• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School DxD Universe Discussion Thread

Can someone link me the crts ongoing rn? I'll ping staff
I was planning to wait until the calcs came back so I could do everything at once but it'd probably be better to get it out of the way now.

DG Feat takes place in the latter half of BorN so it's near the end of the timeline and is corroborated by Loki's feat of a similar magnitude that Issei scales to. If you're referring to Ophis/Great Red being 2-A then they massively outscale lower tiers to the point where comparing them is meaningless. In regards to feats, like I showed earlier, DxD characters always massively hold back their DC so it's illogical to state that those feats are maximum output. Even more so when using consistent stated multipliers, the characters scale way above their feats. So DC feats should only be taken as a minimum not a cap. And during the events of the Loki fight it is stated by the author that they're much stronger than their LN counterparts. Also, Georg who's very much a low tier had a 4-A feat.
On second thought, Georg's anime feat might actually be High 3-A.

DG Feat takes place in the latter half of BorN so it's near the end of the timeline and is corroborated by Loki's feat of a similar magnitude that Issei scales to. If you're referring to Ophis/Great Red being 2-A then they massively outscale lower tiers to the point where comparing them is meaningless. In regards to feats, like I showed earlier, DxD characters always massively hold back their DC so it's illogical to state that those feats are maximum output. Even more so when using consistent stated multipliers, the characters scale way above their feats. So DC feats should only be taken as a minimum not a cap. And during the events of the Loki fight it is stated by the author that they're much stronger than their LN counterparts. Also, Georg who's very much a low tier had a 4-A feat.
Where does it say anime counterparts are stronger than the LN version + they always hold back?

The link for holding back….doesnt say anywhere for it though unless I keep overseeing it?

For the 2nd link, u might wanna ask someone on here if they can translate Since google is know to still some words. I think there are a few people who knows kanji/hiragana but I don’t remember who

The link for holding back….doesnt say anywhere for it though unless I keep overseeing it?

For the 2nd link, u might wanna ask someone on here if they can translate Since google is know to still some words. I think there are a few people who knows kanji/hiragana but I don’t remember who
Try reloading the page.

I don't think that's necessary, I ran it through DeepL as well and the result was similar but more accurate with Google Translate. Plus, it's not exactly something difficult to translate, the words aren't too complex. And it would likely take a long time to get a tl anyway, the calcs and crts have been going on for days and there hasn't been much progress.

IF we really need to I know a guy but it's not that big of an issue

IF we really need to I know a guy but it's not that big of an issue
We should. Google translate is known to get words wrong. If ya can, contact the person if they can translate. Doesn’t have to be word for word but as long as it’s pretty much close to it then it should be fine

Try reloading the page.

I don't think that's necessary, I ran it through DeepL as well and the result was similar but more accurate with Google Translate. Plus, it's not exactly something difficult to translate, the words aren't too complex. And it would likely take a long time to get a tl anyway, the calcs and crts have been going on for days and there hasn't been much progress.
For the 1st link I meant where is says they are holding back. I can’t find it anywhere saying that

Try reloading the page.

Just now seeing this. It’s still best to ask for someone to translate that knows such kanji/hiragana. In the past, translation through devices had thing said wrong with had the series to be fixed

Continuing from this. I'll still look for the quotes for the other suggestions later.

Perception blocking/manipulation (?):
Volume DX 5, chapter 6:

Slash Dog volume 1, chapter 5:

Dragons' resistance to heat and cold:

Volume DX 6, Extra Life:

Empathic Manipulation for vampires
(they can use charm techniques):

New BD, Volume 4:
This is the Vali Team thing I was trying to remember. Looking at it again,, I'm not exactly sure what "gives effects to mind and body" means.
Volume 15, Life 2
Xuanzang Sanzang then says.

“This is the interval that lies between the normal world and the hidden village where Youkai hermits reside. The mists around this area are made by a special technique to stop immature and evil hearted Youkai hermits from causing trouble to the human world. It will give effect to weak Youkai and practitioners to both their mind and body simply by touching this mist. For all of you to be capable of moving within these mists prove that all of you are quite powerful. I will also tell you the path which isn’t that easy for other hermits to notice your presence. So please go through that path afterwards.”

This is the Vali Team thing I was trying to remember. Looking at it again,, I'm not exactly sure what "gives effects to mind and body" means.
Volume 15, Life 2
From the way the text is presented, my guess is based on the "technique meant to stop immature and evil hearted Youkai hermits from causing trouble in the human world" means its supposed to make them just cease up or prevent them from taking action. And I guess this means not just physically stop them but also mentally.

Maybe it's some sort of restraint technique?

So basically everyone should have resistance to soul damage for the reasons stated before.

Demonic energy being able to suppress poison is in volume 11 and 12.
Mind Manipulation:

Shin DxD Vol 1, Life 3:
Despite being a powerful brainwashing technique, it was not functioning properly… What a weird story. Rossweisse-san continued.

“The magic was a God-class’ one. It is ancient Olympus magic. The one who abducted her must be one of the rulers of Hell, who is Olympus’ primordial God. As for the why the magic didn’t function properly, probably, the power that Ingvild was born with…the demonic power of the descendant of the Maou Leviathan resists it. My opinion is that even God-class magic won’t be able to affect the demonic power of Maou’s descendants easily.”
The part where Issei gets possessed.
Volume DX 6, Life 4:
the mummy was lying in the coffin, with its eyes sockets glowing! I gazed at that light!

Then in that instant─

My body stopped moving as if I had been bound by something, and my mouth started moving by itself.

[Who is the one who woke me up from my slumber?]

A low male voice came out of my mouth! What the hell is this!? What's going on?! I c-can't move my body!

“It isn't Ise-san's voice!”

Asia was shocked! Ah, I feel the same! Or rather, I can't speak! I can't even move the tip of a finger!
Then manages to resist shortly after:
I managed to muster up the courage and sharpen my spirit! Then...I tried to stop my body from heading for Akeno-san!

[...Kuu!]

The mummy man moved my body, but ─ I slowed those movements down! Ooh, my solid will was working! Taking the chance, I tried to move my mouth!

“...C-Can you hear me, everyone! A-as we thought, this guy's dangerous!”

[What are you doing, you bastard! After a while, you would be released too, you know!? Moreover, weren't you enjoying all of these dispelling methods!?]

From the way the text is presented, my guess is based on the "technique meant to stop immature and evil hearted Youkai hermits from causing trouble in the human world" means its supposed to make them just cease up or prevent them from taking action. And I guess this means not just physically stop them but also mentally.

Maybe it's some sort of restraint technique?
I used to interpret it as some kind of physical and mental damage effect. IDK.

What are some instances in DxD that are the cause for VSBW not accepting the multipliers for Boosts? I've covered the first nine volumes of the series already in a blog and haven't found anything?

Also, Saji's a good example of soul manipulation, Tannin states it's an ability all devils possess, Volume 5:
There was something else strange as well. Though my armour should be firm, every time Saji managed to hit me, my mind and body shook and resounded. It was gradually becoming distinct, and the pain I was receiving told me that I was surely swelling up beneath my armour. —I was also certainly receiving damage!

“…I’ll win…Today, I’ll defeat you…I’ll take the first step towards my dream…”

What was this person before me? While spitting out bloody vomit, what was he?

At that time, I recalled in my mind the words that Tannin-ossan had said to me during training.

[Kid. Listen carefully. The most fearful attack is a “heavy blow”.]

[A heavy blow?]

[Yeah, the Rating Games that you’ll be fighting in from now on will have various people fighting with various feelings. For the sake of one’s desire, for the sake of a hobby, for the sake of one’s family, for the sake of a woman, for the sake of wealth, and for the sake of a dream. Various thoughts and feelings mix together. Among these, there are even people who have invested their lives into the games. Among the participants in this hellish iron pot, there is an attack that must be feared the most. That is the “heavy blow”.]

[Is that a special final move? Or a Sacred Gear? A magic technique?]

[—No. Kid, grasp your fist. What is being grasped inside your hand there?]

[……I don’t know.]

[It is “filled” with something. A dream, or a soul. One’s life is “put into” that fist. This is, above all, dangerous. If one has time to prepare other attacks, this blow can be dealt with to a certain extent one way or another. But, just that is not enough. The “heavy blow” reaches to the core of the body. This is effective. It is frighteningly effective. Even in the Underworld with its demonic power and science, the damage of that blow can’t be expressed clearly. But, the ones who had been hit with this blow understand. Yeah, this is bad, they think. An opponent that can release this blow is an unmistakably, genuine strong enemy. You must never go easy against them. If an opponent can release that blow even if he is of a lower level than you, that is a different story. If you receive that blow, the battle situation will change completely. It pierces you. No matter what defence you use against it, it will reach the core of your body.]

I understand now, ossan. Saji’s blows were piercing me. They were passing through my armour and reaching my body!

[This spirit. Is the “Prison Dragon” that sleeps in his Sacred Gear responding to Saji’s feelings?]

All Devils should have duraneg and soul manipulation via the Heavy Blow.

Last edited:
So basically everyone should have resistance to soul damage for the reasons stated before.

Demonic energy being able to suppress poison is in volume 11 and 12.
Mind Manipulation:

Shin DxD Vol 1, Life 3:

The part where Issei gets possessed.
Volume DX 6, Life 4:

Then manages to resist shortly after:
Definitely. I think what @MasqueTLDF also put could be justified for even Low-Mid Class Devils (what I think Issei and Saji are at, probably maybe still Low Class at this point but reaching Mid Class) could be justified too?

Guess it would depend how one sees it. I remember something about Greyfia's brother or someone, maybe Rizevim(?) talking about Devils being people with strong desires or some sort of that line. I would have called that being hyperbolic or stretching, but maybe this can be legit on everyone who has really strong passions like Sairaorg, Saji, Issei even, etc. putting in so much of their dreams and desires into their fists they'd rock someone down to their core like their soul?

Speaking of, I actually forgot how several of the characters has soul hax. Besides Sairaorg's punches, we also got Saji w/Vritra's full SG set having flames that can burn someone physically and spiritually (body and soul), the Grim Reaper's scythe thing, Vali's/Albion's Reduce which is a poison that erases people including their soul, I think Koneko's Senjutsu or something that allows her to seal souls, and the Bael Clan's PoD being able to erase consciousness and soul (mainly found that out from this here. No sources, but just off the way they're described, I can get some idea to find them pretty easily enough or on DxD wiki on their reference list).

Ah, these will be good additions. Although I feel like the mind manipulation one would be a bit complex to explain since that was in the situation of a descendent with Maou-Class DP vs God-Class magic power, and afaik Maou's and Gods are roughly around the same power level for the most part, with I think Gods being stronger with the whole "DxD" world being named as such by Evies for the two races that are said worlds respective strongest races (Draconic [Dragons] x Deus [Gods/Deities]? If that makes sense?

The possession one might be rendered under "minor resistance to possession" by this fandom's standards (as that's a thing you can list as I learned), since Issei DID get possessed at first only to break out of it out of sheer will but even then still was being controlled. Unless the possession thing didn't last that long until he broke out then in that case, it could be just a flat resistance to possession.

Speaking of, I actually forgot how several of the characters has soul hax. Besides Sairaorg's punches, we also got Saji w/Vritra's full SG set having flames that can burn someone physically and spiritually (body and soul), the Grim Reaper's scythe thing, Vali's/Albion's Reduce which is a poison that erases people including their soul, I think Koneko's Senjutsu or something that allows her to seal souls, and the Bael Clan's PoD being able to erase consciousness and soul (mainly found that out from this here. No sources, but just off the way they're described, I can get some idea to find them pretty easily enough or on DxD wiki on their reference list).
That's some of it. Other people can seal souls within sacred gears and there's Sephiroth Graal.

• Yamata's poison affects the soul, as stated in vol 18.
  • Incinerate Anthem can absorb souls
  • The curse that affected Meguri before she became a devil affected her soul IIRC (not certain)
  • There's Tobio who can cut the soul too

Not sure if there's anything else.

For the Maou question, they can fight low class gods or gods from a non battle origin. Combat type gods are stronger.

It's a bit wild that Sacred Gear users don't have Reactive Evolution on their profiles since it's a basic feature of Sacred Gears. Not really used in combat, but still nice for indexing.

AxA Issei (Ryuuteimaru) also should have that, since it can evolve to change its shape, features and develop weapons based on Issei's aura, along with size manipulation (can change its size depending on Issei's aura). Believe the first statement was in the final chapter of volume 13.

Before I forget, Issei's AxA key and Ophis should get a resistance to Tartarus' Abyss abilities (Absorption, BFR, Sealing, Gravity Manipulation) since they could withstand it.
Well, aside from AxA Issei, weakened Ophis ignored the Abyss too. Should it apply to Great Red and Trihexa too? Aside from Great Red being a Dragon God, we know nothing else can be done with Trihexa aside from the current strategy. If he could be affected by the Abyss, they would have used that instead of the Isolation Barrier Field.

Not to mention, even though the IBF was specifically designed to seal Trihexa, it would have escaped with enough time.

Last edited:
That's some of it. Other people can seal souls within sacred gears and there's Sephiroth Graal.

• Yamata's poison affects the soul, as stated in vol 18.
  • Incinerate Anthem can absorb souls
  • The curse that affected Meguri before she became a devil affected her soul IIRC (not certain)
  • There's Tobio who can cut the soul too

Not sure if there's anything else.

For the Maou question, they can fight low class gods or gods from a non battle origin. Combat type gods are stronger.
Basically a lot of soul hax here and there, with some of them having been resisted or otherwise.

And right, true. It would certainly explain the likes of Thor and the Hindu Trinity Gods + Indra being on the Top 10 list.

Also, I found the mentions of poison you list the location on:

After checking Kuroka out, I was walking towards the room where “that” guy was resting. When I got inside the room, Vali had his upper body up and was laying down. His wounds are healed thanks to Asia, but his face looks awfully bad. He is breathing violently and he seems to be in great pain. The curse of Samael must be circulating throughout his body. ……It is my first time seeing him like this and I don’t want to see him like this either.

“……I never thought you would take that much damage from one attack.”

When I said that, he makes a bitter smile.

“Seems like I showed something unpleasant. I came here to take down Cao Cao but ended up like this.”

It means that that’s how insane the Dragon-Eater Samael’s curse is; though I didn’t think you would go down without doing anything.

There seriously wasn’t anything we could do. Getting hit once made this guy, who is basically an embodiment of power, go down. That scene is burnt into my memory. There must be a reason why Cao Cao used Samael in that situation. That must have been the only way he had to stop Vali who was about to use Juggernaut-Drive.

While sprinkling blood, Shalba created a magic-circle within his hand. What appeared from there was…….a single arrow.

PYUU!

It flew at me high velocity and hit my right arm piercing through my armour. This won’t…..

I tried to pull out the arrow. Then intense pain hit me!

…..Through my arm, intense pain spread throughout my body….! At the same time it felt like my power was leaving me! My hands are shaking…. What…..is this…..? Shalba laughed seeing that.

“Fuhahahahaha! It’s painful right!? It’s hard to endure right!? Of course! The tip of that arrow, is covered with the blood of Samael! I received it from Hades! I kept it to use against Vali just in case…. But for me to use it against garbage like you….. No matter now. With this, the situation is reverted. If you have high demonic-powers like Vali then you could have endured it a bit. But for someone like you who seems to have no talent in demonic-powers, then you will die.”

…..I see. Samael’s blood. This is the poison and curse of the Dragon Eater. Wait, you allied with Hades?

….Then that means that this guy lured that Grim Reaper here….? It seems like the reason why Pluto ran away first lies behind that. What are they plotting between the Hero-faction and the Old-Maou faction? Killing between groups? Sensei and Siegfried did say they just wanted to annoy them…. But it sure hurts a lot. If I think about it, this is my first time receiving dragon-slayer damage…. My body was cold, and in pain, shaking.

[It even reached here Partner. It’s so strong that I lost my consciousness for a time….]

So Samael’s curse even reached Ddraig who is just a soul.

GOUGH.

……Blood also came out from my mouth. It’s different from the pain from a Holy Sword……. But since I received a stab from a Holy Sword, I can somehow withstand this pain. Getting used to pain is a bit weird, but this is because I have been through battles where I might have died. Well anyway I just need to beat this guy before me! I expanded my Dragon wings and flew towards Shalba! He became shocked after seeing me.

“You are supposed to have received a curse! Why can you move!? Why aren’t you afraid!? Are you telling me you are not afraid of death!?”

Shut up!? Of course I am scared! But it seems like even scarier things will happen if I leave you alive! That’s why I will beat you up first!

…His… It seems like the death of Ise-kun has already reached this person as well. Yes. We lost one of our important comrades, Hyoudou Issei, the Sekiryuutei, at the starting point of this crisis. Ise-kun went to retrieve Ophis, who was taken by Shalba Beelzebub, on his own. We tried to summon him back with the Dragon Gate after returning back to our world…but what came back to us were the Evil Pieces. Only eight Pawn Evil Pieces.

…Only the Evil Pieces came back, but along with his Evil Pieces, the aura of Samael was also detected. So we could only think that Ise-kun received the curse of Samael during his battle against Shalba. He couldn’t return for that reason… We don’t know how the power of Samael’s curse was released, but the aura of Samael definitely came past the Dragon Gate. Shalba must have made an alliance with Hades.

There is no way for him to be safe after receiving Samael’s curse because he has insufficient demonic power to defend against it. We were told that clearly by Azazel-sensei. In the past, there were cases where only the Evil Pieces were summoned, and I heard that in all of them, the person summoned was definitely not alive. Servants who have a strong will to return only their Evil Pieces can make that phenomenon occur. And Evil Pieces that have returned have already stopped functioning and cannot be used ever again.

I was also looking for more examples of poison usage and maybe resistance, but didn't get any.

The only other usages of them were Kuroka's poison mist on Koneko and Rias where they got affected due to it being used against them but had no effect on dragons or dragon-based/related SG users like Issei in Vol 5, and there's Yamata's poison that Issei said wasn't as deadly as Samael's but still painful but the only person I see mentioned to be used on was Irina's old man and he was barely holding on until he had Heaven's treatment care.

Although it PROBABLY could scale if weirdly since Irina's dad wasn't said to be reincarnated as an Angel or whatever, meaning he took the poison of an Evil Dragon as a Human and if things like demonic power like Vali's capacity could help him endure Samael's poison that's supposed to be even more deadly and Yamata's, that could probably bump or add to their resistance to poison...I think.

The only other usages of them were Kuroka's poison mist on Koneko and Rias where they got affected due to it being used against them but had no effect on dragons or dragon-based/related SG users like Issei in Vol 5, and there's Yamata's poison that Issei said wasn't as deadly as Samael's but still painful but the only person I see mentioned to be used on was Irina's old man and he was barely holding on until he had Heaven's treatment care.

Although it PROBABLY could scale if weirdly since Irina's dad wasn't said to be reincarnated as an Angel or whatever, meaning he took the poison of an Evil Dragon as a Human and if things like demonic power like Vali's capacity could help him endure Samael's poison that's supposed to be even more deadly and Yamata's, that could probably bump or add to their resistance to poison...I think.
A bit similar to the case in DxD Zero, where the poison from a Beelzebub descendant that was boosted by a Malebranche, was able to instantly corrode/disintegrate things and weaker devils. IIRC, it was corroding them and turning them into poison. But stronger devils like Grayfia's dad could withstand it for a while before succumbing.

So, the more (demonic) power they have, the easier it should be for them to withstand such strong poison. The strongest poisons are probably from Samael, Albion and Hydra.

Oh yeah, that's another good example to scale poison usage effects and resistances of people. Works for me.

Also on the matter of Boosted Gear's doubling effect, that definitely has to be justified in a matter that won't look too outlandish for the rest of this fandom platform.

Like on paper, BG's Doubling should do as its told and it's even an in-universe legend spoken of by various people as well as the very Dragon himself AND his rival making note of it.

It's gonna be an uphill battle from how I picture it. Though the opposition, especially those who "claim" to read it should also at least try to justify why it'd be so bad when the CRT happens.

Oh yeah, that's another good example to scale poison usage effects and resistances of people. Works for me.

Also on the matter of Boosted Gear's doubling effect, that definitely has to be justified in a matter that won't look too outlandish for the rest of this fandom platform.

Like on paper, BG's Doubling should do as its told and it's even an in-universe legend spoken of by various people as well as the very Dragon himself AND his rival making note of it.

It's gonna be an uphill battle from how I picture it. Though the opposition, especially those who "claim" to read it should also at least try to justify why it'd be so bad when the CRT happens.
It is far from finished but I've worked hard on it and would like to hear some thoughts and get some feedback. Is this a good direction?

It is far from finished but I've worked hard on it and would like to hear some thoughts and get some feedback. Is this a good direction?
My main gameplan is to build a scaling chain that's coherent while also factoring in Boosts and justifying whatever might seem like an inconsistency. There's a lot of moment that might seem to make the multiplier inconsistent, however they can all be explained away with context.

@MasqueTLDF You know there's a button or whatever that allows you to edit your comments. No need to multi-post.

That aside, it's pretty dope. I thought it would just be the main series alone, but DX and EX makes mention of Boosted Gear's Boosts doing doublings.

Also looking at the boosts, they're actually still within the range of Tier 6 and 5 which is nice, with DxD's most high end feats like AxA's incomplete manifestation POWER form being able to planet bust (which should be kept in mind that everyone at that point, which was Shin 3?, were kinda shocked greatly on). So even at these levels, it fits pretty well and is consistent with other stuff like the world-destroying statements Ishibumi has spoken of the Top ranked Longinus's to the upper ranks of DxD's Top 10 strong beings in the world among other things. Plus we got stuff like Serafall's "destroy Japan to magi glitter several times over" to I believe Ddraig saying something about him and Albion able to shatter the world with brute force several times over. Normally those would be taken hyperbolic and all but with the boosts in account, plus the fact I think Ajuka can make continent-wide scale Rating Game dimensions (if you put aside the stars thing) and something about Azi Dahaka being able to destroy all of Europe + being Heaven Dragon Class, that could lead to some credence to those statements in some extent or more.

If not, they're just food for thought.

Love how we’ll have to match issei against opponents far above him otherwise he just tier jumps
Don't forget Vali to an extent. He may not be able to Boost his stats like Issei since he didn't do an Issei (i.e take a piece of BG as Issei took a piece of DD), but he can indefinitely keep on nerfing/weakening his opponent's powers over and over while taking any of the halved power he shaved off atop his own, meaning he can stay fighting at his peak power while his opponent keeps on getting weaker and weaker owo.

@MasqueTLDF You know there's a button or whatever that allows you to edit your comments. No need to multi-post.

That aside, it's pretty dope. I thought it would just be the main series alone, but DX and EX makes mention of Boosted Gear's Boosts doing doublings.

Also looking at the boosts, they're actually still within the range of Tier 6 and 5 which is nice, with DxD's most high end feats like AxA's incomplete manifestation POWER form being able to planet bust (which should be kept in mind that everyone at that point, which was Shin 3?, were kinda shocked greatly on). So even at these levels, it fits pretty well and is consistent with other stuff like the world-destroying statements Ishibumi has spoken of the Top ranked Longinus's to the upper ranks of DxD's Top 10 strong beings in the world among other things. Plus we got stuff like Serafall's "destroy Japan to magi glitter several times over" to I believe Ddraig saying something about him and Albion able to shatter the world with brute force several times over. Normally those would be taken hyperbolic and all but with the boosts in account, plus the fact I think Ajuka can make continent-wide scale Rating Game dimensions (if you put aside the stars thing) and something about Azi Dahaka being able to destroy all of Europe + being Heaven Dragon Class, that could lead to some credence to those statements in some extent or more.

If not, they're just food for thought.

Don't forget Vali to an extent. He may not be able to Boost his stats like Issei since he didn't do an Issei (i.e take a piece of BG as Issei took a piece of DD), but he can indefinitely keep on nerfing/weakening his opponent's powers over and over while taking any of the halved power he shaved off atop his own, meaning he can stay fighting at his peak power while his opponent keeps on getting weaker and weaker owo.
Speaking of Ajuka, he also made one with 2 moons which I also think is consistent. (Rating Game's with stars only apply to the anime)

Another one on Ophis in control of the dimensional gap from volume 9.
Ophis?
A vision of that small girlish figure flashed in the back of my mind. She was the leader of all these terrorists. From the perspective of the three great powers, she was basically the final boss.
The heroes were hoping to assist her in achieving her dream of returning to the void? But if they did, wouldn’t it have potentially horrific consequences on every other realm? This was no joking matter!

Ophis? Ophis’s appearance as a young girl floated into my mind. The boss of the terrorists. From the perspective of the Three Biblical factions, it was an existence like a final boss. Do they intend to fulfill her wish of returning to the Dimensional Gap? But doing that could cause adverse effects to the entire world! It’s no joking matter!
Some of the world destruction statements are a matter of timeframe at least. Last chapter of DX 7 states Surtr can burn the world to nothing according to the Edda.
As soon as he shouted this, Surtr held his large hand high in the sky and created a fierce ―― jet-black flame there.

Surtr itself was also covered in black flames.

Its sight reminded me of a passage from Norse mythology that I had read before.

――That individual was called [Black], or [The Black One].

――In the [Norse mythology], he was the absolute giant who protects the burning land of [Muspelheim] in the far south of the world.

――In the [Edda], it is said that he'll burn the world to nothing.

――His name is Surtr, King of Muspell.

In Surtr's right hand, burning with a mighty aura, was a sword of black flames.

Surtr said,

[――Lævateinn.]
Could be surface wiping statements.

The possession one might be rendered under "minor resistance to possession" by this fandom's standards (as that's a thing you can list as I learned), since Issei DID get possessed at first only to break out of it out of sheer will but even then still was being controlled. Unless the possession thing didn't last that long until he broke out then in that case, it could be just a flat resistance to possession.
Ok, I have 3 more things to ask regarding Issei's resistances (my other suggestions are in previous pages ofc):
1. He should get resistance to empathic manipulation in base since he could resist Nurarihyon's ability to force people to like him, at the end of the chapter IIRC, the citation is on his profile already but only as mind control.

2. He was able to break out of Vidar's sealing magic (binding/paralysis) with Dragon Deification, so should that count as a resistance to paralysis?

3. Since it's established that Issei's breast power was what allowed Rias to resist Zekka's power stealing, does that count for Issei as well? Or is it better to wait and see if Issei and Zekka ever fight each other?

Edit: Do you guys plan to update abilities and resistances first, or deal with the cosmology and stats first?

Last edited:
Another one on Ophis in control of the dimensional gap from volume 9.

Some of the world destruction statements are a matter of timeframe at least. Last chapter of DX 7 states Surtr can burn the world to nothing according to the Edda.

Ok, I have 3 more things to ask regarding Issei's resistances (my other suggestions are in previous pages ofc):
1. He should get resistance to empathic manipulation in base since he could resist Nurarihyon's ability to force people to like him, at the end of the chapter IIRC, the citation is on his profile already but only as mind control.

2. He was able to break out of Vidar's sealing magic (binding/paralysis) with Dragon Deification, so should that count as a resistance to paralysis?

3. Since it's established that Issei's breast power was what allowed Rias to resist Zekka's power stealing, does that count for Issei as well? Or is it better to wait and see if Issei and Zekka ever fight each other?

Edit: Do you guys plan to update abilities and resistances first, or deal with the cosmology and stats first?
Cosmolgy and stats first. I'll make sandboxes to update the profiles.

Cosmolgy and stats first. I'll make sandboxes to update the profiles.
Regarding the cosmology, is your 2-A Dimensional Gap hinged on the idea that it extends to parallel worlds or not? Because, if so, I don't see why each parallel world wouldn't have their own Dimensional Gap.

Regarding the cosmology, is your 2-A Dimensional Gap hinged on the idea that it extends to parallel worlds or not? Because, if so, I don't see why each parallel world wouldn't have their own Dimensional Gap.
The timelines are connected as you can travel between them and the DG is above what devils perceive as time so it logically should be above all timelines as well. If you're referring to locations like ExE, they know what the dimensional gap is and travel through it to get to DxD and logically the same should apply to FxF.
But why would they have their own? There's no evidence to support it.

Last edited:

True, true. And some of the others could be done differently too, like Dimension Lost is displacing whatever the mist covers (the highest known being a country) and throwing whatever it has in it to the Dimensional Gap or Void.

But for the more destructive kinds, I'm sure they can apply and support the verse's other high end feats and statements.

On Issei specifically:
1) Yeah it should also be resistance to empathic manip.
2) It should, but obviously only for the form/state/key in which that is applied to which is Issei's DxD form.
3) Possibly? Though isn't one of Zekka's swords abilities, or the entity who resides in her body/blade (one of them atm) only going for woman and not so much men? I don't think that would work if that's the case and also seems more like a detriment to Zekka if she's only able to steal stuff from women.

As for the other stuff, probably abilities and resistances right about now. The main thing is at least compile as much as I can for Devil Physiology for DxD since the majority of VSB's profiles on them (even in just the actual series) we have a bunch of Devils lol.

I had thought about doing an Angel Physiology page but sorta opted out on that cuz they're like the minority compared to the Devils (not helped with Ishibumi just not doing enough for HEAVEN side owo)

Wouldn't devils have Resistance to Disease manipulation too? I forgot which Volume it was but I believe it's stated that devils are immune to all human illness.

But why would they have their own?
The real question is, why wouldn't they? Do you think Great Red and Ophis somehow maintain/sustain something that extends to parallel worlds? Each parallel world would have their own balancer, whether it's a parallel version of Ophis or Great Red.

What we know is that the Gap encompasses all the realms, not every parallel world in existence which wasn't said by the characters. Because of course, the existence of parallel worlds wasn't confirmed to the characters until volume 7. Like, we would need evidence that there's only one Gap for every parallel world in existence. I think the cosmology for each parallel world should be 4-A to Low 2-C or 2-C based on your other line of reasoning with the evidence you brought forward.

That's if I'm not misunderstanding something else.

) Possibly? Though isn't one of Zekka's swords abilities, or the entity who resides in her body/blade (one of them atm) only going for woman and not so much men? I don't think that would work if that's the case and also seems more like a detriment to Zekka if she's only able to steal stuff from women.
Not sure. I think the case is that Tensei refuses to steal power from a guy's oppai, like how Issei refuses to use Dress Break on guys. Zekka was able to steal power from some dragons once she applied an illusion that visually turned them into women, which makes me think it's a mental thing on Tensei's part.

But the overall question was moreso, Issei has the breast power used to evolve Rias, so would the resistance apply to him? I'm fine with waiting to see if Zekka meets Issei.

The real question is, why wouldn't they? Do you think Great Red and Ophis somehow maintain/sustain something that extends to parallel worlds? Each parallel world would have their own balancer, whether it's a parallel version of Ophis or Great Red.

What we know is that the Gap encompasses all the realms, not every parallel world in existence which wasn't said by the characters. Because of course, the existence of parallel worlds wasn't confirmed to the characters until volume 7. Like, we would need evidence that there's only one Gap for every parallel world in existence. I think the cosmology for each parallel world should be 4-A to Low 2-C or 2-C based on your other line of reasoning with the evidence you brought forward.

That's if I'm not misunderstanding something else.
I edited my comment a bit ago which might explain more.

Not sure. I think the case is that Tensei refuses to steal power from a guy's oppai, like how Issei refuses to use Dress Break on guys. Zekka was able to steal power from some dragons once she applied an illusion that visually turned them into women, which makes me think it's a mental thing on Tensei's part.

But the overall question was moreso, Issei has the breast power used to evolve Rias, so would the resistance apply to him? I'm fine with waiting to see if Zekka meets Issei.
Tensei cannot comprehend that men can also have BARABARAness too, so there's that owo.

That could be possible but I'd rather wait when more of Junior is made and if Zekka and Issei even fight (even if it's a spar)

Funny that Issei as also used Dress Break on guys when they looked like women.

Breast Energy comes from the size of a woman's oppai, Issei doesn't posess any, he just has the power to manipulate it. He can use it to amp himself in which case the resistance would then apply to him but it's only ever a temporary thing. Ig you could say he gets the resistance mid battle if he's fighting woman, then add it to his profile.

Back