• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School DxD Universe Discussion Thread

Also, it's just headcanon in assuming that Devils have resistance to memory manip, Raynare was outright surprised that Issei was still alive and had no knowledge of Rias or her peerage being in the anime if I recall. The string of events follows: Issei shows Raynare to hs friends -> almost a week passes -> Issei and Raynare go on a date -> Raynare kills Issei -> She leaves -> Rias appears and resurrects Issei -> days pass -> Issei's friends don't remember Raynare but he does -> a few days later, Raynare meets Issei for the first time after his resurrection and is surprised he's alive. Reasoning is "as Raynare erased any and all evidence of her existence to her human disguise, yet Devils like Rias and Issei still remembered her." It's never stated that she specifically erased any devils memories, just Issei's friends as we literally see Issei have an existential crisis over them not remembering. And Raynare left Issei's corpse before Rias showed up (before he became a devil) so even if she did erase his memory around that time, he would've still been a human. And because she was surprised at him beimg alive, it couldn't have been after that either. If you want to argue Issei's memory being fuzzy at the beginning of his reincarnation: Firstly, this was the first time he's ever seen something supernatural and he even says he doesn't believe in it at first. Second, a traumatic event like being murdered can cause memories to be repressed and we've seen other instances of mental trauma related to Raynare later in the series. And Third, I already proved there was no time frame in which she could've done it. Also, devils innately able to sense danger (Issei's first encounter with Dohnaseek), Rias is able to one-shot Raynare, and Rias is surrounded by multiple powerful devils, there's no logical reason for Rias to have her mind wiped by Raynare.

Still remembers Raynare "Lately, I’ve been having the same dream where Yuuma-chan kills me, but I’m still alive, so it had to be a dream."

She thinks he died "Amano Yuuma-chan is standing there.

“Y-Yuuma-chan……?”

She laughs of amusement when she hears my trembling voice.

“Heh. You survived. And as a Devil? Seriously, that is the worst.”

Her voice isn’t the cute voice of Yuuma-chan, and she sounds more like that of a bewitching adult."

Raynare leaving before Rias appears "I can’t even ask her a question as I lie on the ground. Her footsteps get further away from me.

As that happened, I started to lose consciousness. The hole in my stomach must be fatal. I don’t feel any pain, but I realised that I was in seriously bad condition because I could feel that I was about to pass out."

Rias appearance "......If I were to be reborn, I'd want to be......

“So you were the one who called me.”

Suddenly, someone appeared in front of me, and she spoke to me. I can’t tell who it is since my eyes are blurry."

It's looking good, though there are other general abilities like creation of inanimate matter, mind manipulation, etc. Rias showed the mind wiping with Issei's mom in volume 1. Here's another one from chapter 1 of Junior.
And speaking about Devils, I met Rias-senpai right after transferring.

“D-didn’t you show me yokai and demonic swords because you knew I was aware of such beings?”

“Oh, that was on a whim. I thought it would be alright if it’s Zekka-chan.”

“On a whim?!”

“And that was also a cool way to introduce a club, wasn’t it?”

Don’t ask me that, what would you do if I was an ordinary person…

“At times like this, you have to make them believe with your guts!”

That’s some incredible self-confidence! Can you achieve anything with guts?!

“Well, in the worst case, I’d have to erase your memory.”

“Oh, so there’s a convenient magic like that.”

“Though in Devils' case, it’s not magic but demonic powers. And if I do it, it would be physical, you know?”

…That’s insane, could it be that they erase memories by hitting you?

“I’m completely inept as a Devil and can’t use such skillful techniques.”

She said in a cheerful tone as if it was nothing.
Volume DX 7, Life 4:
The surroundings are dark. There is no light at all. We're devils, so we can see in the dark, so we are fine, but if ordinary people come to a place like this, they'll probably stumble or bump into trees and get hurt.

For now, when we meet a Human, we will cast a spell on them, hypnotise them and take them back to a place with human habitation.

In the case of ghosts, we talk to them to make them rest in peace. If it doesn't work, we'll have to make them disappear by force. ......I'm a Devil, so I can easily deal with a vengeful ghost with a Dragon Shot. ......But I'm still scared of meeting ghosts.
More proof of enhanced senses would be that they can see some invisible things humans can't. I'm not sure if it's redundant to add; if not, I could always look for the quotes at some point.

Last edited:
Also, I have a question. It's stated that the scythes of grim reapers ignore physical defenses (don't leave any wounds), rather striking at the soul instead.

But Azazel says the damage taken to the soul will depend on how strong the person is. Does it mean the supernatural souls are more resilient than normal souls, or? Grendel did withstand many of Sairaorg's soul punches as well.

This is from Life 2 or 3 of volume 16, if I remember right.

Also, I have a question. It's stated that the scythes of grim reapers ignore physical defenses (don't leave any wounds), rather striking at the soul instead.

But Azazel says the damage taken to the soul will depend on how strong the person is. Does it mean the supernatural souls are more resilient than normal souls, or? Grendel did withstand many of Sairaorg's soul punches as well.

Souls should therefore have a certain "power" so that the damage varies.

should everyone get EE lr something like that.

It’s pretty established that when using certain attacks or something it completely erases them from existence, including their sould.

Obviously this could just apply to demons and angels ir it could just be a part of thei natural physiology

should everyone get EE lr something like that.

It’s pretty established that when using certain attacks or something it completely erases them from existence, including their sould.

Obviously this could just apply to demons and angels ir it could just be a part of thei natural physiology
Pretty sure that's just an advanced application of the Power of Destruction, which Rias only learned by volume 16 or so. I don't remember anyone else having that description.

Pretty sure that's just an advanced application of the Power of Destruction, which Rias only learned by volume 16 or so. I don't remember anyone else having that description.
Pretty sure in the first few episodes and volumes when they're killing rogue demons and whatnot it's stated that they are just straight up erased and do not exist anymore.

“Good Evening! I’m an errand boy from the Devil Gremory-sama! Excuse me, but this is the house that summoned us right?”

It should be okay with this.

Devils can only be sensed by humans who want to make contracts. Even if I do something like this in the middle of the night, the neighbours won’t know what’s going on.

It seems like only the client can hear what I just said. During the time when we're doing our job as Devils, a special demonic power gets activated, so it won’t cause trouble to those who aren’t involved. That’s what Buchou told me.

Passive perception manipulation

“Good Evening! I’m an errand boy from the Devil Gremory-sama! Excuse me, but this is the house that summoned us right?”

It should be okay with this.

Devils can only be sensed by humans who want to make contracts. Even if I do something like this in the middle of the night, the neighbours won’t know what’s going on.

It seems like only the client can hear what I just said. During the time when we're doing our job as Devils, a special demonic power gets activated, so it won’t cause trouble to those who aren’t involved. That’s what Buchou told me.

Passive perception manipulation
Cite the volume and chapter so Qliphoth can add to his blog.

Pretty sure in the first few episodes and volumes when they're killing rogue demons and whatnot it's stated that they are just straight up erased and do not exist anymore.
What I remember is that holy attacks 'erase' demons, though I don't think it's meant to literal existence erasure.

Volume 3
Buchou jumped from behind Akeno-san and released an enormous black block of demonic-power. The blow from the power of destruction. Buchou’s demonic power is a powerful one that eliminates everything it touches.
Volume 11
“Then how about the power of destruction!”
Rias shoots it with enough demonic power to make things around her dissapear, but it didn’t do anything either! Is it stubbornly hard or does it have the power to avoid all attacks?
Volume 13
I was speechless after seeing Millicas-sama make his move.
--He’s fast!
He came with speed which isn’t that of a child! After covering his hand in red aura, he shoots the demonic power at me after making a few feints!
The attack which was released by the boy, is the same power of destruction that his father and aunt possess!
……….I can’t believe it. His demonic power is more powerful than I thought! I evaded the demonic power which is coming at me, leaving Kiba in it's path.
Kiba barely dodged it and blocks it with his demonic sword…..
BASHU!
Along with the sound of an object being grazed, the edge of Kiba’s demonic sword…..has been eliminated!
Volume 13
Millicas-sama shortens the distance, while we were shocked and shoots out his demonic power! This time he shot the demonic power like a shotgun! Many bullets of power of destruction come at us!
You get erased by the power of destruction just by touching it. It has an unimaginable characteristic which is very hard to block against. Rias’ demonic power is also deadly if it hits. Although she ends up encountering those she can’t directly hit with it……
Volume 14
A bit later, both of them finally showed up. It seemed like they did quite a lot of training, so both of them had their jerseys worn out and their skin was visible. Yup! Rias and Akeno-san’s lower part of their breasts was superb! —Then, I gulped down my spit when I witnessed the object which came along with them. ...The gigantic sphere floating above Rias. A crimson and black aura was going wild inside the sphere. ...Even I could tell. It was something which was a compression of unimaginable amount of demonic power. I asked both of them while pointing at the sphere.
“...What is that thing which has been giving abnormal pressure since before...?”
It’s Buchou’s new special move. ...Like I thought, you can tell?”
Xenovia nodded at Akeno-san’s words while having sweat fall down from her cheek.
“Yeah. It’s quite a dangerous thing, isn’t it? It’s one of those demonic power attacks which you don’t want to be hit with.”
Yeah. I could tell that it was something which was concentrated on destruction only. It was something which she used by strengthening her Power of Destruction, right? No, since it was Rias that we were talking about, that wasn’t the only thing. Except, if it was only used for shooting it, a demonic power attack which was that big could be dodged easily. It seemed like it wasn’t just mainly power. Rias then said.
“...This crimson sphere will definitely become a forbidden move for the game. I was too naïve until now. After all, I was thinking of an attack which can be used for the game... But after receiving an assault from the terrorists and losing Ise once, I changed my view. What I need in actual battle is a power which will completely annihilate the enemy.
Volume 16
“—Thank you. It’s alright now. My technique is completed.
Rias’s voice reaches us.
When I turn around—I witness Rias who has made a giant sphere of destruction.
Rias sighs as she walks towards us with the sphere of destruction.
I hate it that there are so many enemies where my attacks won’t work on them. However, I can’t show my miserable side to my own servants, can I? —That’s why I also made one. Something you would call a special move.”
“Everyone, get away! Move back behind Rias!”
Everyone moves away from Grendel at Akeno-san’s voice! We move back behind Rias.
“Blow away!”
Rias releases the giant sphere of destruction to the front!
The sphere moves slowly. In a velocity where I feel it is slow. But it is showing its power as it simply moves through the air since it trims away the floor.
[Huh? What the hell is that? It’s fricken slow!]

Even Grendel releases an idiotic voice at it.
But—, that sphere starts to have crimson and black aura swirl inside it.
……When I’m observing it to see what kind of effect it has, I can tell that Grendel’s body is being pulled little by little by it.
He also realises that his body is being pulled by the sphere and tries to resist, but it doesn’t work and his body stumbles making him take a few steps forward.
He even tries to resist by getting on his knees……but eventually his whole body moves.
[……Guo!? I’m being pulled!? Such power of attraction!]

Conclusion
Rias' Power of Destruction is stated to be the same as Sirzechs' (where a majority of the EE statements come from) and Milicas', it's stated multiple times to "trim things away" "make things vanish" "eliminates whatever it touches" "completely annihilate the enemy" "erase whatever it touches" make things around her disappear". The main problem with her ability is that it could easily be avoided which she says multiple times, not that it lacked the main characteristic of the Power of Destruction completely. That's why she made the technique have a gravitational pull, so it couldn't be escaped from. If it was just a strong blast, it wouldn't be a special bloodline trait exclusively for High Class and above Devils as Volume 2 Issei (a Low Class with barely any training) has enough skill to create his own demonic power pullet. So Rias should have EE in all keys, Sirzechs too and everyone who's shown resisting the ability should get a resistance to it on their profile.

What I remember is that holy attacks 'erase' demons, though I don't think it's meant to literal existence erasure.
I believe there's other examples where angels meet the same fate, but there is def more than one instance of someone getting killed, and they state "They hve been erased from everything/existence." etc.

I believe there's other examples where angels meet the same fate, but there is def more than one instance of someone getting killed, and they state "They hve been erased from everything/existence." etc.
This is said about Supernatural beings like Devils, Fallen Angels, and Angels because they don't have an afterlife.

So Rias should have EE in all keys, Sirzechs too and everyone who's shown resisting the ability should get a resistance to it on their profile.
Didn't she say she only learned how to touch the soul and consciousness in volume 16? That would imply that beforehand, she could only erase the physical body at best. But anyway, there are different levels of existence erasure.

Didn't she say she only learned how to touch the soul and consciousness in volume 16? That would imply that beforehand, she could only erase the physical body at best. But anyway, there are different levels of existence erasure.
She says “Even we don’t want to fight any longer. It’s better for an evil existence like you to get blown away. With my current power, I should be able to eliminate your soul as well. Even though I won’t be able to eliminate you completely, I should be able to stop you from reviving for a while.”
This implies that resistance to the ability is relative to the strength of both parties, like in Dragon Ball, you have resistances to hax based on power. This just means that Rias' attack was at the same level of or greater than Grendel's durability. She doesn't say "with my current level of mastery" or "current level of skill, she specifies power.
Another example from DxD
“The Invincible Purple Skin of the Lion King—Regulus Rey Leather Rex Imperial Purpure—Beast of Supremacy. This is the incarnation of my destruction which has been pushed to the limits. With my life force as a source, it provides a temporary outburst of power…well, although this is a fist which doesn’t possess the power of ‘destruction’, I will gift you the power of the Bael’s ‘destruction’!”

Sairaorg disappeared from sight, and even Saji Genshirou was unable to grasp his brother’s first movements, but Bedeze was able to perceive it and created a defensive magic circle in front of himself. It wasn’t just any ordinary magic circle. Although it appeared rather thin, it was a powerful barrier which was compressed layer upon layer. Without the slightest sound, Sairaorg appeared in front of Bedeze, and then thrust out a sudden punch. His fist was covered in a dense golden and purple touki. The defensive magic circle — was smashed through with ease by a single punch, yet Bedeze didn’t seem to care and instantly made a [Hole]. That [Hole] was going to absorb the punch, and then counter in the same way as before by allowing him to be hit by his own attack. However—. Crack! —A crisp sound was generated. That [Hole] was simply shattered, and that fist struck Bedeze’s abdomen directly! Doon! That single blow caused Bedeze to rapidly cough and throw up blood. That single punch caused the entire Bael castle to tremble. The overwhelming force of that fist went through Bedeze’s body, and destroyed the walls behind him, while the shockwave from that blow continued much further. It flew towards a place that couldn’t even be seen—. Even the ground in front of him had been gouged out. While clutching his abdomen, Bedeze pulled back to increase their distance, while his face was filled with dismay.

Similar to how divide and time stop don't work on enemies too high above the user, and how Cao Cao wasn't able to affect Ophis with his spear.

She says “Even we don’t want to fight any longer. It’s better for an evil existence like you to get blown away. With my current power, I should be able to eliminate your soul as well. Even though I won’t be able to eliminate you completely, I should be able to stop you from reviving for a while.”
This implies that resistance to the ability is relative to the strength of both parties, like in Dragon Ball, you have resistances to hax based on power. This just means that Rias' attack was at the same level of or greater than Grendel's durability. She doesn't say "with my current level of mastery" or "current level of skill, she specifies power.
Another example from DxD
“The Invincible Purple Skin of the Lion King—Regulus Rey Leather Rex Imperial Purpure—Beast of Supremacy. This is the incarnation of my destruction which has been pushed to the limits. With my life force as a source, it provides a temporary outburst of power…well, although this is a fist which doesn’t possess the power of ‘destruction’, I will gift you the power of the Bael’s ‘destruction’!”

Sairaorg disappeared from sight, and even Saji Genshirou was unable to grasp his brother’s first movements, but Bedeze was able to perceive it and created a defensive magic circle in front of himself. It wasn’t just any ordinary magic circle. Although it appeared rather thin, it was a powerful barrier which was compressed layer upon layer. Without the slightest sound, Sairaorg appeared in front of Bedeze, and then thrust out a sudden punch. His fist was covered in a dense golden and purple touki. The defensive magic circle — was smashed through with ease by a single punch, yet Bedeze didn’t seem to care and instantly made a [Hole]. That [Hole] was going to absorb the punch, and then counter in the same way as before by allowing him to be hit by his own attack. However—. Crack! —A crisp sound was generated. That [Hole] was simply shattered, and that fist struck Bedeze’s abdomen directly! Doon! That single blow caused Bedeze to rapidly cough and throw up blood. That single punch caused the entire Bael castle to tremble. The overwhelming force of that fist went through Bedeze’s body, and destroyed the walls behind him, while the shockwave from that blow continued much further. It flew towards a place that couldn’t even be seen—. Even the ground in front of him had been gouged out. While clutching his abdomen, Bedeze pulled back to increase their distance, while his face was filled with dismay.

Similar to how divide and time stop don't work on enemies too high above the user, and how Cao Cao wasn't able to affect Ophis with his spear.
Resistance to hax based on strength is actually fairly consistent in DxD so I believe that's the most logical interpretation.

It's looking good, though there are other general abilities like creation of inanimate matter, mind manipulation, etc. Rias showed the mind wiping with Issei's mom in volume 1. Here's another one from chapter 1 of Junior.

Volume DX 7, Life 4:

More proof of enhanced senses would be that they can see some invisible things humans can't. I'm not sure if it's redundant to add; if not, I could always look for the quotes at some point.
Rias showing you can erase memories by smacking people, bruh lol.

Eh, we had that even back in the first volume when Issei started to realize something was off about himself like noting his ability to see things in the dark or hear conversations taking place inside buildings and whatnot. Can be supportive, but probably not needed.

Probably so, yeah. So pretty much quite a number of people who can take attacks straight to their soul without insta-killed based on their soul's power or even just how strong they are in general would give them resistance to that hax.

It's a bit wild that Sacred Gear users don't have Reactive Evolution on their profiles since it's a basic feature of Sacred Gears. Not really used in combat, but still nice for indexing.

AxA Issei (Ryuuteimaru) also should have that, since it can evolve to change its shape, features and develop weapons based on Issei's aura, along with size manipulation (can change its size depending on Issei's aura). Believe the first statement was in the final chapter of volume 13.

Before I forget, Issei's AxA key and Ophis should get a resistance to Tartarus' Abyss abilities (Absorption, BFR, Sealing, Gravity Manipulation) since they could withstand it.

Imma be real but that 2-A ain’t gonna make it and if it does it would be an outlier given the fact that they have many calcs that are consistent vs the 2A which is a 1 time thing

Also the light speed from Raynare honestly wouldn’t make it either or more like shouldn’t be treated as light. Just cause it’s made of it doesn’t mean that when she throws it herself it’s gonna actually travel that fast imo

EDIT: Raynare didn’t even throw it….all she did was try stabbing

Imma be real but that 2-A ain’t gonna make it and if it does it would be an outlier given the fact that they have many calcs that are consistent vs the 2A which is a 1 time thing

Also the light speed from Raynare honestly wouldn’t make it either or more like shouldn’t be treated as light. Just cause it’s made of it doesn’t mean that when she throws it herself it’s gonna actually travel that fast imo

How many times will we have to say large gaps into Tier 2, even 2-A are EXTREMELY common in fiction. It's almost like when you jump from calcable feats to multiverses / universes it's going to be crazy and gets more leniency

Any calc for the LN or it's just the anime?
Mostly Anime (Yield for the total output of the Mountain feat is important for the LN scaling as unlike the Anime, it's stated he actually destroys the mountain), LN scaling can pretty much be figured out without calcing destructive feats as there aren't many anyway and the characters scale above feats like them anyway. Working on a consistent scaling chain rn where the only major feats are Issei's wallbusting in V1 and mountain busting in V2. Destructive Feats aren't necessary a long as you have evidence to support the energy of attacks being a certain level and nothing contradicts it right?

Last edited:

DxD characters massively hold back their DC. If any God accidentally destroyed the Planet, they'd cease to exist. With smaller attacks, they'd risk exposing their existence or damaging civilians and 2-A is only for God Tiers that scale astronomically above the main cast.

It should be treated as light because it is light (outlined here). Light's speed is constant unless stated otherwise right?

In the anime, Raynare does throw the light spear.

Isn't like light from Angel is just, light element rather than actual light, you need to prove that those possesses properties of actual light such as reflect when meet thing like mirror, there are some more i don't remember, and don't ask me, it is standard, you can ask others. But isn't DxD FTL already??

DxD characters massively hold back their DC. If any God accidentally destroyed the Planet, they'd cease to exist. With smaller attacks, they'd risk exposing their existence or damaging civilians and 2-A is only for God Tiers that scale astronomically above the main cast.
Now this claim is, from my not really good memories, totally headcanon, the fact that the verse itself never making a big deal of it too, literally throughout many fights, they always use maximum power. You can't say that Trihexa held back when he was released, and yet with 2-A power he can only damage some Heaven floors, and he should oneshot everyone considering the power gap between him and not God-tier characters, unless you also start to claim that everyone in that Isolated Barrier is also 2-A to hold Trihexa back

Isn't like light from Angel is just, light element rather than actual light, you need to prove that those possesses properties of actual light such as reflect when meet thing like mirror, there are some more i don't remember, and don't ask me, it is standard, you can ask others. But isn't DxD FTL already??

Now this claim is, from my not really good memories, totally headcanon, the fact that the verse itself never making a big deal of it too, literally throughout many fights, they always use maximum power. You can't say that Trihexa held back when he was released, and yet with 2-A power he can only damage some Heaven floors, and he should oneshot everyone considering the power gap between him and not God-tier characters, unless you also start to claim that everyone in that Isolated Barrier is also 2-A to hold Trihexa back
I did, read the blog post. Planning to get them to MFTL+. You'll have to wait until my next blog which will focus on speed scaling once I receive calcs.

I gather all of the demonic-power in my body at one point. I then changed it to a Dragon's power, and transfer it to the holy water and cross.

[Transfer!!]

With this, the holy attack gained incredible powers.

“Akeno-san told me this. To gather the demonic-power that flows throughout your whole body. To concentrate and feel the wave of the demonic-power. Yeah, even an idiot like me can feel it, Akeno-san.”

I then changed my stance so I can hit my opponent.

“Koneko-chan told me this. When you hit someone, aim at the middle of the body and nail it deep into their body accurately!”

This shows Issei focusing his power into a single point.

Queen! Though I wanted to, I had to familiarize myself with the other pieces through combat experience! Also, Fushimi Inari was a famous sight, so it would be best not to use a piece that was too destructive. Buchou also reminded me ‘Listen well, Ise. Do not destroy Kyoto. Even disregarding the other factions getting angry, the Devil world will also seek responsibility. You have to treasure my beloved Kyoto!’. How can I damage Buchou’s favourite place!?

“OK! Promotion, Knight!”

As power flowed into my body, it felt lighter! If I just play hide and seek, it won’t damage Fushimi Inari-taisha, right? For now, let’s use thirty seconds worth of Boost!

[Explosion!!]

The Sacred Gear’s power activated! Then it’s OK! Xenovia and Irina were wielding wooden swords. But those two can still cause destruction with just wooden weapons, so I’d better remind them.

“Xenovia, Irina, though I haven’t figured out the situation yet, remember that this is Kyoto. Though they attacked unreasonably, it would be bad if we hurt them or damaged the surroundings. As much as possible, just driving them away is fine.”

Another Example

“Relax. Despite what it looks like, I did adjust the power. If I felt like it, I could have swept everything clean. My goal is actually to achieve something like your full-powered Dragon Shot, but it doesn’t seem to be that simple. Yes, your kind of Power-type is exactly the ideal battle style that I seek.”

Again

[From Azazel’s comment before, you can say that the Lion’s Sacred Gear has resistance to projectile weapons! Rather than shooting a blast to destroy the whole area, wouldn’t it give more damage if you just concentrate the blast into one point?]

Yeah Ddraig! Minimise the blast area as small as possible to increase the damage I can give him!

Another one

Fourteen Evil Dragons come at us right ahead! I change the piece inside me to “Bishop” and have two cannons appear on my shoulders. The huge amount of aura is charged into my cannons.

—Welsh Blaster Dragon!

I will tune it so I don’t destroy the town but just defeat those guys!

“Alright, here I come!”

The two red auras that come out from the cannons engulf the army of mass-produced Evil Dragons and then blow! The army of Evil Dragons perish with the shot just now! That’s a good sign!

More examples?

Kiba took a breath, and put on a fearless smile.

[…..I didn’t want to show my trump card from the beginning,,,,,,,, But it looks like I will lose more stamina if I continue to hold back. I am in no position to say things to Xenovia.]

Kiba says that as if he’s talking to himself.

One More

“Even when I defeated Tartarus, Seekvaira-san told me to suppress the power. In fact, with limited output, it had such power, right? ...I also thought it was dangerous. Destroying a planet sounds crazy, but I feel like I understand.”

Using that power inside Ryuuteimaru, I realized. It's scary in a different sense than True Dragon Deification. True Dragon Deification was scary because of the risk of the body not being able to adapt, but [A×A] with Ryuuteimaru was too scary because, on the contrary, the risk was low.

“—The current Ryuuteimaru, [A×A], is too dangerous.”

I said so.

“Have your feelings for oppai finally reached planet-breaking levels...?”

Xenovia said with a groan. Rossweisse-san asked with a serious expression.

"....So a restriction in order to be able to unleash that power when you think about doing it, right?"

I said.

“Currently, it’s not quite at a perfect state, so I don’t know how serious it can get... But if I have it shoot at high power, I think it will be able to shoot. That’s why it’s dangerous.”

Supposing it can fire an attack powerful enough to be able to break the planet... there’s no way you could shoot something like that easily. Because it would all be over.

Ophis said, “Ryuuteimaru grew up anticipating future threats. That’s how it seems. That strength is in preparation for something.”

Akeno, Issei, Irina, Kiba, Xenovia, and Koneko examples.

Sensei generated a small magic circle in his hands, and projected the recorded video out. Everyone was left speechless—. The Trihexa which appeared near the coastline of Japan spat out a massive fireball beyond one’s imagination, and destroyed an entire island. The Trihexa which appeared in Europe also blew away the mountains, lakes and forests with its breath of fire—. …It was mass destruction on a level which would change the world map. As the video continued, the fighter jets, and warships of various countries were shown confronting Trihexa…but they were ruthlessly crashed or sunk by the armies of fake Sekiryuutei and Evil Dragons…. Those bastards, they really were starting to attack the human world…. Up until now, they ignored the human world, and simply went after us, but this time…they involved the entire human world in this. The scale of this was already far beyond what happened with the Old Maou faction, Hero faction, or the terrorist attacks aimed at supernatural existences. —The malice of Rizevim had spread to the human world in the end. Trihexa had seven heads when it attacked the Norse mythology, and now there was only one. It also had just one tail. But, the heads and tails of Trihexa which appeared in the territories of various mythologies were all different. They were probably differentiated by their heads. The Trihexa which appeared in the coastal waters of Japan, its head was a dragon’s head…. Witnessing this scene, Asia began to cry and at the same time, became angry.

All of the other enemies also purposely left the earth alone, and the Trihexa clone destroying an island is bad because it draws attention to them.

In the human world, Trihexa and the Evil Dragons left behind a tremendous impact, as well as the irregular, supernatural presences which fought against them; all of them were recorded by the media, and it triggered an enormous and controversial debate between humans. And so, this battle left behind an inerasable scar on both the human world, and the supernatural worlds. However, in this campaign, a new hope was also born. Two future Super Devil candidates appeared on the Devil’s side.

Proof Supernatural beings tried to hide their existence.

“I will tell you one thing, youngster. All of the factions are saying “Peace” and “Negotiation”. But within their mind they are thinking that “Our mythology is the strongest! Other mythologies should just be wiped out, you shit!”. The shitty-geezer, Odin, and shitty-old man, Zeus, are the only ones who don’t think like that and they are naïve. After all, its easy to gather the thoughts of humans if the God they believe in doesn’t exist! It’s common sense to think that other religions can just rot, you know? Just how many Gods do you think exist that fell so low because your religion invaded our territory and took away our believers and lowered the beliefs they had towards us by making us turn into “myths”? You should just look back on each mythology. Gods are beings who are more honest with their grudges and hard feelings than humans, you know?”

Without Humanity, all gods would die. So I believe this is enough to prove what I said wasn't headcanon and the discrepancy between AP and DC within the verse. As for the Trihexa stuff.

[Serafall, Falbium and I, as well as my peerage will depart from here to the ‘Isolation Barrier Field’ that was created by Azazel and the others specifically for use against Trihexa. We will also seal the original body and the core within that field. And be confined together with it. The higher ups of the other factions have also agreed to this plan. Azazel, Michael-dono, Odin-sama, Zeus-sama, and other gods will also implement this plan in their respective territories at the same time.]

They sealed Trihexa's power while keeping their own, "specifically for use against Trihexa." indicates the negatives of the field only apply to Trihexa.

Azazel spread his wings, and then slowly ascended into the sky. A huge crack in space occurred above its head. The crack gradually expanded, and then became like a hole. Its size was sufficient to absorb Trihexa’s entire body. On the other side of the hole was an endless darkness. It seemed quite similar to the Dimensional Gap. Azazel said,

“There is a specialised sealing field on the other side. It’s called the [Isolation Barrier Field]. It incorporates the technology of the Rating Games, the secret techniques of the [Game] that Ajuka Beelzebub designed, Heaven’s Sacred Gear system, the System of God which is responsible for miracles, Rossweisse’s research on barrier techniques, the principles of the Nordic World Tree Yggdrasil as well as the research results that the Grigori has accumulated over the years; all of it has been integrated together to produce a single world. Put in simple terms, it is the product of all of our research to design a cage exclusively for Trihexa. However, Rossweisse has no idea about what we’re going to do with it. If she found out about it, she would definitely be in opposition.”

Rossweisse's research was based on the seal God used on Trihexa which weakened him to the point he was sealed for thousands of years. The Sacred Gear system manages the powers of the sacred gears of which there are many that weaken opponents, and it would be a miracle if Sirzechs, Azazel, and the others didn't die against Trihexa. So obvious Trihexa wasn't at full power.

About the Heaven thing, Trihexa is a mindless creature, you cant expect it to purposely release a full power attack that would destroy everything. It's a literal case of character induced stupidity. "Character-Induced Stupidity, or CIS for short, refers to the mental limits of a character that cause them to perform at below the true potential of their powers. The term is somewhat of a misnomer, since it refers to more than just stupidity - it could also refer to a character's unawareness, morals, or any other mental characteristic that limits the use of their powers." And with that I covered everything, getting back to my blog now.

Last edited:
Right now, the Boosted Gear multiplier blog (which I have a decent amount of faith in it getting accepted) can't really progress until the mountain calc comes back so just in case anyone has a decent amount of knowledge with this kinda thing, I'd appreciate it if you could help. I have the raws and translated it through DeepL and it looks like vaporization, here's the mountain size for reference. (I believe the size of the mountain should be the same as the anime because the timeline splits at the beginning of season 1, meaning that the mountain's formation which happened before the events of the series should be the same.) I'm not good with calcs but I think I offered enough to get a decently accurate size for the mountain.

IIRC, the villains did hold back their power as they were explicitly not trying to destroy everything. That's why they only destroyed part of each faction before moving on to the next.

“These Evil Dragons have not completely destroyed any of the factions; they simply think that they can accomplish their task by destroying some of it. After that, they immediately head over to their next target for destruction. Their strategy is simply too unrefined. …They’re able to transport themselves without any signs of preparation, which should be part of Aži Dahāka’s forbidden technique. That is also rather difficult to deal with. Could it be that those fake Sekiryuutei can use Boost and Transfer, which allows them to enhance the forbidden technique? If that really is the case…. No matter the time or place, they would be able to invade regardless of any barrier. That would make the cooperation between various factions quite difficult, after all, each faction places the protection of its own faction above all else.”

How many times will we have to say large gaps into Tier 2, even 2-A are EXTREMELY common in fiction. It's almost like when you jump from calcable feats to multiverses / universes it's going to be crazy and gets more leniency
It’s still considered and outsider since again we got more consistent feat that ranges from in the tier 7s and like a few tier 6. I have no problem with them being 2A if it was later on but if I read it correctly, the scene takes place when is either in BoS or somewhere in the middle of the series

It’s still considered and outsider since again we got more consistent feat that ranges from in the tier 7s and like a few tier 6. I have no problem with them being 2A if it was later on but if I read it correctly, the scene takes place when is either in BoS or somewhere in the middle of the series
DG Feat takes place in the latter half of BorN so it's near the end of the timeline and is corroborated by Loki's feat of a similar magnitude that Issei scales to. If you're referring to Ophis/Great Red being 2-A then they massively outscale lower tiers to the point where comparing them is meaningless. In regards to feats, like I showed earlier, DxD characters always massively hold back their DC so it's illogical to state that those feats are maximum output. Even more so when using consistent stated multipliers, the characters scale way above their feats. So DC feats should only be taken as a minimum not a cap. And during the events of the Loki fight it is stated by the author that they're much stronger than their LN counterparts. Also, Georg who's very much a low tier had a 4-A feat.

Last edited:
Back