• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School DxD Universe Discussion Thread

Why do you want to create anime only profiles, again? It's not like we ever see anything, aside from whatever happened in a few episodes of BorN and the one mention from DxD EX.

Why do you want to create anime only profiles, again? It's not like we ever see anything, aside from whatever happened in a few episodes of BorN and the one mention from DxD EX.
Two separate continuities, really makes no reason to scale ones feats to the others when they shouldn't really apply

Hm, yeah, I guess. There's some other stuff I have to check again, like demonic energy suppressing Nyx's brainwashing spell (causing it to malfunction) and suppressing poison manipulation. As a matter of fact, the reason Issei died to Samael's poison was cited as his lack of demonic energy, whereas Vali was able to suppress it for a while because he had more demonic energy.

Then, I'll look for the quotes about supernatural beings able to ignore barriers that force humans to be unable to perceive them or unconsciously avoid certain locations, which suggests resistance to perception blocking.

Other stuff I remember for particular characters:
Vali Team:
Mind manipulation resistance (they could stay in the youkai mist that causes damage to the mind)

Issei:
Resistance to empathetic manipulation (resisted Nurarihyon's ability to force others into liking him), possession (could regain control over his body with his willpower when Unas took over)

Sirzechs & Ajuka:
Dream manipulation resistance (apophis and Azi Dahaka suggested they would be able to defend themselves in their dreams, unlike Rizevim who had no resistance)

Putting all these here, so I don't forget.

I'll try to look for the quotes later. Probably by the weekend, cause I'll be busy with work. Lastly, @MasqueTLDF's blog makes me realize that the Dimensional Gap should be Void Manipulation for Great Red and the others, not death manipulation.
Continuing from this. I'll still look for the quotes for the other suggestions later.

Perception blocking/manipulation (?):
Volume DX 5, chapter 6:
Their office was located in a town that was only two train stops away from Kuoh Town. In the building that we entered, the first and second floors were retail stores that consisted of convenience stores, chemists, beauty salons and the like. There was an office with no signage located at the innermost area of the second floor, and that was the [Slash Dog] team’s office. Ordinarily, it seemed like some kind of technique was used near the entrance to keep humans away, so it was impossible for the average person to approach the office. Well, it felt as though the entire apartment building itself belonged to the Grigori…
Slash Dog volume 1, chapter 5:
Lavinia spoke.

“Rather than that, this whole area has been covered by a magical technique to drive people away with this house at the epicenter. It has been made so that exempting people with special powers like us it is impossible to perceive, the significance of this this being that they have absolute and complete control. Houjutsu (Japanese magical arts), Shintoism, and Onmyoudou are systems that excel in ‘exorcism’ powers such ‘concealment’ and ‘repulsion’.”

……That is to say, it’s been made so that ordinary people are unable to perceive this house, huh? That we are capable of perceiving this house, this is because we possess Sacred Gears and magic? However, in that case it wouldn’t just be this house, but it is also predictable that the houses of the other fellow students had become subject to the same conditions.

Dragons' resistance to heat and cold:

Volume DX 6, Extra Life:

The sudden cold weather may have made it harder for it to move.

Even if it’s the Chimera of a Dragon, beings who are strong against heat and cold, it seems like its weakness to cold as an insect was stronger.

Empathic Manipulation for vampires (they can use charm techniques):

New BD, Volume 4:
I leaked my dark thoughts as I lied down over the table.

“...Fuu, even if you say that you want to know what you need to do to be a manly man from me...on the contrary, I would like you guys to teach me how to become a popular man with women. ...Well, it's only about, face and behaviour...”

Kiba and Gasper looked troubled at each other after hearing my murmur.

“Hmn, even if you were to say something like that...”

“M-me too. It isn't like I've done something. It's not like I've used the charm technique characteristic from vampires...”

Two separate continuities, really makes no reason to scale ones feats to the others when they shouldn't really apply
I'm not so sure it's worth it to create so many profiles for a timeline where we don't get to see much of, aside from a few episodes where the timeline deviated and one mention in the novel referencing the BorN timeline. If you get it accepted, though, then sure.

But anyway, whatever revisions you guys conclude with the dimensional gap would affect the LN God Tiers (Dragon Gods, Trihexa, probably AxA) as @MasqueTLDF has proposed with his quotes. Not sure what special feat the BorN characters pull off in the Gap that LN characters (Great Red and Ophis) haven't outright done, or at least been implied to. The quotes have been posted. Not to mention, it's pretty much said the world would be in danger if Ophis killed Great Red and regained control over the Dimensional Gap. That's pretty much saying she or Great Red can somehow manipulate the Dimensional Gap to negatively influence the world if they want. If you're going to scale anime characters based on the Gap, it would still apply to LN God Tiers.

So like, even if there's going to be separate anime profiles, you're pretty much going to have to resolve the Dimensional Gap issue. Hence why I say there should be a CRT with the minimum interpretation, middle end, and maximum interpretation for this stuff so you guys can decide and move on, instead of going around in circles.

If there is a void between the DxD realms, does that mean that there is a spatio-temporal separation, right? But with no universal size there is no 2-C structure..

That's pretty much saying she or Great Red can somehow manipulate the Dimensional Gap to negatively influence the world if they want. If you're going to scale anime characters based on the Gap, it would still apply to LN God Tiers.
The interpretation I got from a quote from the blog is that the dimensional gap thanks to Great Red stabilizes the world. So if they want, the world can lose its stability and collapse.
So like, even if there's going to be separate anime profiles, you're pretty much going to have to resolve the Dimensional Gap issue. Hence why I say there should be a CRT with the minimum interpretation, middle end, and maximum interpretation for this stuff so you guys can decide and move on, instead of going around in circles.
Well the fact is that he thinks he doesn't even want to reason to try to understand my interpretation so he certainly won't do it since he doesn't understand it.

If there is a void between the DxD realms, does that mean that there is a spatio-temporal separation, right? But with no universal size there is no 2-C structure..
The dimensional gap is meant to surround all worlds and be connected to them so it must be separation. For realities it will now be necessary to prove that they are universes.

I mean yeah, there's gonna be a CRT from what Masque has been saying, maybe it'd be good to make a discord since it's easier to organize there.

I'm not so sure it's worth it to create so many profiles for a timeline where we don't get to see much of, aside from a few episodes where the timeline deviated and one mention in the novel referencing the BorN timeline. If you get it accepted, though, then sure.
Maybe not, but I'm of the mindset that if there are in fact two different continuities of a character, we have no reason scaling them off the same feats the other may have. Especially since, even with more profiles, it's just wroth it to be accurate in this aspect imo

Feats from different canon shouldn't be used for LN characters, Issei and Xenovia's profiles are both victims of this.

But anyway, whatever revisions you guys conclude with the dimensional gap would affect the LN God Tiers (Dragon Gods, Trihexa, probably AxA) as @MasqueTLDF has proposed with his quotes. Not sure what special feat the BorN characters pull off in the Gap that LN characters (Great Red and Ophis) haven't outright done, or at least been implied to. The quotes have been posted. Not to mention, it's pretty much said the world would be in danger if Ophis killed Great Red and regained control over the Dimensional Gap. That's pretty much saying she or Great Red can somehow manipulate the Dimensional Gap to negatively influence the world if they want. If you're going to scale anime characters based on the Gap, it would still apply to LN God Tiers.

The only characters that would receive their own profiles would be Issei, and everyone that scales above him from BorN (barring Great Red and Ophis as they already scale the same.

I agree, they'd be affected by the revisions also.

Planning on making a large CRT revising multiple things but it'll take a few days to do it as I have several blogs being made and will be getting certain feats calced. When the CRT is made, I'll provide a link in this thread. I hope to see some of you there.

That's what the point of a discussion thread is for? Discussion?
I mean this thread has less member to get in here for discussion, while in Discord server(I assume you guys have) which it has many other DxD supporter who's inactive and doin a lot crt in the past.

Just want to make sure they are agree to Masque sandbox and probably they will help added something.

I mean this thread has less member to get in here for discussion, while in Discord server(I assume you guys have) which it has many other DxD supporter who's inactive and doin a lot crt in the past.

Just want to make sure they are agree to Masque sandbox and probably they will help added something.
There's no discord yet

Any more discussion on the size of Heaven, or has it been concluded.

@MasqueTLDF

About the quote of the Underworld having a sun, what volume is the passage from? I only remember it was said to have a moon.
@MasqueTLDF

Only staff members have the ability to ping members, so here ya go.

The interpretation I got from a quote from the blog is that the dimensional gap thanks to Great Red stabilizes the world. So if they want, the world can lose its stability and collapse.

Well the fact is that he thinks he doesn't even want to reason to try to understand my interpretation so he certainly won't do it since he doesn't understand it.

Don't have much of an opinion on the Dimensional Gap structure itself (and I don't get involved with cosmic tiering anyway), but at least the overall situation and cosmology seems similar to Bleach's cosmology. Garganta, central underground prison (Muken) with the several levels, Hell, different realms connected by dimensional boundary which the linchpin sustains.

Volume 5, Life 1, Part 5 and Volume 0, Life/Chapter 1
The official translation of Volume 5 states there's no sun however the fan translation and volume 0 state there is, with Stars being seen in the anime's underworld and the underworld being stated to have it's own version of daytime, it's more likely it was a mistake.

Looked at the fan translation of Volume 5 just now. It says the Underworld was "originally sunless."

Do you have the quote for the Yen Press version?
This was supposed to be the evening meal, but could it really be called such?
There was no sun in the underworld; the land here was bathed in perpetual
twilight.
Nonetheless, the sky was growing darker. Outside, an artificial moon was
floating up above. From what I heard, it wasn’t a natural celestial body, but
rather a recreation forged from magic. Night in the underworld was similar. As
the sky here was essentially purple in nature, it must have been the equivalent
of daytime when we had arrived.
Official TLs can be found here https://server.elscione.com/Officially Translated Light Novels/High School DxD/

So it looks like the ORC website for DxD's Universe fan TL finally finished up Junior DxD's first volume. Still haven't checked out how it is yet, but I did see their afterword which is interesting.

This one is shared with both input from Shinonome Rippu, the writer for Junior. And Ishibumi Ichiei himself, the supervisor for Junior.

Interesting facts about both of them.

For Rippu:
  • As they said themselves, Junior's story is set after Vol 10 of the LN/Season 4 for the anime. And it seems like they had in mind of making the story that would be familiar and appreciative for either or both sources of the series.
  • Apparently, Rippu started out on DxD when they were in the 6th grade in elementary school.
  • They debuted as an LN writer at 18, and even asked their editor if they can meet Ishibumi and Miyama-Zero (Ishi's illustrator for the DxD series) for autographs.
  • They're definitely hoping Zekka will be well-received as Junior continues on.

For Ishibumi:
  • Junior seemingly came about because of something new to be made.
  • Ishibumi placed himself as the supervisor, and anything concerning elsewise like the new chars (Zekka and the bunch) was all up to Rippu.
  • He thinks having a female novel protag would make good stimulus for DxD's worldbuilding.
  • Ishibumi actually had reservations about another person writing the spin off, but came around to it eventually. Even liked how close it was to his style to the main series work.
  • The dude realizes how much he's gotten old when looking at how young and ambitiously driven Rippu is in bringing life to the series (LOL).
  • Ishi's definitely assured and glad Rippu has read the series over and over to get the feel and know of how DxD is like.
  • Junior being set in another part of Kuoh Academy will allow events not spoken of in the main original series to be explored.
  • Turns out Ishibumi is in fact still sick/unwell and is thus still receiving medical treatment, but he's otherwise still working on Shin and Slash-Dog though at a slower pace.
  • Ishibumi is hoping to meet everyone's expectations on how Junior will progress from this point on as both supervise and author of the original idea.
  • He's definitely looking forward to how Zekka's journey will be like as one of the readers owo.
Overall, it's pretty wholesome for what both have said about each other regarding the series.

Last edited:
@MasqueTLDF

I see on the wik fandom's updates log you making a blog on Boosted Gear's Boosts issue.

IK I was working on minds, but I got burn out halfway and slowed down a lot like a dying old engine in a car.

Wish I was this ambitious to continues mines. ^^;

Anywho, I'm kinda amazed and not so much surprised Ishibumi is still sick or unwell to this day.

The guy's clearly gotten old (whenever or however old he is rn). Add that he kept releasing a volume of OG and Shin DxD like every few months or so, and that might have negatively affected him.

As questionable as I see with some of the choices in plot writing Ishibumi has made since with Shin, I feel bad he's slowed down to the point he couldn't post anything of them since in that time. I mean I did read and looked up that he still did some work for it through DX but even that's been inactive for a couple of years now.

I give props and respect for him to still want to continue with Shin and Slash-Dog. But can't really exactly be that excited for it knowing he's this sick/unwell for this long. Guess we'll see how things get from here on.

Anywho, I'm kinda amazed and not so much surprised Ishibumi is still sick or unwell to this day.

The guy's clearly gotten old (whenever or however old he is rn). Add that he kept releasing a volume of OG and Shin DxD like every few months or so, and that might have negatively affected him.

As questionable as I see with some of the choices in plot writing Ishibumi has made since with Shin, I feel bad he's slowed down to the point he couldn't post anything of them since in that time. I mean I did read and looked up that he still did some work for it through DX but even that's been inactive for a couple of years now.

I give props and respect for him to still want to continue with Shin and Slash-Dog. But can't really exactly be that excited for it knowing he's this sick/unwell for this long. Guess we'll see how things get from here on.
Some people think he should hand over Shin DxD to Rippu because of his health problems. He's been getting too sick recently and I'm getting more worried because I remember his parents died to health issues as well. Ishibumi has had health problems since he started writing in 2005 or so; he said so in the afterword of Denpachi, his first novel. It just appears to have worsened with age. I'm guessing it might be a family issue.

So, aside from season 3 (BorN), why do you say the anime feats like Durandal Cannon should be separated from LN canon? Season 4 goes back to adapting the 'main' timeline.
There are still differences in Season 4 like Rossweisse joining Rias' peerage before the Diodora Rating Game, Juggernaut Drive Issei vs Vali etc. There's a lot of differences between the LN and HERO, so I don't think we should assume the feats are the same either, especially given that it's a completely different timeline. We should scale LN feats base off of how they're described in the LN, like the Vali mountain feat and the Issei Rating Game feat as examples.

Some people think he should hand over Shin DxD to Rippu because of his health problems. He's been getting too sick recently and I'm getting more worried because I remember his parents died to health issues as well. Ishibumi has had health problems since he started writing in 2005 or so; he said so in the afterword of Denpachi, his first novel. It just appears to have worsened with age. I'm guessing it might be a family issue.
The crazy thing I found about Ishibumi Ichiei is he's only 43/44 (born in 1980/81. Hard to say based on conflicting sources. Wikipedia put him at '81 but either way) so for him to be this sick at such a still moderately young age sucks.

And yeah, I remember reading a reddit post about that. There's a note about his father passing, and I remember a reddit post about his mom also passing too. That or it was something about a sibling of his that died from health complications.

In any case, that just sucks for Ishibumi since he's seem intent on trying to get himself to continue Shin and Slash-Dog despite his condition. The fact the afterword mentions him having reservations about anyone else doing his series, even in a spin off kinda tells me he probably is hesitant on Rippu taking up his reigns.

But IDK. Maybe that might have to be the route to be chosen if he can't continue it anymore. Like Akira Toriyama had the guy who does the DBS Manga as his successor or something before his passing, and it seems like the guy's art was something closest to Akira's own the same as Rippu's writing being closest to Ishibumi's.

I still respect Ishibumi for wanting to continue, but if he's not getting any better health-wise, he might have to eventually go that route of supervising on Rippu if there's no other option. As it is, the two series are pretty much in hiatus hell.

Back