• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School DxD Universe Discussion Thread

1.Favorite Character?
Issei or Sairaorg.
2. Favorite Hero
Since I mentioned the two above, I would say Vasco Strada.
3. Favorite Villain?
Hades. Rizevim is a close second, entertaining, sarcastically funny and charismatic.

I appreciate Hades a bit more because he goes against the typical antagonist archetype that Ishibumi uses.
5. Favorite Longinus?
Canis Lykaon.
6. Favorite BxB?
Night Celestial Slash Dogs.
7. If you were to make a harem of any 8 characters from the DxD franchise, who would you pick?
No idea. Don’t feel as if I care about this anymore.

Might have made some if you asked me like six years ago.
11. Favorite fight? (Light Novel)
Issei vs Sairaorg for slugfests.
Vali vs Azi Dahaka for technique type matchups.
13. Favorite Volume?
Volume 21. Could also be Volume 2.
14. Favorite non-main series volume?
DX 4? If it’s a short story volume, then maybe DX 3 or DX 5.
16. Favorite Short Story?
Rias in Wonderland.
17. Favorite Demonic Power Ability?
Dunno. Let me just say Crack.
18. Favorite DxD Waifu (or Husbando)?
Xenovia for DxD
Natsume for Slash Dog
Avi for Junior
19. Favorite 3 Moments in the franchise?
Issei’s first Balance Breaker / Dragon Deification
Sairaorg’s first Breakdown the Beast against Bedeze
Tobio’s first Balance Breaker against Hanezu

Not the power ups themselves, but the emotions leading up to these moments were perfect for me.
21. How do you want the series to end?
Wedding scene with a timeskip.
23. What are you looking forward to most in the LN?
Mystery of Mitsuya and XxX, Innovate Clear, etc. Basically anything to do with Denpachi.
25. What got you into DxD?/At what point did you start enjoying it?
Watched the anime casually. Think I must have seen it in some crossover. I came to VSB and was looking at the profiles randomly when I was a content mod, and I saw weird stuff like Serafall being rated above DxD Issei and some other inconsistencies.

At that point, I only read the novel semi casually and hadn’t read it in years. I didn’t pay attention to the powerscaling and deeper intricacies.

So I got curious again and started to read the novel again. This is when I’d say I really, really got into the novel. I enjoyed it much more than I remembered, so I gave it another reread and started to try and fix the profiles or make matchups.

@Burning_Full_Fingers

Mystery of Mitsuya and XxX, Innovate Clear, etc. Basically anything to do with Denpachi.

This one, 100%.

The fact again that Ishibumi had teased about Mitsuya's importance in the same line as Slash Dog and DxD (Or as in, Tobio's, Issei, and Vali's) in both stories of DxD and S/D feels like he's got some major roles and events that happened even more behind the scenes than with Tobio. IC as well since we know where TK came from and who had it at first, but not IC and with that also being a Longinus, some sort of mention would have probably sufficed on who it may have belonged to. Alpecca Tyrant had that happen before it evolved to a Longinus, yet IC doesn't get that treatment even despite being mentioned way earlier than Alpecca Tyrant had in Shin.

The fact again that Ishibumi had teased about Mitsuya's importance in the same line as Slash Dog and DxD (Or as in, Tobio's, Issei, and Vali's) in both stories of DxD and S/D feels like he's got some major roles and events that happened even more behind the scenes than with Tobio
Another reason to lament Ishibumi’s illness. He hyped us with so many things and potential spin-offs, then now it’s just radio silence. Think he said he wanted to do another one with middle aged Issei as a mentor.

He doesn’t even tweet interesting stuff anymore.

Rippu is actually a blessing to the series, because beyond Junior, he could potentially write the other ideas Ishi might be unable to.

Another reason to lament Ishibumi’s illness. He hyped us with so many things and potential spin-offs, then now it’s just radio silence. Think he said he wanted to do another one with middle aged Issei as a mentor.

He doesn’t even tweet interesting stuff anymore.

Rippu is actually a blessing to the series, because beyond Junior, he could potentially write the other ideas Ishi might be unable to.
That's how I feel with Hikaru Sakurai, a freelance writer known for being part of Type Moon's Fate series writing.

She had this series called the Steampunk Series (released by VN pub, Liar-soft) and she had like a bunch of story ideas and spin offs I think that would have really got more people to enjoy. But then she started tweeting about it less and less over the years until like 2-3 yrs ago and in that time have been fully into the Fate Series iirc.

Hell, her series having loads of untranslated short stories and whatnot is the reason I got into making my own blogger spot just to make new content lol.

Ishibumi's the same thing. Just like how Sakurai just reposts/retweets Fate fanart stuff, only thing I remember so far and even now that Ishi posts is just anything related to Gundam, whatever game or app thing of DxD, and I think at one point he did Warhammer 40K posts? Or that can be Hagenaya Jin (Demonbane writer) but my point stands as well.

For sure Rippu's a real one. People out there on Twitter and Reddit, and wherever else may moan and smacktalk about him. But it's Rippu's contribution to the series that brought life back into it with something new for once. Sure he's not Ishibumi himself, but Ishibumi DID say he's overlooked it and was impressed with it not only as the supervisor but even as a reader of something connected to his own series. This keeps up, Rippu could be up for doing the other ideas Ishi had as you put that he might not ever do. Maybe even do Denpachi spin off or something, who knows.

Anything is better than no content. If Rippu didn't come on, DxD would be a dead series right now if it hasn't already.

Back