• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High Level Sand Fight! Spriggan 12 Azir Lamar vs Fifth Kazekage Gaara

Hii! Im new in this site so please have a little patience... I chose those two because I think they are very high level sand users... I didnt chose any of One Piece because Im still in episode 130 of the anime so I dont have very good arguments to use with Crocodile. Please I will only answer people that is respectful and arent fanboys of a specific series or character. Only people who like both series and have good arguments.

January 11 of 2016

Desert King vs Fifth Kazekage

Rembember this one fact... Azir was only defeated because he was fighting a person considered strong (Erza) while he was very confident and recieved a direct shot of Jupiter so we couldnt appreciate his full fighting potential skills. Probably he will have a comeback being angry and serious... probably

Wait your answers!

Well as i watched both series, and while i prefer FT over Naruto i think i can say something about it (and i will not fanboy Azir just because he is from FT ofc)

Some facts:

Attack potency : equal

Speed equal, but Gaara have faster reactions

Durability: Gaara have his sand shield, while Azir/Ajeel/Azeal whatever is name is have intangibilty , howevr he doesn't need to defend.

However all theese stats for Gaara are tagged as "possibly" while Azir have shown it by damaging Erza and the casuality of his Town level feats

Well , however Gaara can eaily win via desert layered imperial funeral seal if ha manages to do it before Sand world starts.

In other cases it is more or less equal fight as both techiniques arent likely to happen early (as

Gaara wouldnt think about it before Azir show intangibility wile Azir would use it when pushed to the edge)

Czuczian11 said:
Well as i watched both series, and while i prefer FT over Naruto i think i can say something about it (and i will not fanboy Azir just because he is from FT ofc)
Some facts:

Attack potency : equal

Speed equal, but Gaara have faster reactions

Durability: Gaara have his sand shield, while Azir/Ajeel/Azeal whatever is name is have intangibilty , howevr he doesn't need to defend.

However all theese stats for Gaara are tagged as "possibly" while Azir have shown it by damaging Erza and the casuality of his Town level feats

Well , however Gaara can eaily win via desert layered imperial funeral seal if ha manages to do it before Sand world starts.

In other cases it is more or less equal fight as both techiniques arent likely to happen early (as

Gaara wouldnt think about it before Azir show intangibility wile Azir would use it when pushed to the edge)
Good point of view

I think that Gaara only could do the sealing jutsu because they were ninjas specialized in sealing helping him.

Gaara can use HUGE amounts of sand that can cover a village of an exploison and a lot of sand to use it as offensive plus he have that sand that covers him of the attacks

But Azir also can use HUGE amounts of sand like when FT were trying to escape. He make a Golem! thats hype and also he did a huge wave of sand that the high was even higher than Makarov in titan form and the width also was insane. In the fight with Erza he showed that he can make a sandstorm of the size of magnolia

I think Azir is stronger but he is very confident and that is disadvantege because Gaara is a serious and inteligent character and that can make him to lose like when fought Erza

There is also one more thing: Can we assume that Gaara can manipulate Azir himself while he is in in his sand form

And thats true, Gaara is obliviously more inteligent than Ajeel, and that is always a big advantage.

On the other hand Azir can bypass Gaara's durability via dehydration, + Gaara is only City Level durable with his sand, when Ajeel is City Level durable without any magic empowerment.

mm good point but I dont think Gaara can manipulate Azir himself, he transform into sand and everything but he is not made of sand... but mmm yes, when he transform into sand, maybe Gaara can manipulate him but Azir has a lot of power to resist

Azir is more powerful he is just confident af while Gaara is inteligent... while Azir is playing doing some waves or sandstorm, Gaara is planning something.

For both is very difficult to attack because Azir is inmune to attacks while Gaara have the absolute defense but it can be broke by brutal force and with the amount of power Azir have it would be no surprise that he can punch so beastly hard. Not always the one that is more powerful wins.

More powerful...Azir

More possibility of winning... Gaara

If Azir was just a little bit more inteligent and not to confident it would be almost 100% sure he can win

Chillvibezz says that Gaara have massive speed advantage: so he is much faster and thus he is sure that he will win the fight instantly because he could kill Azir around 50 times before he could even react. However Gaara's page doesn't show any info about him beeing Masssively Hyper-Sonic+ (much faster than Azir who is apparently Hypersonic+ now) , so that is why it could be confusing.

It is hard to say, if I had to chose, I would say Ajeel because of his dehydration powers.

the gold dust gaara has was meant to make the sand heavy and harder to control, and Ajeel(to my knowledge) has no experierance battle against or with gold dust. so by far if Gaara mixes his sand with the surrounding sand, Ajeel will have much difficulty with fighting against Gaara with this circumstance.

Well with that being said gold dust would be difficult but with recent chapters, after Universe One spell, the ground became 20x more denser than before since it is compression magic, matter and mass cannot go anywhere else except for inward and clumped together. Taking that if the ground is average sandstone which is 2.6 p(g/cm3) X 20 = 52 p(g/cm3) which is much denser than diamond, and Ajeel managed to grind up the said ground into new sand.

I don't see speed being equalized. If this is Shinobi World War Gaara, he's MHS. And if it's Hokage Naruto era Gaara, he's MHS+ most likely. The speed difference between the two is quite massive regardless. I don't see how Ajeel could cope. I agree with the OP that Ajeel is underestimated after his defeat (which was well done without much nonsense) but I don't see how he could possibly win against someone in the same AP bracket but way way faster. I say Gaara wins.

But if the OP edits it and makes it speed equalized, then I could see it going either way but leaning more towards Ajeel due to superior physical prowess (stronger, more resilient, quite agile).

Thats what i was thinking i knew something wasnt right

if Equalized (which is gonna happen because if not its a stomp) Ajeel

If not Gaara

Well, I don't think Ajeel would be able to win just because of his physical prowess. His personality is a disadvantage for him because Gaara in contrast is superior in intelligence and and will calmly analyze the situation if he's in a bad situation. If Ajeel breaks through his shield, he still has an armor of sand that can protect him. If necessary, he can create a circular shield of sand to encase himself and monitor Ajeel's activities with his third eye to prevent himself from being caught off guard.

I'm not sure if Gaara can manipulate him if he turns into sand, but it's a possibility and he can alternatively disperse him with his Wind Release.

Also, I don't remember Ajeel flying so Gaara can take to the air and keep his distance and try to crush him with large amounts of sand. Since he has access to Magnet Release, he can either restrict his movement and crush him with sand or just seal him. But I'm not sure about his Gold Sand.

So yeah, I'm voting for Gaara.

@Burning Full Fingers

You make good points. Been a while since I read/watched anything Naruto related so I don't remember everything properly.

I think that Gaara's strategic and sealing abilities would give him the win here even though Ajeel's sand powers are superiour.

Well despite intelligence which Gaara takes, I would say that Ajeel's sand powers are still superior by far, if Ajeel uses Sand world, he could get close enough to dehydrate Gaara, but not before attacking him in different directions.

Gaara could use his sand shield, but depending on how dense it is, if it is less than 52 (g/cm3) then Ajeel should be able to break through. We only saw Gaara able to overpower gold dust should not be anywhere close to 52 (g/cm3)

Back