• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School DxD Universe Discussion Thread

1.Favorite Character?
Issei or Sairaorg.
2. Favorite Hero
Since I mentioned the two above, I would say Vasco Strada.
3. Favorite Villain?
Hades. Rizevim is a close second, entertaining, sarcastically funny and charismatic.

I appreciate Hades a bit more because he goes against the typical antagonist archetype that Ishibumi uses.
5. Favorite Longinus?
Canis Lykaon.
6. Favorite BxB?
Night Celestial Slash Dogs.
7. If you were to make a harem of any 8 characters from the DxD franchise, who would you pick?
No idea. Don’t feel as if I care about this anymore.

Might have made some if you asked me like six years ago.
11. Favorite fight? (Light Novel)
Issei vs Sairaorg for slugfests.
Vali vs Azi Dahaka for technique type matchups.
13. Favorite Volume?
Volume 21. Could also be Volume 2.
14. Favorite non-main series volume?
DX 4? If it’s a short story volume, then maybe DX 3 or DX 5.
16. Favorite Short Story?
Rias in Wonderland.
17. Favorite Demonic Power Ability?
Dunno. Let me just say Crack.
18. Favorite DxD Waifu (or Husbando)?
Xenovia for DxD
Natsume for Slash Dog
Avi for Junior
19. Favorite 3 Moments in the franchise?
Issei’s first Balance Breaker / Dragon Deification
Sairaorg’s first Breakdown the Beast against Bedeze
Tobio’s first Balance Breaker against Hanezu

Not the power ups themselves, but the emotions leading up to these moments were perfect for me.
21. How do you want the series to end?
Wedding scene with a timeskip.
23. What are you looking forward to most in the LN?
Mystery of Mitsuya and XxX, Innovate Clear, etc. Basically anything to do with Denpachi.
25. What got you into DxD?/At what point did you start enjoying it?
Watched the anime casually. Think I must have seen it in some crossover. I came to VSB and was looking at the profiles randomly when I was a content mod, and I saw weird stuff like Serafall being rated above DxD Issei and some other inconsistencies.

At that point, I only read the novel semi casually and hadn’t read it in years. I didn’t pay attention to the powerscaling and deeper intricacies.

So I got curious again and started to read the novel again. This is when I’d say I really, really got into the novel. I enjoyed it much more than I remembered, so I gave it another reread and started to try and fix the profiles or make matchups.

@Burning_Full_Fingers

Mystery of Mitsuya and XxX, Innovate Clear, etc. Basically anything to do with Denpachi.

This one, 100%.

The fact again that Ishibumi had teased about Mitsuya's importance in the same line as Slash Dog and DxD (Or as in, Tobio's, Issei, and Vali's) in both stories of DxD and S/D feels like he's got some major roles and events that happened even more behind the scenes than with Tobio. IC as well since we know where TK came from and who had it at first, but not IC and with that also being a Longinus, some sort of mention would have probably sufficed on who it may have belonged to. Alpecca Tyrant had that happen before it evolved to a Longinus, yet IC doesn't get that treatment even despite being mentioned way earlier than Alpecca Tyrant had in Shin.

The fact again that Ishibumi had teased about Mitsuya's importance in the same line as Slash Dog and DxD (Or as in, Tobio's, Issei, and Vali's) in both stories of DxD and S/D feels like he's got some major roles and events that happened even more behind the scenes than with Tobio
Another reason to lament Ishibumi’s illness. He hyped us with so many things and potential spin-offs, then now it’s just radio silence. Think he said he wanted to do another one with middle aged Issei as a mentor.

He doesn’t even tweet interesting stuff anymore.

Rippu is actually a blessing to the series, because beyond Junior, he could potentially write the other ideas Ishi might be unable to.

Another reason to lament Ishibumi’s illness. He hyped us with so many things and potential spin-offs, then now it’s just radio silence. Think he said he wanted to do another one with middle aged Issei as a mentor.

He doesn’t even tweet interesting stuff anymore.

Rippu is actually a blessing to the series, because beyond Junior, he could potentially write the other ideas Ishi might be unable to.
That's how I feel with Hikaru Sakurai, a freelance writer known for being part of Type Moon's Fate series writing.

She had this series called the Steampunk Series (released by VN pub, Liar-soft) and she had like a bunch of story ideas and spin offs I think that would have really got more people to enjoy. But then she started tweeting about it less and less over the years until like 2-3 yrs ago and in that time have been fully into the Fate Series iirc.

Hell, her series having loads of untranslated short stories and whatnot is the reason I got into making my own blogger spot just to make new content lol.

Ishibumi's the same thing. Just like how Sakurai just reposts/retweets Fate fanart stuff, only thing I remember so far and even now that Ishi posts is just anything related to Gundam, whatever game or app thing of DxD, and I think at one point he did Warhammer 40K posts? Or that can be Hagenaya Jin (Demonbane writer) but my point stands as well.

For sure Rippu's a real one. People out there on Twitter and Reddit, and wherever else may moan and smacktalk about him. But it's Rippu's contribution to the series that brought life back into it with something new for once. Sure he's not Ishibumi himself, but Ishibumi DID say he's overlooked it and was impressed with it not only as the supervisor but even as a reader of something connected to his own series. This keeps up, Rippu could be up for doing the other ideas Ishi had as you put that he might not ever do. Maybe even do Denpachi spin off or something, who knows.

Anything is better than no content. If Rippu didn't come on, DxD would be a dead series right now if it hasn't already.

Since it seems like Avi’s volume would be based around the Underworld, then it’s possible that the characters might go to the Norse World for Schwert’s volume.

At least I hope so.

I’m also wondering if the number of main characters will increase with the next volume, much like DxD and Slash Dog.

I wouldn't put it past it if it happens. Ishibumi did say that Rippu's responsible for any of the characters made and appearing in Junior.

DAMN!!!

Only just its debut volume, and it's gotten attention to get some short stories made owo
It’s obvious that DxD fans have been starving, lol. They also did a lot of marketing with Rias as the focal point and released a couple of chapters for free, so it’s good it’s gotten popular enough.

That should only mean positive things.

I know certain things can be subjective like "appreciate what you have", and this is one that's not taken favorably with the so called "fans".
What’s gonna be really crazy is if Junior gets an anime adaptation before season 5. The crash out from those folks on Reddit and Twitter would be genuinely insane.

Now that I think about it, Ishibumi hasn’t written short stories for Slash Dog, right?
Seeing that ORC Website didn't release any TL's for that, that would be a no.
It’s obvious that DxD fans have been starving, lol. They also did a lot of marketing with Rias as the focal point and released a couple of chapters for free, so it’s good it’s gotten popular enough.

That should only mean positive things.
Yuh. For the ones who will take anything, this is pretty big news regardless if Ishibumi did this or not.

I'd say it's also a bit of a throwback to the early chapters given this is set right after Volume 10, and Vol 10 was released originally back in 2011

What’s gonna be really crazy is if Junior gets an anime adaptation before season 5. The crash out from those folks on Reddit and Twitter would be genuinely insane.
So clearly obvious the backlash would be lol.

Although if it means we can get more OPPAI animations in great anime style, especially Zekka and the gang, HOHO!!!

Funnily enough, Zekka's ability to gain new abilities but have her oppai increased reminds me of this one borderline H-anime I remember and it's just so hilarious that this is a thing in DxD yet it fits just as well here lol.

Funnily enough, Zekka's ability to gain new abilities but have her oppai increased reminds me of this one borderline H-anime I remember and it's just so hilarious that this is a thing in DxD yet it fits just as well here lol.
Yeah, I watched that anime years ago but I can’t quite remember the name. When I saw the spoilers for Zekka’s ability, I immediately remembered the main character of that anime lol.

Yeah, I watched that anime years ago but I can’t quite remember the name. When I saw the spoilers for Zekka’s ability, I immediately remembered the main character of that anime lol.
Manyuu Hikenchou is the name. The MC is Manyuu Chifuyu iirc.

She and Zekka would get along just fine owo

Haven’t read it yet, but this is the side story. Apparently, there should be at least six installments.

The Twitter account also confirmed Volume 2 for this fall.
Noice.

That means just this year alone, we get two volumes out of Junior.

Though I wonder how long the run will be given the story is set fairly in the middle of the major arcs of the main series. I would have thought maybe like 6 volumes is it but idk if that's too little or too short with the new chars we're given that's added to the DxD cast and setting.

Manyuu Hikenchou is the name. The MC is Manyuu Chifuyu iirc.

She and Zekka would get along just fine owo

Noice.

That means just this year alone, we get two volumes out of Junior.

Though I wonder how long the run will be given the story is set fairly in the middle of the major arcs of the main series. I would have thought maybe like 6 volumes is it but idk if that's too little or too short with the new chars we're given that's added to the DxD cast and setting.
It could be much longer if the plan is to catch up to the current main series, especially at the current rate. Volume 3 would probably take place around Volume 14's time.

I just hope we can get some major lore reveals, like, stuff that was mentioned in the main series but hasn't been explained. Right now, I'm more interested in JDxD for the world building rather than the characters.

It could be much longer if the plan is to catch up to the current main series, especially at the current rate. Volume 3 would probably take place around Volume 14's time.

I just hope we can get some major lore reveals, like, stuff that was mentioned in the main series but hasn't been explained. Right now, I'm more interested in JDxD for the world building rather than the characters.
Yeah. If not 6, I could see it at least getting to 8. 9 or 10 the tops depending how much each volume covers what or rather takes place concurrently to the main series.

True. Rippu or Ishibumi say that Junior is supposed to explore and discuss things the main series also didn't talk about so that can work to help with DxD's world building.

Volume 3 should be within the Evil Dragon War arc. I guess this story arc would be perfect to reveal what happened with Lilibette’s little sister and the Evil Dragon that destroyed their hometown. Because I really doubt her sister is actually dead.

And I think the character work with Lilibette and her backstory in Volume 1 was similarly good as what original DxD has. It’s on par with the way Ishibumi did his character work with the girls in the earlier volumes of DxD imo.

So I guess the next few volumes would be within the Evil Dragon War at least.

I was thinking the Evil Dragon War Arc would be covered/run concurrently here in Vol 4. Although from Issei dying and reborn as a Dragon with human shaped body to the complicated stuff that happened in Romania or whatever with the vampires, I guess there isn't much for the Junior gang to be involved unless it's with the Evil Dragons war that's probably teased with Lilibette's history with one.

Could go either way but in-universe, the first 21 volumes + first half of 22 all took place in the span of a year so I guess there isn't much to cover for the Junior Gang's side.

Although from Issei dying and reborn as a Dragon with human shaped body to the complicated stuff that happened in Romania or whatever with the vampires, I guess there isn't much for the Junior gang to be involved unless it's with the Evil Dragons war that's probably teased with Lilibette's history with one.
They could introduce more evil dragons and antagonists from Qlippoth, I guess. Khaos Brigade is supposed to be pretty big, and even the Hero Faction is a big group.
Rippu will probably make new characters. Already, the evil dragon that attacked Lilibette’s hometown doesn’t seem to have been mentioned in DxD so I guess there will be more to come.

They could probably stretch it out a few volumes. The arc lasted from v14/16 - v21 for DxD.

I’m just wondering where an actual god-class opponent could come from.

They could introduce more evil dragons and antagonists from Qlippoth, I guess. Khaos Brigade is supposed to be pretty big, and even the Hero Faction is a big group.
Rippu will probably make new characters. Already, the evil dragon that attacked Lilibette’s hometown doesn’t seem to have been mentioned in DxD so I guess there will be more to come.

They could probably stretch it out a few volumes. The arc lasted from v14/16 - v21 for DxD.

I’m just wondering where an actual god-class opponent could come from.
Surely. Considering Lilibette was a membeber of the HF Group initially and all, and there were some unnamed members too, it made up quite a part of the Brigade. Actually I would say if you just count the notable ones with names, it was a really big group as part of an antag faction at the time.

In any case, having more Evil Dragons can work as there's probably some more that haven't been mentioned or appear in the proper series yet that Ishibumi didn't get to use. It's just a matter of who Rippu will cook up to join alongside the Dragons race.

Yeah it's really not that a lot for them to do. I think a few of these volumes could have also happened in short time so Rippu WERE to do something, they could squeeze a bit down on the major events into 2 or 3 volumes however they plan to do it. We'll see.

Kek, that would be something for Zekka and the Sword Art gang to watch out for owo.

Right, I’m also curious about what Zekka’s fated rival would have, as that one girl (forgot her name) said Zekka would need her second sword against her.

It’s reminiscent of how the existence of the White Dragon Emperor was mentioned right before Vali appeared. So, Zekka’s fated rival should be the descendant of Sasaki Kojiro.

Right, I’m also curious about what Zekka’s fated rival would have, as that one girl (forgot her name) said Zekka would need her second sword against her.

It’s reminiscent of how the existence of the White Dragon Emperor was mentioned right before Vali appeared. So, Zekka’s fated rival should be the descendant of Sasaki Kojiro.
IDK who that is either but I did found one of the Hero Faction, Shi Wenggong, who was disappointed in Zekka not having "the other sword" (or second sword) out for her to fight against Zekka with.

A descendent of Kojirou would be evident.

Gotta keep rival traditions alive. It's a thing made out in Fate series, and even here in DxD with the Heavenly Dragons owo

Regarding AP in DxD for the proposed ratings, Maou Class characters have their rating from scaling to a Transfer amped Rias. Which got me thinking, how exactly does the transfer ability work? I see there being two options.

1. Issei grants an accumulated multiplier to the target.

2. Issei gives his own strength to the target.

Initially, I just assumed the former was correct because if the fodder base Issei transfers his power to strong allies, it'd be like adding a drop to a full bucket of water which is nothing like the insanely depicted amps that transfer has been shown giving. But, I remembered a statement from Volume 2.
Yeah, I expected it. Also, “Gift” is a million times stronger if I fight with my allies.
Which got me thinking, maybe the latter isn't so impossible. If this were correct, the amp of Transfer would be Current Issei Strength x 1 Mil + Target.
Now, I may just be overcomplicating it but I thought it was an interesting idea.

Ishibumi has obtained Le iPad, the world is healing.
He said he had another one for years before the current one. Not sure this really means anything.
IDK who that is either but I did found one of the Hero Faction, Shi Wenggong, who was disappointed in Zekka not having "the other sword" (or second sword) out for her to fight against Zekka with.
Just so curious where the second sword is. Did it forcibly separate itself from Eden’s Dual, and why? That would make it similar to Gram or Incinerate Anthem, which can transfer hosts. Also don’t know how it could stay hidden for so long.

Maybe it’s a similar situation with Excalibur’s scabbard, but I would prefer something more interesting.

Newest Short Story had some nice lore, looks pretty good at a glance, looking forward to a translation.
Volume 14 releases in english tomorrow, hopefully the translation offers some nice scaling info.

I feel like SD is more likely to explore those topics, especially with the Sacred Beasts and whatnot. Although it's possible for JDxD also considering that the main reason JP Gods aren't featured is because Ishibumi's religious respects.

I hope the spin-off novel about that sword using girl explore on Shinto myth side, but i feel like it going to be a pointless hope
That would be Slash Dog, and it probably won’t be much because of what Ishibumi said in his afterword about Japanese gods.

As far as Junior goes, it’s hard to say because Zekka doesn’t belong to any particular faction. Right now, it seems to focus more on the human side (Hero Faction). We can expect flashes of the devil side and Norse with the other main characters.

Back