• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School DxD Universe Discussion Thread

I don't think anyone is talking about Heaven being the size of a universe anymore.

The current issue is, the second level of Heaven is described to be a place created to observe the stars. The contention is that the stars could be fake and it needs to be proven that they are real? I would say the burden of proof is on those that think the stars are fake. Is there any reason to think a description of stars is...well, not stars? This isn't a visual medium (novel text) also, like those game feats where it's not certain if they are actual stars or a fancy light show. In this case, the characters just say there are stars.

In this case, the information we have, is that it's described as stars but the light doesn't reach you (unlike a planetarium, as pointed out above). That's about the only info we currently have.
Oh I understand. I was especially talking about dimensions not being empty for the gap between dimensions.

Where does it say?
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:MasqueTLDF/DxD_Cosmology#Dimensional_Gap Because it surrounds the different worlds (Including the Human Realm which is DxD's version of our universe) in the main timeline which is connected to the other timelines. Time existing within each of these worlds but not in the Dimensional Gap and it being described as being beyond the different dimensions and reality multiple times. Gasper not being able to stop time there (He's able to stop time within a time stop and in places where time move at an unnatural speed so it being above the timelines makes sense.) and it's stated that Space and Time are irrelevant in the Dimensional Gap.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:MasqueTLDF/DxD_Cosmology#Dimensional_Gap Because it surrounds the different worlds (Including the Human Realm which is DxD's version of our universe) in the main timeline which is connected to the other timelines. Time existing within each of these worlds but not in the Dimensional Gap and it being described as being beyond the different dimensions and reality multiple times. Gasper not being able to stop time there (He's able to stop time within a time stop and in places where time move at an unnatural speed so it being above the timelines makes sense.) and it's stated that Space and Time are irrelevant in the Dimensional Gap.
I don't believe that it contains the worlds. It can surround worlds so that it exists at the ends of each world but does not contain them. Space and time that doesn't exist there doesn't mean anything notable.

I don't believe that it contains the worlds. It can surround worlds so that it exists at the ends of each world but does not contain them. Space and time that doesn't exist there doesn't mean anything notable.
Surrounding is the same as containing, Space surrounds planets right? Water surrounds a submarine right? And it does mean something when paired with what I said. Definition: be all around (someone or something). It doesn't say somewhat around or anything like that, it says all around.

And especially given the context of the statement, (Dimensional void surrounding the underworld) It's more likely to mean what I've implied. And as far as I can tell, you've shown no evidence that supports the contrary.

And especially given the context of the statement, (Dimensional void surrounding the underworld) It's more likely to mean what I've implied. And as far as I can tell, you've shown no evidence that supports the contrary.
And "located in every part of the world" supports my claim even more.

Just like you have no evidence showing that it contains worlds. DxD inside didn't seem to be able to observe the worlds.

Surrounding is the same as containing, Space surrounds planets right? Water surrounds a submarine right? And it does mean something when paired with what I said. Definition: be all around (someone or something). It doesn't say somewhat around or anything like that, it says all around.
No way. To surround does not mean to contain. Just take some modeling clay for example and then insert some balls inside. The modeling leg does not contain the worlds but rather twists so that the marble has space. Now consider the modeling clay as the dimensional gap and the marbles as the universes.

Just like you have no evidence showing that it contains worlds. DxD inside didn't seem to be able to observe the worlds.
I've shown my evidence multiple times. And of course they can't observe different world's from the inside, can you see the edge of the universe?
No way. To surround does not mean to contain. Just take some modeling clay for example and then insert some balls inside. The modeling leg does not contain the worlds but rather twists so that the marble has space. Now consider the modeling clay as the dimensional gap and the marbles as the universes.
Literally the same thing
Nah. Exists everywhere around but does not contain the world.
I don't think you're understanding my point.

Last edited:
I've shown my evidence multiple times. And of course they can't observe different world's from the inside, can you see the edge of the universe?
A being resident in a Multiverse can observe the edge of the universe. Of course I can't since I'm inside but for an outside being it's possible.
Literally the same thing
No way. Take it as distorted space touching worlds.
I don't think you're understanding my point.
Obviously covering the world means that you exist "everywhere" at the limits of it. If a universe exists in a multiverse then how is it possible for the multiverse to exist everywhere in the universe? Take this like a glass and water. Glass contains water but does it exist everywhere in water?

A being resident in a Multiverse can observe the edge of the universe. Of course I can't since I'm inside but for an outside being it's possible.

No way. Take it as distorted space touching worlds.

Obviously covering the world means that you exist "everywhere" at the limits of it. If a universe exists in a multiverse then how is it possible for the multiverse to exist everywhere in the universe? Take this like a glass and water. Glass contains water but does it exist everywhere in water?
I don't believe that's how it works. What outside being are you talking about?

I never said Glass would exist everywhere IN water or whatever your analogy implies. The Dimensional Gap exists around them. Like if you draw a circle and put a few dots in the middle, the circle both contains and surrounds the dots. The Dimensional Gap is like that but on a higher dimensional scale.

The discussion goes on for nothing. I'll just give you a simple practical example. In Tensura there is a space called subspace which is an infinite dimension and which fulfills everything you say compared to the gap between dimensions even better but it is just a part of the Multiverse.

I don't believe that's how it works. What outside being are you talking about?
DxD. If it can reside in the gap between dimensions then it should fly alongside the worlds and perceive them as simple spheres.
I never said Glass would exist everywhere IN water or whatever your analogy implies. The Dimensional Gap exists around them. Like if you draw a circle and put a few dots in the middle, the circle both contains and surrounds the dots. The Dimensional Gap is like that but on a higher dimensional scale.
And I actually told you to take some modeling clay. The modeling clay is the gap between the dimensions itself. When you insert a ball, the modeling clay does not contain the ball but surrounds it.

The discussion goes on for nothing. I'll just give you a simple practical example. In Tensura there is a space called subspace which is an infinite dimension and which fulfills everything you say compared to the gap between dimensions even better but it is just a part of the Multiverse.
Sorry, I haven't read the series, I can't comment on your example but maybe we can agree to disagree? Hope I haven't come off as rude throughout the discussion. Anyway, I'm not even exactly sure what the goal of the argument is anyway.

Sorry, I haven't read the series, I can't comment on your example but maybe we can agree to disagree? Hope I haven't come off as rude throughout the discussion. Anyway, I'm not even exactly sure what the goal of the argument is anyway.
It's not that you were rude, but just that you didn't understand what I was saying, so I wanted to take a simple example. The point of the argument is that even if the gap between dimensions is infinite, as long as it has no time axis and is empty then it cannot be 2-A.

DxD. If it can reside in the gap between dimensions then it should fly alongside the worlds and perceive them as simple spheres.

And I actually told you to take some modeling clay. The modeling clay is the gap between the dimensions itself. When you insert a ball, the modeling clay does not contain the ball but surrounds it.
If you're referring to Great Red, then no that isn't necessary. Lower Dimensional beings can exist within higher dimensions. And Great Red's confirmed size is only around a hundred meters.

And sorry I don't own any clay and I'm not going to buy some just for a VS discussion.

Also since the dimensional gap is stated to be a place where the law of physics don’t work with no distance or direction, infinite speed and I think it’d be Concept Manip could be potential abilities?

Dimensional Gap carrying

In reality though, I’d say worry about updating everyone’s profiles, there’s a lot stuff that just needs to be updated cause the people supporting the verse stopped and we have new content now anyways.

Also since the dimensional gap is stated to be a place where the law of physics don’t work with no distance or direction, infinite speed and I think it’d be Concept Manip could be potential abilities?

Dimensional Gap carrying
Possibly, I don't want to seem like I'm trying to wank the characters but I agree. There's also Issei moving within Gasper's time stop in base (I believe it was mentioned in the LN that only the Balance Breaker for the Boosted Gear would grant a resistance to it, and the "Infinitely far and infinitesimally close dimensional gap statement support both Infinite speed and the distance/direction thing.

Really this just comes down to whether or not people want to make separate anime and LN profiles and I think you’ve provided enough proof that it’s valid to do that.

Obviously, it’s an anime only feat, but I certainly agree because how can something THAT BLATANT not be a feat.
And I think it would be consistent because Sirzechs and Azazel stated Loki's Ragnarok technique would destroy time and space across the mythological realms and Issei could power up Mjolnir enough to damage him.

Don’t need to ask my permission, and also I only have authority on our sister wiki for fanfics and writing.

But yeah, you can make profiles and whatnot whenever, just make sure to link proper scans for stats, no crt required.

I don't think the Dimensional Gap contains parallel worlds? Like, each parallel world should have its own Dimensional Gap.
Don’t need to ask my permission, and also I only have authority on our sister wiki for fanfics and writing.

But yeah, you can make profiles and whatnot whenever, just make sure to link proper scans for stats, no crt required.
Naw, I'm pretty sure you need a CRT for something as major as that. Dimensional Gap stuff could affect the LN characters (God Tiers) because Great Red and Ophis maintain/stabilize it and keep the worlds balanced with each other. It's basically a linchpin scenario, similar to Bleach's cosmology.

So you're gonna need to define what exactly the Dimensional Gap is and maybe also the size of the worlds maintained (Earth, Underworld, Heaven, etc. @MasqueTLDF

I've got no solid opinion on the sizes and all, so you won't see me in the CRT but I'd say it's definitely needed to clear things up and get other opinions before making something massive like that.

@Qliphoth_Bacikal

Let me know if you need help with quotes or anything similar for the stuff you're planning to do. I've read Slash Dog multiple times, for example, so I can get quotes from there for Divine Dividing or any such thing.

Naw, I'm pretty sure you need a CRT for something as major as that. Dimensional Gap stuff could affect the LN characters (God Tiers) because Great Red and Ophis maintain/stabilize it and keep the worlds balanced with each other. It's basically a linchpin scenario, similar to Bleach's cosmology.

So you're gonna need to define what exactly the Dimensional Gap is and maybe also the size of the worlds maintained (Earth, Underworld, Heaven, etc. @MasqueTLDF
Iirc you don’t, for the most part as long as you have good scans and they aren’t deathly controversial you’re fine to make a new profile, had to do the same thing when I made Blox Fruits and Accel World, CRTs are for later if people disagree.

I don't think the Dimensional Gap contains parallel worlds? Like, each parallel world should have its own Dimensional Gap.

I've got no solid opinion on the sizes and all, so you won't see me in the CRT but I'd say it's definitely needed to clear things up and get other opinions before making something massive like that.
I disagree on the different dimensional gaps thing, there's nothing to imply there are multiple. At least, nothing I can't disprove.

How would you go about changing names for characters? Trying to specify LN for Issei's page.
Ask a content mod or admin, but your crt needs to get approved first for two seperate profiles, i cna call some staff

Back