• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 8-C Tournament (Round 1, Match 1) Arlong VS Shigeo Kageyama

Since this is SBA, it would be in-character for Mob to spam telekinesis. But I don't recall him ever BFR-ing anyone into space

Because you need to prove that Mob would do that in-character. He's not ??? here. He's not bloodlusted. You need to back up your conclusion with proof that would support that, and not think about any method YOU think he would use without having the evidence.

I'll stick with calling it a stomp due to range. Even Dozens of meters vs melee is a major range stomp. And KM is an even more massive one

My evidence is that Mob has basic reasoning skills and that this fight is gonna be drawn out. He would logically try that at some point. He isn't gonna keep throwing him back if he keeps returning, he isn't an idiot or a machine, stop with this "but does he do it." Downplay, if he needs to, their is no reason that he wouldn't.

No evidence then. Good. We can move from the whole "BFR to space" BS.

What does Mob have to actually harm Arlong, then?

Stop acting like he is an idiot. He has some measure of intelligence, he has no reason not to do that eventually, you have no debunk to what I said, so stop pretending you are right.

You have no evidence for your claim either.

Any 9-B worth their shit can punch you to space, but only a few of them are allowed to get such victory condition because they have real evidence of thinking about such tactic.

Mob doesn't, therefore he wouldn't think of it.

He isn't an idiot, he already would be throwing Arlong repeatedly, throwing him up isn't that much of a logical jump for him. So why wouldn't he logically?

I'm gonna have to step in.

Is an idiot doesn't equal Is in character

Someone doesn't have to be an idiot to not do something. It's just not how their character thinks.

This will be a drawn out encounter. It is more of an assumption to say that he won't eventually try it.

Not as long as you don't present evidence of him thinking about it.

Until then, Arlong stalls through Danmaku and TK throwing because none of those would hurt him, and he'd get back from the BFR until Mob gets too tired.

Wouldn't that mean Mob couldn't win? He could out last due to lower stamina and couldn't kill him due to Durability + Regen. Plus getting one shot

That is far more interesting trolling there. You don't ever see something so niche. It is actually quite cool to look at in a morbid sense.

7.3/10

Why do you need evidence that someone would come up with the radical idea of throwing someone upwards, Mob understands his own powers, it is nonsense to assume that he is too stupid to realize that he can do that.

Because something like that is, as you said, radical.

For the last time, bring evidence of Mob thinking about such tactic or forget it. As of now, Arlong has the lead here by outlasting.

Not to mention you're treating Mob like he's infalible and can't fail an attack or would always use the same move over and over.

@Butters dura alone is enough. His regen covers only his teeth regrowing.

I think we can just agree to disagree Gold but let me make my case.

In a long drawn out encounter, such a simple concept would be a logical choice for Mob. Especially due to his stamina, it would be a reasonable last resort. If you are claiming in all of this time, Mob would just repeat the same, useless strategy until he exhausts himself without even thinking of something as simple as that, then what can I tell you.

Well yea. Durability is enough. The regen just doesn't help his case.

But Take my vote off. I'm closer for this fight being a stomp

Still no evidence.

You're not the one who writes the fight nor writes Mob, so YOUR interpretation of what Mob COULD do to win the fight is as valid as me saying "well, Arlong grabs a skyscraper because NY and throws him at Mob, and he wins because the skyscraper, while too heavy for Mob, is easy task for Arlong".

And you know what? Arlong has used a building to attack someone who bothered him.

So going by your concept, both can think of that, but my character has actually displayed such a tactic.

Picking up an entire building is far more far-fetched then literally throwing someone upwards. It isn't some weird niche tactic, stop treating it like one.

Wait actually if he used buildings before, why would doing that now be ridiculous? Your point is turning against you.

@Potato I don't know if you're reading correctly my reply.

What I said is, if we compare their victory conditions, Arlong has used his before while Mob hasn't.

Therefore, Arlong would come up with such move because he can and he would do that.

I actually agree then since it is something he thinks of definitely. But if he doesn't Mob throws up.

Yeah I am voting Arlong now if he does throw a building (I kinda remember that now from when I watched it, that was kinda cool.)

Ehh. I really am not fully convinced this shouldn't be considered a stomp. But if we don't call it a stomp. I guess I'll go Arlong to FRA

I'm in the team that claims is a stomp, but not in Mob's favor.

I'll have to update Arlong's profile later. The stamina and range descriptions are horrid.

I thought of something. The match starts, Arlong goes for Mob, Mob uses TK and swings him around, either for a short or long while. Arlong seems to have enough stamina to take a beating from being thrown around. Arlong then gets back up and uses either Shark on Darts or Shark on Tooth, basically hurling himself at Mob. When Mob tries to push him back again with TK, wouldn't the force with which Arlong propels himself be too great for Mob to push him back, considering Arlong has much higher LS than him?

Yeah, TK would be uneffective against that if Arlong is powering his jump with his own strength.

If he did jump at Mob. His TK wouldn't stop him since he is already in motion and that involves LS vs LS. So that's a possibility

Back