technically makes it 4 for Goku like Naruto, and he has a lot more for his other versions of Toei Anime, DBGT, and the games.

In this way, I guess we can do the same for Issei and, if anyone really likes the idea, maybe an anime version too.
Yes that should be needed

Because Anime timeline and LN timeline are different

I think 3 Profiles would be fine, we can combine V1 and V2-4, and have V5-15 and V16-Current as separate profiles for Issei. I'll work on the summaries, images, etc for the other Issei profiles when I make them.
Could you make sure the abilities section of the profiles are correct? Whenever you get the opportunity, I hope I can trust you with that.
@TotalMasterInfinity will be working on the speed stuff.

Last edited:
I think 3 Profiles would be fine, we can combine V1 and V2-4, and have V5-15 and V16-Current as separate profiles for Issei. I'll work on the summaries, images, etc for the other Issei profiles when I make them.

Could you make sure the abilities section of the profiles are correct? Whenever you get the opportunity, I hope I can trust you with that.
@TotalMasterInfinity will be working on the speed stuff.
Why separate 5 and 6 from 3-4. and merging them to 7-15, and making 16-current for?

Why separate 5 and 6 from 3-4. and merging them to 7-15, and making 16-current for?
Because of the AP differences that result from training. As @Burning_Full_Fingers mentioned, 3 profiles seems right. First Issei would only have two keys in V1, four for V2-4. Second would have V5-15 because Issei's base strength doesn't significantly increase during this time period but it is stronger than V4 base, total of 14 keys. Last because Issei shows an obvious base strength increase from V14/15 (Grendel fight), and doesn't have a significant base increase during this period, not sure how to quantify how many keys this Issei would have lol.

Because of the AP differences that result from training. As @Burning_Full_Fingers mentioned, 3 profiles seems right. First Issei would only have two keys in V1, four for V2-4. Second would have V5-15 because Issei's base strength doesn't significantly increase during this time period but it is stronger than V4 base, total of 14 keys. Last because Issei shows an obvious base strength increase from V14/15 (Grendel fight), and doesn't have a significant base increase during this period, not sure how to quantify how many keys this Issei would have lol.
Ahh.

Although even if we do split to like 3 profiles by merging two arcs together, it's the naming of the profiles that's gonna be a matter to be discussed.

Goku and Naruto have rather simpler names like "Naruto (Part 1)", "Naruto (Part 2: War Arc)", "Son Goku (DB), "Son Goku (DBZ)", that sort of thing.

You also got cases like Deku having two profiles to accommodate for his progression before and up to the end of the final Act, and Asta of Black Clover having three profiles too including one solely for the final saga of his series.

While it's true Issei's base doesn't exactly increase significantly and for sure, the naming of the profiles will also be important to make the distinction too.

Ahh.

Although even if we do split to like 3 profiles by merging two arcs together, it's the naming of the profiles that's gonna be a matter to be discussed.

Goku and Naruto have rather simpler names like "Naruto (Part 1)", "Naruto (Part 2: War Arc)", "Son Goku (DB), "Son Goku (DBZ)", that sort of thing.

You also got cases like Deku having two profiles to accommodate for his progression before and up to the end of the final Act, and Asta of Black Clover having three profiles too including one solely for the final saga of his series.

While it's true Issei's base doesn't exactly increase significantly and for sure, the naming of the profiles will also be important to make the distinction too.
We can do it like the DBZ games, Issei (Early), Issei (Mid), Issei (End). Fun idea

Jabberwocky statement is too vague with no timeframe.
Timeframe for destruction would be necessary for tier 2? If so, it'd at most be the rest of Leonardo's lifespan. (Wouldn't change the tier.) Also, it's not really vague... World would either mean planet, myth realm, or DxD, and considering that it fought an amped GR (who scales to the latter), that makes the most sense. Plus, it's not just a one-off statement, it's said multiple times.
Also it’s weaker than the heavenly dragons based on Azazel’s statement.
Could you remind me of the statement?

Last edited:

Back